9. Difficult monsters
10. Tips and Tricks

1. General Requirements

- completion of 'Plague's End'
- 85 slayer

2. Suggested Stats

- 87 summoning (combat familiar)
- 90 attack, strength, ranged, magic
- 95 prayer (soulsplit + turmoil, anguish, torment)
- 96 herblore (super antifire + overload)

3. Suggested Equipment

Gear
- drygores, chaotic staff, royal crossbow (+royal bolts)
- hybrid armour (such as warpriest or Akrisaes)
- dragonrider amulet/fury/desert amulet 4
- ferocious ring (only if upgraded to give the damage boost in Morvran's dungeon too)
- skillcape/superior reefwalkers cape/ardougne cloak 4/max cape

Backpack
- 2 doses overload
- 2 doses prayer renewal
- 2 doses super antifire
- 3 super restores/prayer potions
- combat familiar + scrolls
- weapons for the styles you are not wielding (preferably 2h)
- some pieces of food

4. General Strategy

- Use an overload, prayer renewal and super antifire potion right before you enter. Renew those buffs at the 5 minute mark. Also turn on the level 95 prayer you think you will be using most.
- Obviously you are trying to complete as many waves as you can. So try to minimize the time spent on switching weapons/prayers. Don't bother with protection prayers and just keep soulsplit on all the time.
- Don't bother changing the level 95 protection prayer except for harder targets. (e.g. Kalgerion Demons, Airuts, Glacors)
- If you want to use ultimate abilities, do it when the wave starts.

5. Bronze Difficulty (85 slayer)

- requires completion of ???
- Ivandis flail/a Blisterwood weapon
- suggested spell: best (water)spell

Here it is best to mage the weaker monsters, and use the weakness for the other monsters.

6. Silver Difficulty (90 slayer)

- suggested spell: best (water)spell

Here it is best to mage the weaker monsters, and use the weakness for the other monsters.

7. Gold Difficulty (95 slayer)

- Silverlight/Darklight
- Fire cape/any TokHaar-Kal/Completionist Cape/purchased ability to harm with Ice strykewyrms without a fire cape
- suggested spell: best ancient fire spell

Here it is best to mage the weaker monsters, and use the weakness for the other monsters. See point 9 for more information.

8. Platinum Difficulty (99 slayer)

- Silverlight/Darklight
- Fire cape/any TokHaar-Kal/Completionist Cape/purchased ability to harm with Ice strykewyrms without a fire cape
- suggested spell: best ancient fire spell

If the monster in question has a weakness, USE IT! See next part for more information.

9. Difficult Monsters

Celestial Dragon
Use 3 ranged threshold abilities and make your combat familiar use one or two special moves.

Tormented Demon
The Tormented Demon has a shield around itself that drastically reduces its damage taken. To disable this shield you need to land a successful hit with the Silverlight or Darklight. This can be tricky as they also use proctection prayers to block all damage in one style for 100%. I usually try to hit it with magic twice, then switch to my Darklight and off-hand drygore. Those 2 magic hits in the beginning will make sure that the Tormented Demon switches its protection prayer to magic around the time I switch to melee. And that is how I try to keep proceeding: do 1 regular ability, then one threshold, then switch combat style. Also make your combat familiar help out. Note that there is a chance that the Tormented Demon will change protection prayers to match your combat familiars attacks.

Glacor
The Glacor will spawn with 20001 lifepoints. Hit it once with a fire spell and run to the edge of the arena. It will now spawn three minions. These minions will have to be killed before you can damage the Glacor further. Depending on which minion you kill last, the Glacor will inherit an extra ability, so the order in which you kill the minions is of some importance.
- Enduring Glacyte: not aggressive. The further it is away from the Glacor, the easier it takes damage. Try to kill this one first. (use wild magic when it is near you)
- Unstable Glacyte: aggressive. Has a bar above its head which indicates time until it explodes and causes heavy damage. Kill second or last.
- Sapping Glacyte: aggressive. Kill this one second or last.
After all the minions are down use asphyxiate on the Glacor. Don't worry about what your combat familiar is doing during this wave.

