Did you know .....

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Did you know .....

Post by Hid » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:31 am

I think a topic like this can be helpful for little tips, who are not worth a guide. I hope you all post your tips here too.

Did you know.....

- you get a super restore potion (4) when you give Dr. Jekyll a cadantine herb (Edit: Dr. Jekyll discontinued by Jagex)
- stars always land next to a mining place
- there is a place where you always get a tree spirit when you cut a tree, the eternal forest, which you can only reach with the fairy ring code BKQ
- you can bug people trying to steal your hunting spot with planting mithril seeds on their trap spots (Edit: According to Runewiki, players are unable to plant the seeds in hunting areas now.)
- you can bug people trying to steal your hunting spot by scaring the chins away with a failed range shot

Just a few examples. Post away :)
KoA achievements

damnimmart
Inactive

Re: Did you know .....

Post by damnimmart » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:43 am

- you run when holding the 'ctrl' button while moving (didn't knew this for a long time).
- after the 'spirit of summer' quest you can go to an alternative axe hut in the deep wilderness. ghost warriors (without axes) dwell here and are great training with a salve ammy. good drops as well.
- you can't get randoms in a player owned house.
- The ring of charos reduces the cost of shipping your gold ore in the keldagrim mines.
- cracking the safes in the rogues den gives way better loot (gp+gems) then gemstalls.

(not really tips but hey :P )
- prison pete is the opposite of party pete, including his prison vs. the party room. both halls are the same and have balloons.
- when you use a herring on a tree you get the message:"this is not the mightiest tree in the forest."

digimac
Inactive

Post by digimac » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:58 am

Hmmm Immart, I seem to get randoms when in a player house :( Are you positive about that one?

Nifty
Inactive

Post by Nifty » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:33 pm

I get randoms in my POH too. I haven't gotten any at the GWD while fighting Aviansies tho.

damnimmart
Inactive

Post by damnimmart » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:56 pm

I've never had randoms in my house, neither have the people that trained prayer or alched in my house.
I keep track of this because when I host my gilded altar I also kind of guarantee people they won't be bothered by randoms. till now I've never needed to apologize to people for this claim. and there have been quite an amount of alchers in my house.
next to that I've done a decent amount of alching in player owned houses myself without ever getting a random.

It could be that you can have randoms in building mode, but I'm not sure about that.

digimac
Inactive

Post by digimac » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:38 pm

Maybe its building mode. Eithor way - I'm gonna head over to your house to alch :P

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:38 pm

Wearing/equipping certain items changes the "interact" conversation with your familiar.
I have only stumbled across a couple and don't quite remember the exact conversations but:
Wear Guthan's Helm and speak to a Minotaur
Wield the Keris and speak to your spirit kalphite (I lol'd with this one)

kthejoker20
Inactive

Post by kthejoker20 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Did you know you can lure flax macro'ers to the bat mining area and get them killed?

Wear full green mage. Then go to the flax field and stand at the south west outside fence.

Wait for lvl 3 macros to come walking by.

Then after they walk next to you... you can start luring them away to death. Only walk 2 squares and then give the macro a minute to catch up.

Funny as hell.

Joseluis
Inactive
RSN: Joseluis1

Post by Joseluis » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:07 pm

- stars always land next to a mining place
i've had a star crash next to me in bh bank, and at canifs;p

9_red_monkey
Inactive
RSN: 9 red monkey

Post by 9_red_monkey » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:13 pm

- If two people are fighting on the same monster for slayer You will get 50% experience if you do the most hit, and you will get 50% experience if you do the last hit. If you hit most, and did the last hit, you will get 100%, if you didn't hit last, nor hit most, you won't get any XP at all.

- Strange fruit heals poison

Just a random fact: All Jagex Mods can change the stats of their own accounts; thus the reason they don't appear in the highscores

- One of the people in the tavern in Varrock knows that Runescape is a computer game.

beefeater555
RSN: UNCLE LER0Y

Post by beefeater555 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:44 am

If you have your beaver with you woodcutting and you do the beaver's special move on the tree your cutting and you cut it down to a stump before the beaver's special move is over, your beaver can still get logs off of the stump. :-?

Harold King
Inactive
RSN: harold king

Post by Harold King » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:44 pm

9_red_monkey wrote:Just a random fact: All Jagex Mods can change the stats of their own accounts; thus the reason they don't appear in the highscores
Then did you know about ::bank and other "::" commands?
Obviously they are only for JaGex Mods, but it's nice to counter the people who stubbornly keep saying that "RuneScape has no cheat codes", you just can't use them that's all
You can get surprisingly far with packet crafters.. but if they catch you doing that.. well you'll probably be IP-banned for life.. (so don't even try)

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:52 pm

Harold King wrote:
9_red_monkey wrote:Just a random fact: All Jagex Mods can change the stats of their own accounts; thus the reason they don't appear in the highscores
Then did you know about ::bank and other "::" commands?
Obviously they are only for JaGex Mods, but it's nice to counter the people who stubbornly keep saying that "RuneScape has no cheat codes", you just can't use them that's all
You can get surprisingly far with packet crafters.. but if they catch you doing that.. well you'll probably be IP-banned for life.. (so don't even try)
What does ::bank do for the mods, and what are some of the other codes? I had never heard of them.

Harold King
Inactive
RSN: harold king

Post by Harold King » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:11 am

::bank instantly opens a bank interface, anywhere, so they can always bank (how fast could you train runecrafting this way? :lol: )
::teleport teleports them for free to Any location they want to go to (even that small inaccessible island in the river Lum)
and there are codes to generate items and modify stats etc but I'm not an expert in runescape cheatcodes :-(

QueenMaedh
RSN: Queen Maedh

Post by QueenMaedh » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Borks Ork Legion drop 100% charms the little blighters. Slap a few while you are there to get a few extra!