Did you know .....

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Hackymaster
RSN: Hackymaster

Re: Share your Runescape 'hacks'

Post by Hackymaster » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Thanks for the slayer ring tip concerning the fairy ring.

Dungeoneering Tip: *The higher your Runecrafting level the better this will work*
You can buy pure essence from the Smuggler, craft the essence into air runes, and then sell the air runes to the Smuggler for a profit. This works best when in a group, as one person can do this method in order to buy supplies for the boss fight while the other(s) search the dungeon for the boss.

When I Runecraft, I use a Spirit Terrorbird to restore my energy for faster runs. If you use the "Select left-click option" on the Summoning toolbar and select "Special move" then, while banking, you can withdraw a Tireless Run scroll then left click on the Summoning toolbar and it will cast the scroll without you needing to close the bank. This shaves off a few seconds for those who are concerned with speed.

If you're ever selling a large amount of an item to a store you can place the item in the bottom row of your inventory and when you right click your cursor will already be at the highest amount. Then you can simply spam right/left click to quickly sell the items.

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:09 pm

1) Shortest route to get to a spirit tree is using duel ring to teleport to 'mobilizing armies'

- This can be used to get to a evil tree
- Tele to GE in varrock
- Tele to gnome stronghold, which has a summoning obelisk right next to tree
- Gnome stronghold tree also has a balloon right next to it, which can be used to tele to entrana/taverley/sawmill

2) If you have 78 farming, you can use giant ent as familiar while farming

- Giant ent gives extra fruits when you harvest (9 papayas per tree as opposed to 6 )
- Extra berries (6-8 as opposed to 4 per shrub)
- Extra cacti (4-6 as opposed to 3)
- 2 night shades as opposed to 1 (not always, but most of the time)

3) I pick up the sand right after I finish my fruit tree run. That way I can check if 24 hours are up, to start another fruit run (by clicking on 'hand in the sand' under quest list).

4) I always have a magpie familiar following me while I am not in GE. 30-70k profit for every 35 mins.

5) You can enchant more that one elf crystal at a time in lleyta (without speaking multiple times); Just remember to take sufficient cash.

6) If you don't have a digsite pendent; tele to duel arena, run west to use gnome glider to digsite. (Fastest way to switch to curses)

7) all mage shops sell earth, water and death runes at cheaper price than GE. You can buy 1k water, earth and death runes (in 24 hours) in Yanille mage shop while you are there.

Mabelrose2
Inactive
RSN: Mabelrose2

Post by Mabelrose2 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:39 am

a few came up tonight in mumble dicussion tonight

did ya know, if you are talking to someone via PM in game, you can hit "TAB" instead of finding
their name on the list.. and it will bring up the Private Message box for the last person who PM'd you!
---------------
Did you know you can buy BOXES of eyes of newts and Water filled vials in various stores daily?

Taverly, entrana, Port Sarim, and south of Castlewars for eye of newt

Best is Shilo Village and West Ardy for water filled vials but also other stores..

--------------

Did ya know you can click on the players name when entering their POH if you just left their house? sort of like the last clan chat you entered...

-----------------
Farmers need super compost? Crafters need seaweed? Stop at the docks at Catherby, talk to the trader (dont trade) and he'll sell you 40 pineapples and 80 seaweed every day for 2gp each.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:51 am

Once you have access to the Thieves' Guild (following completion of Buyers and Cellars quest), on a weekly basis you can obtain and then turn in "hanky points" that can be exchanged for thieving xp.
morituri te salutant

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:15 am

After Summer's End quest, you can sell unenchanted jewellery to the rogue, south of Varrock east bank, for low alchemy price. Your jewelery can be noted.

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:39 pm

If you stand with your back to the wall or any structure while slaying ice strykewyrms they do not burrow.
Image Image

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:02 pm

ooberman wrote:If you stand with your back to the wall or any structure while slaying ice strykewyrms they do not burrow.
This principle also applies to jungle and desert strykeworms. Rocks, trees, and bushes serve a similar purpose.
morituri te salutant

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:04 pm

When standing in a bank doing nothing for hours on end, pick up the buckets and fishing bait people drop and one day you'll be rich like me.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Frobozz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Frobozz

Post by Frobozz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:57 am

It's probably common knowledge by now that you can high alc charms for good money in Daemonhiem. But I've found that you can get significantly more gold if you make the charms into pouches before you alc them. This gives you some summoning exp too. I usually save a few fish to make them into skinweaver pouches. Or if you have a few extra torn bags, you can use those too.
Frobozz the Wizard
Because you have to burn. In order to shine.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Agreed. Hi alching summoning pouches appears to be the best moneymaker in dung.
morituri te salutant

Muto
Inactive
RSN: Mr Muto

Post by Muto » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:36 am

Theres a guy that's in Nardah and he does the opposite of Decanting, and turns your potions from 4-dose into 3 dose. I do believe it's for the price extra vials.

KevinsLunchbox
Inactive
RSN: Kevins a God

Post by KevinsLunchbox » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:01 pm

I take new players out into the wilderness and then watch as a clan takes em out and I get half the drop then I private message them over and over "No scoped roflroflroflrofl!!!!!!1"

Oh wait not illegal hacks....umm

In areas of monster heavily populated I cast a magic spell on a monster to get it before anyone else and laugh.
When i play fist of guthix I go to f2p worlds cause its easier.
I'm not sure if this works or not but whenever i mine i click on the rock, count to three, then click on it again and I normally get the ore like that instantly.
If you lag, sometimes it helps to log out and log back in and its fixed.
When searching for penguins i turn on my sounds to hear it because sometimes you'll hear it before seeing it.
When you see a bot, tele-other it :)

Pa7uL
Inactive
RSN: Lord Pa7ul

Post by Pa7uL » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:25 pm

that bot idea sounds pretty cool i'll have to try it.

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:28 pm

KevinsLunchbox wrote: When you see a bot, tele-other it :)
How does that work with the confirmation screen the other (bot) person has to click in order to actually be teleported?

9_red_monkey
Inactive
RSN: 9 red monkey

Post by 9_red_monkey » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:45 am

Make sure you are in a world with fewer than 1000 people and you will get more points from Tears of Guthix.

When there are more than 1000 people in a world, many things in Runescape go faster. When you kill a monster, it regenerates faster. Ores also come back faster, (including runite). Trees grow back faster after you have chopped them down. I guess the idea is that there are more people out there competing for resources, so they need to provide them quicker.

For Tears, it changes faster too. So on average it will go from blue to green quicker, and you will spend more time walking to another blue spot in a busy world. I think this is an oversight on the part of the programmers when it comes to Tears. The logic just doesn't make sense for this activity. But now you know. Go to a low-population world.

On the weekends, it's hard to find a world with fewer than 1000 people, so I suggest using a quick chat world (e.g. World 160) because not many people like not being able to chat. Therefore its population is usually low.