Muspahs
Use ancient magic on them. One magic threshold per Muspah should suffice.

Mutated Jadinkos
In my opinion both magic and melee are good to kill them. I would go for what the style I used the round before as to avoid switching and losing time.

Automatons
There are three different kinds of Automatons. Which ones spawn are completely random. I usually fight them with their weakness. One or two thresholds depending on how well the first one did. Combat familiar always helps!

Kal'gerion Demon
It is advised to kill this one with drygores. If you haven't already, switch level 95 prayer to turmoil. Use as much thresholds as it takes. I found that the steel titan had little effect on them as they seem to have a high defence.

Ganodermic Beast
Fight it with magic. One threshold should suffice. Any other style than magic has nearly no effect. So don't bother using your combat familiars special move (unless it is a mage one).

Airut
Use melee against them. Usually one threshold should seal the deal, but if it doesn't, just use another. Keep flurry ready as it really destroys them should they do their special move. Use one special move of your combat familiar per Airut.

Ice Strykewyrm
Whether you have a fire cape or alike will determine how quick you can kill them. If you are wearing a fire cape, fire spells will do double damage. One threshold should be enough to kill them. If you do not own a fire cape I think it will be hard for you to get to wave 20. So try to get one for this. Note that kiln capes, the TokHaar-Kals, work just as well.

10. Tips and Tricks
  1. It is very important that you can use as much thresholds as possible. For this you need adrenaline. So your main methods of healing should be soulsplit and saradomin brews. (I think that if you eat when there are no monsters in the room your adrenaline doesn't decrease either, but I'm not sure of this.)
  2. Use Keybinds to switch between action bars. You can change those under control settings.
  3. If you are using a combat familiar, set the left click familiar option to attack. Click on the familiar icon and then on a monster to make your familiar attack it.
  4. If you think you can't handle using special move scrolls for your familiar, put the scrolls in an enchanted slayer helm and wear that.
  5. While you are attacking one monster, you can make your combat familiar attack another. If you use this alongside auto retaliate it should make the combat more effortless.

That is all I can think of for now. Hope this was useful for some of you.
Good luck!

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Re: Rush of Blood

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:35 pm

Thanks for this!
morituri te salutant

Milly
RSN: Milly

Post by Milly » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:19 pm

Thanks Selene! This will be really useful :D

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:17 pm

Thanks Sel! I'll definitely reference this when I get brave enough to try R.O.B., rofl...... :-ss :)
ImageImage

Aeversme
Inactive
RSN: Ace Aardvark

Post by Aeversme » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Looking forward to another go at this soon. Thanks for the tips!

buzzsaw100
Inactive
RSN: Buzzsaw-Buzzsaw100

Post by buzzsaw100 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:27 am

What I did, is since Magic is pretty good at most monsters, I wore magic power gloves and boots, and had power magic top/bot, magic tokkar-kal, and slayer helm. Had my ruinic accuracy aura as well. For the others I'd just have warpriest top and bottom and weapon swap.

Also for TDs, what you can do is with a steel titan, is mage to start, then hit it with darklight once you can. Then have your titan spec it, then threshold mage, titan spec, mage threshold, etc. A steel titan spec will most likely cause enough damage to make the TD pray range.

At the end of each wave no matter what, I'll try to swap into my mage gear for the start of the next wave, since its a good chance you'll be using it. Don't forget to sunshine your way as much as you can as well :)
Ironman:

ImageImageImage

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Posted to High Level Forums (just another perspective):

• Equipment
° Armour: Armadyl/Bandos Warpiest > Saradomin/Zamorak Warpiest (all non-gold)
° Main Weapon: Nox Staff > Chaotic staff
° TDS Switch: Nox Scythe > Chaotic Maul > Drygores
° Amulet: Amulet of Souls > Dragonrider > Fury
° Ring: Ring of Death > Onyx (i)/Sixth-age circuit
° Cape: Tokhaar-kal > Fire cape
° Aura: Supreme Runic Accuracy + 1 hour time buff with Vis Wax > inferior tiers
° Scrimshaw: Superior Scrimshaw of Elements > Scrimshaw of Elements

Alternative Ring & Aura setup for maximizing Adrenaline after using Sunshine Ability:
Ring: Ring of Vigour. Aura: Supreme Invigorate + 1 hour time buff with Vis Wax.

