Barrows - The Other Way

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Harold King
Inactive
RSN: harold king

Barrows - The Other Way

Post by Harold King » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:50 pm

There are many ways to play the Barrows minigame effectively.
One of the (in my opinion) best ways, is rarely mentioned (or in a very offhand way, as on runescape wiki)

The Safespot Way.

The tactics:
You will mainly be fighting the Barrows in the tunnels, using safespots to minimize the amount of prayer potions / food used. When you arrive at the barrows, try to fight Karil and Ahrim first (your normal prayer should be enough, no potions needed).
1) If neither of them is the tunnel:
1a) while you have enough prayer left to do so, fight the barrows in the crypts, this will save time later in the tunnels.
1b) if you already found the tunnel, enter it. Otherwise, find it - and enter it. (do not fight)
2) If one of them IS your tunnel, enter it after beating Karil/Ahrim (whichever one is NOT the tunnel, obviously)

..now you are in the tunnels..

Keep opening a door that leads from a corner room to a long side passage until:
1) there are too many creatures, move to an other such door (there are 8, plenty of choice)
2) a barrows brother appears:
2a) if it's Karil or Ahrim, go through the door again, drink prayer potion, go back and fight. It is very rare that a second brother appears now, but it CAN happen (if it's Ahrim/Karil again, just run, otherwise go on to 2b)
2b) quickly get in a safespot (either behind a rock (in side tunnel) or behind the "ladder", note that the "ladder" safespot is available in Every corner chamber even if the ladder itself isn't actually there) - put on your mage gear (or at least get out of your melee gear) and kill the brother with Magic Dart.
3) continue doing this until you've had all brothers, but you can save either Karil or Ahrim for the chest (you can't safespot them anyway)
4) the obvious - get your reward and leave.

I don't think I have to explain what stuff you should take - it barely matters anyhow since you'd be safespotting and praying on the rest.. My advice is to take Proselyte armour (strong enough to protect against the normal monsters in the tunnel and obviously used when praying) and a mystic body. For the rest.. just be creative :lol:

Take 1 or 2 prayer pots, you will be using only 2 doses per trip on average - except when Karil or Ahrim is your tunnel (you won't need the second one ever, but better safe than sorry) which makes this method nearly as good as the ones that don't require any ppots - but it's far safer.

On a sidenote, I haven't actually done this for about a year - the situation may have changed (but probably not). I got full Dharok with it (and a lot of other stuff that I sold) which I got scammed right out of but oh well :lol: (yay for item lending..)