Did you know .....

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

beefeater555
RSN: UNCLE LER0Y

Re: Did you know .....

Post by beefeater555 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:58 am

If you get poisoned and you have anti-poison in your invo or the runes for lunar magic poison cure on you, all you have to do is click on your heart by the hp counter (which will have green around it) and you will auotmatically drink the anti-poison or cast the spell instantly and without breaking combat or stopping what you are doing. This works inside and out of dungeons too. Its kind of like turning off and on quick prayer.

Diplomatt
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:06 am

Nice one Beef!

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Did you know...

In dungeoneering you can change ring classes while in combat. All you have to do is click the "quickswitch" option as the killing blow lands on a monster and there you go, you have a different ring for the rest of the monsters in the room.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Dave wrote:Did you know...

In dungeoneering you can change ring classes while in combat. All you have to do is click the "quickswitch" option as the killing blow lands on a monster and there you go, you have a different ring for the rest of the monsters in the room.
Thanks, Dave. Didn't know about the death blow. Tried quickswitching previously and unsuccessfully during fights.
morituri te salutant

Kevinsaurus
RSN: Kevinsaurus

Post by Kevinsaurus » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Oh neato Dave, that'll come in handy for me for sure lol. Always hated being stuck in gatherer's and not being able to switch back to berserker until the gd was done haha.
[center][url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Kevinsaurus][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/t5lejie/ ... saurus.png[/img][/url]
[sig]2012_08_magic2.png[/sig][/center]

Rissa
RSN: Rissa

Post by Rissa » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Someone mentioned this earlier but I thought I'd be more elaborate:

Did you know... magic shops sell death, earth, and air runes for significantly under G.E. prices. A quick way to visit three shops: Use the lever in edgeville/ardy to teleport to wilderness, run to mage bank and buy 1k earth, 1k air and 300 death runes. Teleport to yanille (you could pick up your sand from Bert while you're here), go to the magic guild and by 1k earth, 1k air and 1k death runes on the second floor (1st floor everywhere but US) from the magic shop. Next, teleport to edgeville and run to the zamorak mage in low level wilderness to buy more air, earth, and death runes. In all you'll spend about 550k gp. However, you'll profit close to 200k depending on market value. If you do this every day, spending only about 2 minutes a day, the profits start to add up!

Did you know ... setting your workers in kingdom to hard wood (maples) will earn you a good number of birds nests along side the logs. This is how I got all of my god bird eggs and most of my seeds for farming.

Did you know... with the appropriate farming level, you can grow a spirit tree in Brimhaven. This can significantly cut down on banking times while in the Brim dungeon as well as fruit tree farming runs.

Rissa
RSN: Rissa

Post by Rissa » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:08 pm

Did you know ... after the quest "A Love Story" you can use a chisel on House teleport tabs so that they will take you to any one of the house teleports. Your options are: Rimmington, Taverly, Pollnivneach, Rellekka, Brimhaven, Yanille, Trollheim.

A lot of these are very useful! Taverly for the dungeon, Pollnivneach for the slayer dungeon, Rellekka for getting to the islands, Brimhaven for the dungeon, and Trollheim for getting to your farming patch while on Lunars and not having teleport to trollheim unlocked.

For the trollheim teleport : "To make this item, you must have completed Love Story, and taken a Miner's diary to the Wise old man in Draynor. The diary can be obtained by speaking to Runvastr in East Keldagrim. Unlike the Teleport to Trollheim spell, this item does NOT require the completion of Eadgar's Ruse to use." - Rune Wiki

Tristabella
RSN: Tristabella

Post by Tristabella » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:54 am

Did you know of this quick way to train summoning?

Go to Taverley bank and withdraw:
- all of your green charms
- all of your shards
- all of your pouches
- then withdraw all of your unicorn horns NOTED
- *make sure you have money in your pouch to buy more shards or pouches if needed and items back*

Proceed to the Taverley obelisk (marked as summoning tutor on the map). Trade Magestix 20 of the noted unicorn horns and then quickly buy them back, they'll now be un-noted. Make those 20 unicorn pouches, then convert those pouches into scrolls. I do 20 at a time as it's easier to sell and buy back the seconds in this number = 2 x 10. Continue on like this. This a great way to train summoning if you don't want to continually run back and forth.

I've used unicorns as my example but really you can train making absolutely any familiar. I've only trialed the unicorns and yaks (mainly because I use a lot of both of their scrolls), so if this doesn't work for other things i'd appreciate anyone recording that on here.

**NOTE** It does cost you money to do this- Magestix buys 20 yak hides for 300gp and it costs you 1000gp to buy them back, he buys 20 unicorn horns for 120gp and it costs you 400gp to buy them back.

WolvinGod
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Wolvin God

Post by WolvinGod » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:34 am

Zammy god wars boss and minions count as Greater Demons for slayer.

Bandos god wars boss and minions count as Goblins for slayer.

Secesh
Inactive
RSN: Secesh

Post by Secesh » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:12 pm

The low level trolls in the cave north of burthorpe count for slayer, of course, the slayer xp is lower as well, but if you want to burn through the troll task fast, you can do it this way.

Manual Labor
RSN: Manual Labor

Post by Manual Labor » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:14 pm

-If you have the +exp scrolling notice on, you can 'hammer' master farmers. - Just click him again as soon as you see the exp message scroll up, no need to wait for animation to finish.

-You can buy a rune pack from wizard whatshisface just inside teh span to give you enough runes for ports to get to your fav spot.
[center]Light a man a fire, you warm him for a day. Light a man [u]on[/u] fire, you warm him for life.[/center]

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Post by Imp334 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Although Jagex has been slowly removing this along with their graphical reworks, some barrels give free beer refills when you use a beer glass on them.
Graphically the barrels have taps on them. The ones with no examine option are the ones that used to do this but were removed, if it has the examine something like 'It's got Ale in it' it should work. I believe the island side of karamja and brimhaven docks still have barrels that work with this.
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape

Diplomatt
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Imp334 wrote:Although Jagex has been slowly removing this along with their graphical reworks, some barrels give free beer refills when you use a beer glass on them.
Graphically the barrels have taps on them. The ones with no examine option are the ones that used to do this but were removed, if it has the examine something like 'It's got Ale in it' it should work. I believe the island side of karamja and brimhaven docks still have barrels that work with this.

Free Beer..always a good one!!!!

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Manual Labor wrote:-If you have the +exp scrolling notice on, you can 'hammer' master farmers. - Just click him again as soon as you see the exp message scroll up, no need to wait for animation to finish.
That can also be used to speed up theiving exp at monkey knife fighters. (It was also viable before the "exp showing update", you just had to know/figure out the timing instead of seeing it)
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Kevinsaurus
RSN: Kevinsaurus

Post by Kevinsaurus » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:14 pm

That if you constantly sold floors and sold your RS gold for real life cash, you could almost make enough money for minimum wage. Not that anybody should do this (don't), just interesting =P
[center][url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Kevinsaurus][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/t5lejie/ ... saurus.png[/img][/url]
[sig]2012_08_magic2.png[/sig][/center]