Rest of the slots are covered in the armour section.

• Inventory
x1 Overload potion/flask
x3 Super Restore/prayer Flasks
x1 Adrenaline Flask
x1 Super Antifire potion/flask
x1 Weapon Poison ++ potion/flask
x20+ Holy Water (important for TDS)
Fire + Blood runes for Blood Barrage spell
x18 Rocktail Soup > Rocktail > Shark

• Familiar
° Ice Nihil
(I do not recommend Steel Titan for non-advanced PVM'ers)
° Steel Titan, if you can manage the added complexity

• Spell Book and Prayer book: Ancient

• Action Bar for Magic: (ascending by hotkey slot)
1. Wrack. 2. Chain. 3. Combust. 4. Dragon Breath. 5. Sacrifice. 6. Deep Impact 7. Sonic Wave. 8. Asphyxiate. 9. Wild Magic. 0. Sunshine. -. Smoke Tendrils.

• Quick Tips:
° Use Revolution Mode. Blood Barrage Spell. Soul Split, and Torment prayers.
° Try to build up adrenaline by attacking the Elves outside the D&D before you start. When the cage gets you down there; space bar the chat dialogue before you attempt to adrenaline stall using an ability, as if you did it before you continue the chat dialogue; it will not work and the Adrenaline will continue dropping. The benefit of this is having thresholds as soon as you start. It will save you few bits of time.
° Use Chain Ability for multiple attack-able monsters to stop them from randomly moving and easily reach them to use Dragon Breath Ability on them.
° Use as many thresholds against Celestial Dragons/Airuts, and as less basics.
° Click a threshold (if possible) against Ice Strykewyrms when they are still doing their spawn animation. Your Ability will activate sooner than you think.
° Only use Sunshine Ability when you can drink an Adrenaline dose, and only drink it AFTER you have activated Sunshine, and not before that.
° For Tormented Demon: Throw few Holy Waters on it, then quickly switch to Melee, and switch back to magic after few big hits, and repeat the switching back and forth until you kill it. If switching Action bars confuses you; have melee abilities separately present on your screen.
° For Glacor: Hit the main Glacor, then rush to hitting the *Enduring* minion, with Chain Ability as fast as you can (best it be the first attack on him), then run south far from the main Glacor. Use Dragon Breath Ability on the Enduring Minion when the minions are far enough, then kill him, and proceed to killing the other 2, then rush to kill the main Glacor. All of that must be done as fast as possible.

Forum posts on the above:
I suggest using ring of vigour + supreme invigorate aura(with seismics you don't miss, so same with noxious)

You'll have 22% adrenaline right after sunshine (if you are using seismic, otherwise 20% with noxious; has to do with weapon speed and slipping the 1 auto attack in right after sunshine), with adrenaline pot + 1 skill you'll be at 55+% adrenaline and ready to nuke.
One question - what makes the nihil better than titan? I've been bringing slayer helmet with the titan scrolls for the auto-specials. Does the nihil deal more damage with less interaction?

Response: Nihil is not better (it adds +5% magic accuracy), but easier to manage than a Steel Titan, so it is the way for the less experienced PVM'ers, because the Titan adds a level of multi-tasking complexity. However, if you can effectively use Steel Titan during the fight; then by all means, use it.
You should bring range incase u get a celestial dragon

