Buzz's Livid Farm Guide

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

buzzsaw100
Inactive
RSN: Buzzsaw-Buzzsaw100

Buzz's Livid Farm Guide

Post by buzzsaw100 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:55 am

First off this is not a 100% complete guide, it assume you have some knowledge of how Livid Farm works, I don't feel the need to list the mechanics on how everything works, these are just some pointers on how to make life at Livid easier. More info about how Livid works and where a lot of my info comes from is at http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Livid_farm

Tip #1 Start Livid ASAP!

The mistake I commonly see among people at Livid is that they're already maxed and Livid is the last requirement they have for Completionist Cape. This is a mistake in my opinion, as you are going to have to spend time/money at livid, and you're going to get some useful exp from it, which for most of us exp after 99 is wasted exp, so I'd suggest doing it before maxed so the exp is actually useful :)
This is the experience you get from start to finish of Livid Farm (This is base exp, could be increased with various bonuses)
1.8m Magic exp
1.4m farming exp
581k crafting exp
293k construction exp
273k agility exp

Tip #2 Budget your time

It takes 44 hours to unlock all the Livid spells, so you obviously have to do it in sections, if you try to do it all in one week you're going to go insane. You might have heard try and goal yourself one spell at a time, but even that is a minimum of 3 hours, which I'm sure many fellow KoAers will tell you, will fry your brain and make you hate Livid even more.
My suggestion is, try to make it a daily thing, use your wicked hood and craft your daily runes at the astral altar (which also saves 14m if you craft all your runes) and use those for your daily Livid run. With my fully upgraded wicked hood, all 5 pouches and double astrals, I get right around 500 a day from there, which will take a little under a half an hour to use at Livid Farm. You can use this, or double it up to 1k astrals a day as your daily budget. So using a budget of around 500 astrals a day, you'll complete Livid farm, from the start in just around 100 days of work, which is half the time of the Dahmaroc statue for 30 minutes a day. Or only 50 days for an hour a day and 1k astrals.

Tip #3 Have your loadout set

Here I'll show my loadout which I believe is the most efficient for doing Livid Farm, and will explain everything
ss (2014-07-07 at 09.33.42).jpg
Livid Inventory
ss (2014-07-07 at 09.33.42).jpg (39.35 KiB) Viewed 6982 times
The worn equipment is the Farmer's bonus set from Treasure hunter, if you don't have the farmer's clothing, wear whatever xp boosting gear you have, either artisans, or constructor's outfit
Make sure to use a Mud Battlestaff, all the spells use either/both earth and water runes, and Mud staff acts as both, saving you a lot of money and 2 inv spaces.
Necklace is the crystal necklace from the summer promo for elf city.

ss (2014-07-15 at 12.44.19).jpg
Livid Equipment v2
ss (2014-07-15 at 12.44.19).jpg (36.11 KiB) Viewed 6986 times
Inventory is listed for approx 30 minute run, You won't use all the nature, as you use about half as many nats as astrals.
The other runes are for the distractions at livid, and when you do them, you'll get your runes back, so you could go down to 10 if you want.
The broad arrow making supplies are for something to do between rounds, I've found that I get a little bit of time, and since I personally still need fletching levels, I make broad arrows, I typically have enough time to complete 10-20 sets of arrows between rounds.
For lunar lumber, I typically pick up 6 when I need to and craft them between rounds so that I have them ready for a new round.

Hope you all find this guide useful, and feedback is appreciated :)
Last edited by buzzsaw100 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ironman:

ImageImageImage

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Re: Buzz's Livid Farm Guide

Post by Oobz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Thanks for taking the time to create this :)

I wish I had done it before maxing, as you say, I wasted lots of time and exp!
Image Image

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:19 pm

buzzsaw100 wrote:My suggestion is, try to make it a daily thing, use your wicked hood and craft your daily runes at the astral altar (which also saves 14m if you craft all your runes) and use those for your daily Livid run
This is how I did it... There is no way I could have coped with doing it all at once.

Thanks for the guide, Buzz B-)
ImageImage

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Post by Cally Raven » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:17 am

Thanx Buzz, really need to get started with this :D
Image]

The Duckness
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Katys Noob

Post by The Duckness » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Thank you! I needed something like this to get me started on Livid Farm!
The Duckness has been shelved for the time being, only playing on Katys Noob for the moment!

buzzsaw100
Inactive
RSN: Buzzsaw-Buzzsaw100

Post by buzzsaw100 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:46 pm

Just did some more livid, realized I forgot mind runes xD, so I updated the inventory picture.
Ironman:

ImageImageImage