Did you know .....

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Re: Did you know .....

Post by Ewsentinel » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Actually Chris, that's RS standard functionality for all scroll bars in-game. In Window's, if you click on the scroll bar it pages down one. In RS, if you click on the scroll bar it goes to where you clicked on the scroll bar. That always threw me off when I first started playing RS.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:07 am

There's a new teleport switch in Edgeville in the ruins south of the bank. When you pull the lever, you are teleported to the high Wildy teleport switch. It's the same teleport switch location you arrive at from the Ardy teleport switch. However, once you teleport from Edgevillle to the high Wildy, the teleport switch there will only take you to Ardy and not back to Edgeville.

Consider this a free trip from Edgeville to Ardougne...via the Wilderness. However, be on the alert for revs...you may want to wear a forinthry bracelet to protect against teleblocking.
morituri te salutant

RhondaLGilly
RSN: TheTrueGilly

Post by RhondaLGilly » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:36 am

Didnt want to be left out of the "Did you know". So here's my did you know.

The leprechauns will note all items except for logs, and the draynor lep wont note cabages even if you frow them.
The farmers at the plots will take noted items as payments.
When doing Vinesweeper all you have to do is be close to where a flag is being checked to get points.
When doing Vinesweeper the more numbers you have around a flag the more points you get.

Geve
Inactive
RSN: Geve0

Post by Geve » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:15 pm

Did you know...

That in the Canifis slayer tower, in the bloodvelds room....
There is a corpse at the eastern most side, examine it! Then go do the same to the corpse in the south most side!

Post answers here!

;) Made me laugh!

kodirodio
Inactive
RSN: Kodirodio

Post by kodirodio » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:29 pm

It's not Karamja 3 gloves that lets you into Brim agility arena free. It's completing the "Rocking Out" quest. K3 gloves give you a 10% increase when you turn your tickets in.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:36 pm

One quick way to access the Fairy Ring network is to rub the Ring of Slaying and choose "Rellekka Slayer Caves". You will teleport near to the entrance of the slayer caves and right next to a fairy ring.
morituri te salutant

MaraJaden

Post by MaraJaden » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:34 pm

When hunting Pawya in elfland bring a fruitbat and loads of fruitfall scrolls. The fruitbat generates Papaya nearly everytime (this is what you need to bait the traps).

kodirodio
Inactive
RSN: Kodirodio

Post by kodirodio » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:49 pm

Rionasta in Tai Bwo Wannai village will bank things for 10 trading sticks. He is wandering around just north of the western quest symbol.

Geve
Inactive
RSN: Geve0

Post by Geve » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:01 pm

Did you know....

As part of the rewards from Rogue Den's Maze, you can get a "Rogue Kit".
This is a stackable item in your inventory, which you can right click, and you get the option to 'build it'.

You will be given the choices of : Spade, chisel, rope or tinderbox, per kit.
This is extremely handy for quests etc, that require 2 or more of these tools, as they only take up 1 space to carry.

Used along with tele tabs, you will have even more space to play with :)

Kaejer
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Kaejer

Post by Kaejer » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:40 pm

Did you know...

If you click on the compass next to the mini map it aligns your camera to face north and be low to the ground?

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:21 pm

Did you know...

When training prayer on a gilded alter, if you choose to "offer x" and put in a number greater than the number of bones you and your BoB are carrying (I usually hit 55) then all you have to do is press the "take BoB items" (I set it up so that is the option when I click on the summoning icon) and you'll keep offering until all the bones are gone.

In other words, you only have to offer bones to the altar once per trip.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:33 pm

Neltak wrote:Did you know...

When training prayer on a gilded alter, if you choose to "offer x" and put in a number greater than the number of bones you and your BoB are carrying (I usually hit 55) then all you have to do is press the "take BoB items" (I set it up so that is the option when I click on the summoning icon) and you'll keep offering until all the bones are gone.

Oh, NOW you tell me! lol :P

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Post by Tamal » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:13 pm

Neltak wrote:When training prayer on a gilded alter, if you choose to "offer x" and put in a number greater than the number of bones you and your BoB are carrying (I usually hit 55) then all you have to do is press the "take BoB items" (I set it up so that is the option when I click on the summoning icon) and you'll keep offering until all the bones are gone.
I used this technique extensively from 76 to 90 prayer… it is the way to go. I suspect that you could use this in conjunction with a Pak Yak and be able to offer all bones before the incense burns out.

axie
Inactive
RSN: triste

Post by axie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:46 am

Neltak wrote:Did you know...

awesome tip! thanks!

Darkstar
RSN: Darkstar God

Share your Runescape 'hacks'

Post by Darkstar » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:03 pm

By hack I don't mean an illegal hack, I just mean those little tips/tricks that you use to help save time. It doesn't matter how obvious it seems to you, I guarantee that somebody else won't have discovered it before!

Share those little techniques/tips/time-savers in this thread!

I'll start: If you're drop-training a skill, if you start from the top row and go down, when you right click the item, move down to the drop option your mouse is already over the next time so you can just right click again and move down. Makes drop-training much faster. Takes me around 5-10 seconds to drop a full inventory. If you get good at it you can roll your buttons (press left click then almost immediately after press right click) at the same time as you drag down your inventory dropping as you go. Very fast.

If you struggle with accuracy, don't forget you can use the Magnifier on Windows (located in start menu -> Accessories -> Accessibility or Start menu -> Accessories -> Ease of Access)

Or if you are on a Apple Mac then you can hold CTRL and scroll with your mouse (or slide up with two fingers on your trackpad).