Killing Jad, the easy way.......................

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Killing Jad, the easy way.......................

Post by Diplomatt » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:52 am

Being one of the most experienced TzHaar Fight Cave fighters in the clan (Hey, I said experienced, not successful! :D I've been there nearly 50 times!). I thought I would write a little guide to try and help anyone out who falls foul at the same point as I did................killing Jad! If your like me, you can get to Jad every single time, then the problems start! You must have at least level 68 prayer (78+ is ideal) with Curses available and Ancient Magicks with a level of at least 80 to try this way.

Equipment and Inventory

Equipment
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (82.38 KiB) Viewed 11176 times
This way of killing Jad hinges on wearing Ganodermic Armour, 'tanking' the magic attacks, praying 'ranged' and using ancient magic. Look at the Magic defense bonus, it's 265.

I wore:

Full Ganodermic Armour although if you are fighting under a Slayer task, I would recommend you wear your full Slayer helm for the bonus, the difference is really noticeable.
Amulet of Fury
Soul Wars Cape (used for prayer bonus, but you could use a God Cape for extra magic bonus)
Polypore Staff (you need at least 1200 charges, I have tried 4 times with this staff and each time used around 1000 charges)
Spectral Spirit Shield (You can use any shield you wish but a Dragon-fire shield carries a negative mage bonus for attack!)
Ragefire Boots (or the best mage footwear you have)
Culinaromancer's gloves 10 (or the best gloves you can from his chest)
Seers ring for magic bonus.

Inventory

Elite enhanced excalibur - An awesome bit of kit for healing. Very useful when those level 90 Tok-Xil hammer you with range! If you don't have the elite Seers tasks done, a normal enhanced excaliber will also do.
Vecna Skull - Boosts Magic by +6 every few minutes
Biscuits I take these just incase Jad ever invites me for a Cup of Tea half way through! We've met each other so many times now, we're practically related! These or sweets, just incase you start to flap and need to eat at a rush during your assent to Jad.
TokKul-Zo ring Switch to this little baby when you get to level 62, you get a 10% attack bonus when using it AND the attack bonus DOES stack with a Slayer Helm! It only carries so many charges and you will use it all up if you wear it too early!
Blood Barrage Runes I had enough for 300 casts. You do require 92 Mage to use this spell, but Blood Barrage will recover the caster's life points by one quarter of the damage inflicted!
The rest of the inventory, I filled up with Saradomin Brew Flasks and Super Restore Flasks. I took 9 Super Restore (6) and 12 Saradomin Brew (6). On my successful completion I was surprised that i had hardly used the flasks. All the other attempts, I had panicked and used them all up!

Method

Getting to wave 62 in the Fight Cave can be as easy or as hard as you want to make, all I will say is, you will be surprised at the speed the Polypore staff dispatches them! I can now get to Jad in around 1 hour 15 minutes and using only 1 flask of Super Restore and maybe one sip of Saradomin brew if I was unlucky in the previous waves.

Dispatch the two Ket Zet Level 360's and start to prepare for the final level. Switch your Ancient Curses to Deflect Missiles and Leech Magic, change your ring to the TokKul-Zo ring, select auto cast of the Blood Barrage Spell, click your Vecna Skull, click auto retaliate to OFF if you haven't already, I usually do this around level 31, and get ready for your Fire Cape. Keep your tab on your inventory, there is no need to change at all in this method.

Take a deep breath and STAY CALM, yes Sat, that includes you!

When you hear Jad, run out and stand around 10 paces away and attack him with Blood Barrage/ Blood Blitz. When Jad fires range at you, so what, your protected with curses and he may even get a little kick back from it. When he fires Magic at you, you will receive the maximum damage of around 400. Stay calm, take a few sips of saradomin brew to get your health back up and a sip of super restore, then attack him again. You may even feel brave enough to spec with excaliber to heal. The usual ratio is 3 sips of brew to 1 sip of super restore. Don't worry about the strength of his mage attacks, you are praying leech mage and the longer your out there, the weaker the attacks will be and the stronger yours will be!

When the healers come out, be pro-active and not re-active. Catch them early by attacking each one once. They will attack you and not heal Jad. If your feeling pretty comfortable at this stage and are using Blood Barrage, don't forget its a multi spell, so fire a few more at the little 'gits' for all the hardship they have caused you in the past! You don't need to kill them, they will only cause you a little damage.

