The Beacon Network Guide

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

GrandmasterH
RSN: GrandMasterH

The Beacon Network Guide

Post by GrandmasterH » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:01 am

Beacon Network Guide

Since I worked hard and came up with a route for the beacon i might as well make a guide of it for everyone who may need it in the future.
There are a total of 14 beacons, 5 of them are in the wilderness making them quite annoying. each beacon requires 20 (same type) logs
and doing all 14 will require 280 logs. you may give 5 logs to the guard who's watching the beacons to extend the length the beacon burns for.

so first you place all the logs into the beacons first then a second trip to light them all at once. There are some beacons that requires you to fix somethings or else you cant access it. so make sure you get that done too.

I used maple logs and i had a total of 300, 280 for beacons, and 20 for paying the first 4 guards just in case.
for my inventory i brought with me game necklace, digsite necklace, combat bracelet, 10 maples, 5 white tree fruits, goblin village sphere, 3 energy pots, 3 super energy pots, 1 dose of super stat restore, tinderbox, runes to tele to trollheim, and terrorbird to hold the other 10 maple logs.
ImageImage

we have our items, we have all 14 beacons filled with our logs. now here's the route that I did
I didn't bother making all the guards available to look after my beacon, but i wanted to pay a few to make sure everything is okay. So I decided to start from edgeville, it'd also save me the trouble of bringing a glory amulet also.
yeah, it looks a little messy~, but its cause i teleport alot!!
First from edgeville, light them one by one going east there should be 4 including the one in edgeville, ending near lumbermill.
Then I don't know why i didnt feel like walking right over and down, but i used digsite necklace and got to digsite went north and took care of the 5th and 6th beacons.
after these 2, goblin village sphere came in handy and got rid of the 7th beacon in gob vill.
game necklace to burthrope and theres a beacon to the east of it. 8 done~
next combat bracelet to monastery and to the black knight's fortress, behind it is our 9th beacon.
slightly over to the west we can hop right into the wilderness, travel northwest to around wilderness level 13~ 17 should be our 10th beacon.
here you can cast trollheim teleport (lets hope no rev teleblocked you) east of trollheim tele requires agility level to get to, light that, but don't go out into the wild go back and then run up to the entrance of gwd. north of it is our 12th beacon, if your fm level is 92, you might need to drink your super stat restore like i needed. here you can hop off the snowy area and into the wild.
run north from here and ull find the last 2 beacons. and ur done!

Here's a video of my run in 2x speed cuz the whole thing took like 10minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C9auAaZYGA

Near the end of the video I panicked a bit since my FM dropped down from gwd area to below 92 and i couldn't light the last one
luckily it was 91/92 and it went back to 92/92 just in time lol

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Re: The Beacon Network Guide

Post by Lady in Ice » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:42 am

Gratz!

Thanks for the guide :) I´m 89 fm atm, going for 92 as well.

Jax
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Erebos Jax

Post by Jax » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks for the guide Grand. One more tip you could save up space in inventory by using tireless Run scroll and a helm (e).
Qotsisajak
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Steam: Devilnion
Origin: Holgoma
Anime-Planet: Devilnion

Enjay
RSN: greengrrl

Post by Enjay » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:47 am

Nice guide, and congratulations.

I used the pool in ooglog for infinite run energy for 15 minutes just before starting my beacon run. If you have access to it I would highly reccommend it.

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Congrats on the Adze! When I did it, I was a coward, and used Magic logs. Finihed with like 5 minutes to spare or something. lol

Philoz 494
RSN: Bao Cong

Post by Philoz 494 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Really helpful, Thanks! :)

Draco Ea
RSN: Draco Ea

Post by Draco Ea » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Nice GM, i'm close to 92 and was starting to think how to handle this.
I was considering starting in deep wild, but u gave me some food for thought.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Draco_Ea][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose ... aco_Ea.png[/img][/url]

GrandmasterH

Post by GrandmasterH » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:10 pm

@aruji : im a summon noob (lowest skill 57) so i got no idea how to do that
@gg: i got ooglog unlocked but theres so many pools and i got no idea what each does. so i never bothered to go dipping, Ill look into it, 15min unlimited run sounds very useful for alot of things!
@darth: coward >=O
and everyone else, im just glad to help~ :)

Draco Ea
RSN: Draco Ea

Post by Draco Ea » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:35 am

I just finished my own run in 10 minutes flat.

Thx again for your info GM!

I handled it slightly different tho
- started at Paterdomus beacon - handed 5 logs to keeper
- ran to all the beacons till edge (u could gain even a lil more time by using glory from GE to edge but I didnt think about that)
-use combat bracelet to tele to monastery
-lighted Black knights beacon and then the lvl 13 wildy one, uusing the shortcut at black knights outpost
-used a tele globe to gob village, lighted the beacon there
-used combat bracelet again to warrios guild in burthope - lighted the burthope beacohn
-teled to trollheim
-lighted the trollheim beacon
-ran to the gwd beacon - used sup restore when lighting the beacon (stat drain from that area)
-used agil shortcut to enter wildy
-ran to the last 2 beacons
all done in 10 minutes, the beacons were still burning when i went to look at them after getting my reward(s) from the king :)

i only needed the tiredless run scrolls from my terrorbord, but had my explorers ring for insurance with me.

ps a nice/fun tip : if u hand a beacon guardian a macaw pouch he/she/it will be able to show u the status of ALL beacons :) (only 10 guardians, the last 2 dont have one, so only 10 pouches are needed)
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Draco_Ea][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose ... aco_Ea.png[/img][/url]

Enjay
RSN: greengrrl

Post by Enjay » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Congratuwelldone draco!

Loxy
RSN: Loxy127

Post by Loxy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:17 am

This is a nice guide. Well done on getting the inferno. When I get to 92 Ill probably follow this guide.

GrandmasterH

Post by GrandmasterH » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:25 am

oh good job drac =] glad you finished yours, and thats a cool thing about the macaw pouch! didn't know about it

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Post by magerpainz » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:29 am

Nice guide GM. I just did 10 beacons for the gloves and ring. Need a lot of lvls to do em all yet
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:12 am

Use magic logs fill them all beforehand. No need to pay anyone.

Diplomatt
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:12 pm

I think we may need a scouting party to help people get the adze from now on! Has anyone tried since the wild is back into play?