Clan Avatar at corporal Beast

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Clan Avatar at corporal Beast

Post by magerpainz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:29 am

Ssnowangel, Tehlu, Creeping Deth and fall and fail went with me on an unofficial corp event to test the Killer avatar out as a healer in a group. I think we all agree that it was definitely an advantage to take to the corp lair.
The avatar set to heal seems to act like a bunyip that heals everyone in KOA that is near it.
I'm not sure how it would be in the GWDs as I feel it may get in the way there, but no worse than a familiar maybe.
Only way to find out is to test it. worth a try.
Thank you for going along all.
ava.JPG
ava.JPG (96.29 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Re: Clan Avatar at corporal Beast

Post by Dima » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:10 am

Heal rate? Increase of trip's length? Effect of presence? Cost? Does it fight? Does it absorb damage, if so, how much?

o_O
o_O
o_O
o_O
o_O
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Post by magerpainz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Heal rate? Increase of trip's length? Effect of presence? Cost? Does it fight? Does it absorb damage, if so, how much?
Take it for a spin. It's probably sitting all lonely up in the citadel!

I had it set to heal, so it didn't fight or absorb damage. Soak is another option (Buff).
If you have paid your weekly ort amount, there is no cost to use it as a bunyip.

under Protector buff (soak) you may have to heal it with ort. I'm not sure. We only used it as a healer.

From http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_Avatar

So at 2% of 990 lp every 5 seconds, that would be 19.8 health 12 times a min=237.6 lp/min. A sip of sara brew is about 170 lp replenish. A rocktail heals 230 lps. That makes it like eating a rocktail every minute if you don't over heal with brews before the Ava can heal you.
Therefore, I would say the effects of it's presence considerable, and the increase in the trips' length also considerable, depending on how efficient one is at utilizing the Avatar's healing powers without capping lp by sipping a brew.
Note: The effects of a bonfire would also increase the life-points/minute replenished as would wearing Nex armor.

The biggest advantage is that it acts like a healing familiar that you can take to the corp beast without it being consumed by the beast.
Going with my normal inventory, I found myself running out of prayer long before I ran low on brews.
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Super thanks for the info!
That's sound pretty good, especially for lesser boss monsters (upcoming GWD update anyone?).
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.