Response: I tried ranging them. I found maging them better (despite being potentially less effective) if you can threshold them; you remove the need to switch, as they will die quickly.
Comment: I used only Nox staff, only switched to dark light to get shield off. Steel titan (spec) and dreadnips helped with the protection prayers.
More advice:
- Airuts: try to use slaughter on one preferrably on range stance, make him bleed then focus on the other. Your steel titan should focus on the first airut.
- Tormented demon: try to knock out the shield as soon as you can. Use dry/nox while titan speccing. He should switch prayers from the titan spec most of the time.
- Automatons: If you have a generator spawned, get the titan on him while you deal with the other. Usually all forms can be dealt with mage anyway.
- Glacor: combust the enduring glacyte as soon as he spawns. Once he gets closer to you, use chain and dragon breath to clear out the glacytes quickly.
- Ice strykewyrms: Even without sunshine, this can be done in 30 seconds. First strykewyrm, use dragon breath and a couple more basics should finish them off. Second stryke, use asphyxiate; it should die by then. Last strykewyrm you should have dragon breath available again; use this with wild magic to finish the last one.
- If you're using revolution, set dragon breath as your first ability. Incase you forget to use it when its ready.
morituri te salutant

Aeversme
Inactive

Post by Aeversme » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Thanks Dr Brad, lots of good advice in there!

Obitus Dator
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Obitus Dator

Post by Obitus Dator » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Well using some of the advice from above (need to tweak a few things after reading the new posts) - I've gone from:
Level 13 on Bronze on my first attempt to Level 14 on Gold (don't have 99 Slayer, so that's my top one) on my next attempt.
So a decent improvement, but still some way to go.

Thanks for the tips.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
DurusNucleus is my Hardcore account.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:11 pm

More advice from HLF:
Airut I found to be the biggest pain and the most inconsistent for kill times.

I found to deal huge damage very quickly attuned portents of degradation III heal and inflict damage back to your opponent. Using them with tendrils means you hit high + take damage so the portent also does damage. Using this I could literally bowl over Airut in no time.
morituri te salutant

buzzsaw100
Inactive
RSN: Buzzsaw-Buzzsaw100

Post by buzzsaw100 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:38 am

I like the portent of degradation idea, very good thought there. Also with summoning tweaks coming out soon, should make it a bit easier.
Ironman:

ImageImageImage

goronak
Inactive
RSN: Goronak

Post by goronak » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:49 am

im gonna have to really revamp my tactics for the slayer master title. gonna be putting some of these tips to the test. as of right now the highest i've ever gotten on ROB was halfway through wave 18 with just magic.
Image Image

Aeversme
Inactive

Post by Aeversme » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:48 pm

I just managed to get the Slayer Master title. I did use some of these tips, although I neglected to get good at Tormented Demons beforehand (which led to some frustration). Should have used a Steel Titan with scrolls, but I did manage in the end.

I used almost all mage with a chaotic staff, except for switching to zaryte on TDs (again, not a recommended strategy). I wore:

Full subjugation
Sixth age ring (would go with ferocious ring next time, but I forgot)
Supreme runic accuracy
Superior scrimshaw of the elements
Tokkar-kal (I only have the melee one)
Fury

I had an ice nihil summoned - again, would go with steel titan + scrolls in the future.

Inventory was:

Darklight/holy water
Dreadnips - used on almost everything
Rush of blood damage enhancer - awesome if you can get one
Overload
Prayer renewal
Prayer pots
Super antifire
Adrenaline pot
Runes for blood barrage
Rocktails

I kept torment (not turmoil, haha!) on the whole time, and used Asphyxiate and Wild Magic as often as possible. For jadinko waves, I used Sunshine and Chain/Dragon Breath to lure them in for extra damage. Otherwise, I stuck to threshold abilities.

Overall, this took me about eight tries before I got a good enough sequence of spawns to make it through at Platinum. The only wave I ever found difficult was tormented demons - everything else goes down pretty fast as long as you have thresholds available.
Last edited by Aeversme on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:36 pm

aeversme wrote:I kept turmoil on the whole time...
Do you mean torment?

GRATS!
morituri te salutant

Aeversme
Inactive

Post by Aeversme » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Dr Brad wrote:
aeversme wrote:I kept turmoil on the whole time...
Do you mean torment?

GRATS!
Yeah, that thing! :p