Did you know .....

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

GrandmasterH
RSN: GrandMasterH

Re: Did you know .....

Post by GrandmasterH » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:52 am

since avidr told me to.. imma do this before i forget lol~

did you know:
scroll of life can be used to get you some extra seeds in a different way it was intended for?
example: if your too lazy to do runs over and over to watch over your expansive herbs.
instead plant some of the junky ones such as guam and marrentill, leave them and check back later
scroll of life has a 10% of letting u get back a seed even if the plant is dead. (with herbs it gives random seed)
so theres a chance u get back ur silly guam seed, or u might get something better.
I've planted guams and gotten cadantine, ranarr, and other seeds back :)
or sometimes i get my silly guam back :(
and it also has a 5% chance of letting you get ur tree seeds back(if you get a magic tree seed back it'd make you a happy person)

Gembag can be used in other ways besides while ur mining, it saves u a few spots if u get gems instead.
for example use it when ur on a slayer task thats known to drops alot of gems. it'd save u alot of space and allows u to stay longer for your task.

hm.. thats it for now. ill post up more when i think of some more later

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:33 am

Thank you so much Grand :) The tips you provided in cc were very much appreciated by many, and thank you for your kindness and posting them here too !

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Sacred clay mage equipment stats are equal to Mystic robes and Mystic staff. For about 108 points in total this is the cheapest mage armor with decent mage stats. Even if the armor degrades the stats stay the same; that means get once and use several times.

For very slow slayer tasks it is faster to get combat xp wearing one of sc armor pieces (taking into consideration time to get sc points vs double xp)

From wiki:
Wielding negative bonus in magic and sacred clay hat you can yield up to 180k xp an hour using Stun.
It is a common method to train range with just the Sacred Clay coif in combination with red chinchompas, in order to gain massive amounts of experience in a short amount of time.

d3m0
RSN: D3m0n1cus

Post by d3m0 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:02 am

If you get a random event at the same time your filling your ectophial, you will end up with an empty ectophial when your finished with the event. You then have to manually refill the vial at the fountain.

Its happened to me twice while training prayer

Diplomatt
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:25 pm

If you are fighting fire giants under the waterfall, and they become non aggressive, jump down stairs in the 'mysterious entrance' (must have 35 dunn), jump back up and they are aggressive straight away! I do not condone afking by the way!

Skimlet
Inactive
RSN: Skimmeh o_0

Post by Skimlet » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:13 am

HI! Post 1 to stay in clan....

James Muninn
Inactive
RSN: Exp Waste-KoA Soul

Post by James Muninn » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:54 am

Quick prayers, right click the prayer button below where it shows your health, select quick prayer, click the ones you want on and a check will appear, then all you have to do is press the prayer button and it will automatically turn those prayers on.

Really helpful for prayer "Flashing" tasks when you're out of prayer pots and low on points. Figured everyone knew this though :X

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:23 pm

James Muninn wrote:Quick prayers, right click the prayer button below where it shows your health, select quick prayer, click the ones you want on and a check will appear, then all you have to do is press the prayer button and it will automatically turn those prayers on.

Really helpful for prayer "Flashing" tasks when you're out of prayer pots and low on points. Figured everyone knew this though :X
An addition to this: The quick prayer button has a slight delay upon pressing. It takes a little longer for the prayer to go up as opposed to pressing the individual prayer button in the prayer tab.

In other words, prayer flashing has a slightly different timing when flashing with quickprayers as opposed to flashing the individual prayer.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

pi_stoff
RSN: Pi Stoff

Little things that mean a lot

Post by pi_stoff » Fri May 13, 2011 6:24 pm

Watching the clan chat I noticed that a few people have discovered things that are quite small but can make a large impact on game play, I am a fairly high level player and there are still things that I learn every day that make life easier, some are mentioned in the Runescape updates but others not.

I thought it would be good to keep the little things listed here that make life easier for us that others may not be aware of, please add any you are aware of.

1/ left clicking your cannon will load it and start/keep it firing.
2/ The herblore guy in GE will decand 3 dose pots into 4 dose pots, normal pots may be noted but extreme and juju can not be noted. ( if I remember this month he will be able to decant to 2 dose as well, I will need to check)
3/ By interacting with the stranger plant it can boost a player's Farming level by +1 plus 4% of the players normal farming level
4/ you can now left click on corp beast to speed up the process of switching between eating and stabbing (Shortyp)
5/ you can pay farmers with noted items and you can use produce on a leprechaun to note them

I had loads that I can not think of at the moment, I will edit shortly.
Last edited by pi_stoff on Fri May 13, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kaejer
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Kaejer

Post by Kaejer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Did you know you can use the letter 'k' to multiply your typed in value by 1,000 or 'm' to multiply your typed value by 1,000,000?

For example if you type '100k' when withdrawing money from your bank account, it will withdraw 100,000 coins. '100m' would withdraw 100,000,000 coins.

Diplomatt
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Did you know:

That the Hid who started this topic isn't the Hid we know! He has changed his name to Michel Hid and someone else has taken his original name so.........no, he hasn't been rolled back!

Satrianisaxe
RSN: Satrianisaxe

Post by Satrianisaxe » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Cheeky wee tip you all may be aware of but using Frem 3 boots allows you to sell ur flatpacks to Grim in Miscellania Kingdon. The cash is put in your coffers. Can make profit (all be it not much) by buying flatpack stuff that buys on ge for minimum amount (1gp for oak tables, carved oak tables), and selling in Kingdom (112gp for oak tables and 164gp for carved oak tables). These two examples are just the ones I know - will experiment and see what gives best profit. The items can't be noted unfortunately but I use Ring of Wealth Miscellania Teleport and then Edgeville Glory Teleport to nip back and forward. 4.5k profit for an invent full of carved oak tables not to be sneezed at.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Drakan's medallion (from The Branches of Darkmeyer quest) has 10 teleport charges. However, teleports within Morytania don't use up the charges. Therefore, when teleporting to a Morytania location. one option is to use the ectophial to get to Morytania (ectofuntus) first and then use Drakan's medallion to teleport to your final Morytania destination (Burgh de Rott, Meiyerditch, Darkmeyer).

If you do use up the charges, the medallion can be recharged by dipping it into the pool in the cave (where the medallion was originally found) south of the Burgh de Rott bank
morituri te salutant

Britta
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Britta

Post by Britta » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:23 am

the smithing ring from the Citadel stacks with the goldsmith gaunlets

quinoa mama
RSN: Quinoa Mama

Post by quinoa mama » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm glad this thread was revived. I read the whole thing and learned some useful new tips.