Smithing help

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

noobsrule
RSN: madmart08

Smithing help

Post by noobsrule » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:05 pm

I've had a look through the topics and can't seem to find what im looking for exactly, im currently 81 smithing and was hoping for mid to high 90's if not 99. The trouble im having is finding a balance between time cost and xp. We all know the story, cheap takes forever, quick costs the earth and the middle ground is usually a grind. Does anyone have any suggestions for me as to the best way forward im sitting on my hands at the moment as im worried i'll spend what cash i do have on the wrong thing and end up going no-where fast any help would be great thank you in advance.

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Re: Smithing help

Post by SnowAngel » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 pm

I always liked training 2 skills together to break up some of the boredom. Get your mining to lvl 77 so you can mine concentrated coal deposits. Then mine that til 80 mining and switch to concentrated gold deposits. Sell all the coal you mined to buy gold bars and use all the gold you will be mining to make more gold bars using the gold gauntlets from the Family Crest quest. Also, don't forget to wear the Varrock armour.
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Post by Imp334 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:23 am

Adamant is likely to be about the best price they're going to ever be from the bot supply. I think making bars in the citadel is popular for free experience, plus you can use the clan ring's double xp on regular smithing as well. I'd also recommend using sc hammers (we have regular stealing creation events to get those).
Keep in mind, the bar type and number is what counts for xp, making 5 bronze hatchets will give the same xp as a bronze platebodies, but the prices may come out as very different.
Using both clan ring and sc hammers, you should get very good xp for your money.
If getting sc hammers and stuff sounds like too much work for you, you could always go the gold bar making route with goldsmithing gloves. Gold ore is probably very low from lrc bots
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape

serame
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Serame

Post by serame » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Lots of really good advice. I've been working on smithing, too. I get coal from Miscellania and sell it, then I buy addy bars and make bolts with sc hammers. Unfletched bolts have been selling better than fletched, and they bring almost as much money as the bars cost to buy, so I don't lose much money. I get a smithing ring from the citadel each week and use it to make gold bars. I could mine gold at lrc, but I just buy it usually and smith the gold bars to sell. It loses money, but it's fast and with the gold gauntlets and the citadel ring it's around 84 xp per bar. I also mine and smith everything I can find when I dung, every little bit helps. I'm in no hurry for 99 smithing, so this has worked fine for me so far. Good luck!

Kevinsaurus
RSN: Kevinsaurus

Post by Kevinsaurus » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Generally, I'd just recommend artisan's workshop with adamant armor there. It's not horribly expensive, gives very fast experience, and is pretty much afkable for 2 minutes at a time.
[center][url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Kevinsaurus][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/t5lejie/ ... saurus.png[/img][/url]
[sig]2012_08_magic2.png[/sig][/center]

I San I
RSN: I San I

Post by I San I » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:45 pm

I make cannon balls in port phas. I did the tasks to make cannon balls faster, but it still takes a while.