How to be an Abusive Dictator

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Rising0
Inactive
RSN: Rising0

How to be an Abusive Dictator

Post by Rising0 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:18 am

DISCLAIMER: You need to have done Throne of Miscellania and Royal Trouble to get anything out of this guide.

This is a simplified guide to the wonderful world of kingdom management. I won't be displaying any charts or explanations of the formula used in the minigame as there are other guides for this.

For starters, what you'll need.
  • Between 1m and 1.5m
...That is all. Now that you have that, go to Miscellania. Your first step is to boost your approval rating until it's maxed out. If you aren't already using your kingdom, your approval rating will most likely be 0%. Bringing your approval rating up to 100% can be time consuming, but after you've got it up there maintaining it is nothing. I usually harpoon fish, as barbarian training means you don't have to bring any tools with you.

After you've done that, do the next obvious thing and take your 100% approval rating and your money to Adviser Ghrim. I suggest a setup like the following:

Most of your profit is going to come from nests, which is why Wood is at the maximum. When crushed, they sell for quite a nice price considering you're getting a fairly large number of them.

Every day, your approval rating will go down a little bit, and 75k will be subtracted from your coffers, assuming you have over 750k in there. For maximum profit, don't collect every day, as nests are generated based on the percentage of logs you get. If you collect every day, you won't get as many nests as you would if you collected twice a week.

After four days, this is what I collected:

Now, none of the rings sell for anything, but you can use them for other things. Also a lot of the lower level seeds don't sell, so I usually drop them. After selling everything at the Grand Exchange, I made 766,016gp. Considering 300k was subtracted from the coffers, I'm left with a profit of 466,016gp. Or, in other words...

A profit of >100k a day for doing nothing!

Kingdom Management is my kind of minigame: The kind with huge payout for no effort. Thank you for reading this guide, and enjoy your free money.

Zia
Inactive
RSN: Queen_zia

Re: How to be an Abusive Dictator

Post by Zia » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:33 am

So how often do you add money to the coffers?

9_red_monkey
Inactive
RSN: 9 red monkey

Post by 9_red_monkey » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:02 am

makes me wanna do the quest. I've been putting it off forever. :P

Rising0
Inactive
RSN: Rising0

Post by Rising0 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:34 am

Zia wrote:So how often do you add money to the coffers?
Well, it'll subtract 75,000g a day from the coffers. It's worth noting that it will make this subtraction and add to the resources collected exactly 24 hours from the time you first put money into the coffers, so you'll know what time of day to collect and put money in there.

I'd suggest putting money back into the coffers every time you collect from it, which should be once every two days at the most for reasons I already mentioned. Personally, I usually wait about three or four days. Keep in mind how much money you need to bring before going there.

1 day - 75k
2 days - 150k
3 days - 225k
4 days - 300k
5 days - 375k

And so on.
9_red_monkey wrote:makes me wanna do the quest. I've been putting it off forever. :P
If you make use of the minigame, I'd say it makes these quests more rewarding than Desert Treasure or Recipe for Disaster.

jdo87
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Jdo87

Post by jdo87 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:26 pm

nice breakdown.

what i like to do is max out maples and put the rest in herbs

selling the maples and about half the nests covers the cost completely so i am left with quite a bit of herbs and seeds to train with

4815th person to 99 Hunter
Quest Point cape earned 5/6/2009, regained 9/11/2020

9_red_monkey
Inactive
RSN: 9 red monkey

Post by 9_red_monkey » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:49 pm

I did it. Now I'm gonna do Royal Trouble. ;)

RedFalling
RSN: Redfalling

Post by RedFalling » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:06 pm

from what i have found doing this for some time now, is that max on maples, then the rest on whatever you want to use really. the maples you get per day will almost always make up for that 75k they take from you. everything else from there is profit. Be it birds nests, flax, coal...whatever.
I personally used this method to raise cooking long ago, mainly because i hate fishing and this was a easy way to obtain raw resources for that.
[color=#BF0000]A member of KoA since:[/color] [color=#FF0000]A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...[/color]

[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/log/dragon/male/ ... alling.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Redfalling][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/water/7_ ... alling.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu26 ... Oly3rd.gif[/img]