Switch back to Jad. When your hit with mage, heal, super restore and attack again. You can prepare yourself by hovering over a sara brew when you hear the sound effect change for his magic attack. The damage you receive will be significantly small compared to what you used to get. Keep firing spells at him until he freezes up and you have a Fire Cape!

IF you are hit twice by a magic attack, just STAY CALM, click your Saradomin Brew until you heal up and click your Super Restore and you will be fine!

Oh and what haven't I explained yet? Yes, when all this is going on, and Jad's life bar is going down.........your life bar is going up from the Blood spells you are killing him with!

Thankyou to Dan for telling me the Gano method and Gilly for the Blood Barrage method.

Good Luck

Andy
Last edited by Diplomatt on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Re: Killing Jad, the easy way.......................

Post by magerpainz » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:59 am

Looks good Andy. Does blood barrage hit Jad very hard? Just curious. I too maged him, but with poly staff. I could see Blood barrage as being beneficial if it hits though.
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

Diplomatt
Inactive

Post by Diplomatt » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Yes Mager, it does hit him hard at times, especially towards the latter part of his life bar. If I remember correctly, I fired about 60 blood barrages over all, from the runes I had left.

I tried a Polystaff on him and the staff is good enough on it's own, but for people like me, who just flap like mad at the mere sound of Jad, Blood Barrage is like another 'safety net'. For my next cape, I will just use the Poly staff!

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Post by Imp334 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:36 pm

I used polypore for my attempt, didn't think of using blood spells to heal up, very nice!
I used the same method, don't forget you can activate an aura for extra boost. If you have it, vampirism should stack with blood spells for healing.
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape

SirDuke17
RSN: MattFearless

Post by SirDuke17 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:31 pm

I'm finally going to get this fire cape.

Thanks for posting, Matt! Great name, too.

Huzzah
RSN: Huzzah

Post by Huzzah » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Thanks for the guide, I tried this today. Was like my 2nd or 3rd attempt at Jad ever, lol. I gatta say its pretty easy. I made it up to round 45 and then died by my own personal mistake. Got too close with low hp to the 360 and got meleed. The blood spells work rewally well for healing. I brought extra casts to try it out. Ill use this method again for sure.
[b]Classic:[/b] Combat 084 - 1134 Total Level.
[b]Pre-Eoc[/b] Combat 121 - 2288 Total Level.

Retired fall of 2012. Goodluck Koa! :)

Anorru
RSN: Anorru

Post by Anorru » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:43 am

Pilgrim Matt wrote:STAY CALM
Yeah, that part is tough...

Joedakiller
RSN: Joedakiller

Post by Joedakiller » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:21 am

I noticed you suggested to switch to the Tokkul-zo at wave 63. I've gotten away with using 1/3rd of its charges in one complete run. Id suggest keeping it on throughout the waves if you're 90+ magic.

Diplomatt
Inactive

Post by Diplomatt » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Bump for the weak!

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Diplomatt wrote:Bump for the weak!
What are you trying to say Andy? :P

Xardnor
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Xardnor

Post by Xardnor » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks, Andy. Any chance of a "Fight Caves 2: Beat the Kiln" guide? :) (Does this basic strategy work there too?)

Satrianisaxe
RSN: Satrianisaxe

Post by Satrianisaxe » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Cheers Andy! Having waited for Kuradel Special Task, I finally got it yesterday and sent the big man off to meet his maker!! Yay for Fire Cape!!!!

Diplomatt
Inactive

Post by Diplomatt » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Well Done Sat!!!! I thought it was a bit of thunder 'on the wind', but it must have been you cheering!

I havn't tried the kiln yet. I'm waiting to get another Jad Slayer task and get another fire cape before I hand one in to access the kiln!

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:14 pm

I just tried this way too, works like a charm. Cheers Andy!
Image Image

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Xardnor wrote:Thanks, Andy. Any chance of a "Fight Caves 2: Beat the Kiln" guide? :) (Does this basic strategy work there too?)
Having done the kiln a few times, I would say not because you have to fight 7 jads and you need to conserve your food for the final fight. In my opinion you need to be able to prayer switch to get the new cape. Although there may be a guide somewhere that proves me wrong :P
Image Image