shortd00d's Solo Bandos Guide

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

shortd00d
RSN: D X C

shortd00d's Solo Bandos Guide

Post by shortd00d » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:47 am

Shortd00d's Guide to soloing bandos melee

Introduction
well hello my name is shortd00d,DxC or Drew i was browsing threw a few forums and realised there isnt a good guide on how to solo bandos since so much has changed. and please dont hate this is my first guide

so with further ado this is my guide, we all know bandos is one of the easiest godwars bosses to solo. but some people may ask what gear do i take what should my inventory look like. in this guide i will explain these all of it. well most of it. since im only 70 summoning ill be showing the method i use with war tort. it can changed with ease for higher BoB(beast of burden) by adding a another ppot and more food
ok lets start.

================================

Gear and Requirements

Requirements
bandos has one of the easiest requirements and that is
  • 70 Strength
  • A Hammer
Recommended Stats
-80+ Attack & Strength
-70+ Defence (Barrows/Bandos is a MUST!)
-85+ Hp (Graardor maxes 35 with Ranged, and his minions 20. Always stay above 60 hp.)
-80+ range to be able to wear karils top or black d hide body
-70+ Magic
-60+ Prayer 70+ Recommended
-Access to Trollheim teleport*
-Decent equipment

Gear

Helmet: Neitiznot > Verac's > Torag's/Dharok's
Amulet:> Fury > Glory > Unholy Symbol
Chest: Bandos Chestplate > Karil's > God/Black D'hide
Legs: Bandos Tassets > Verac's > Torag's/Dharok's
Boots: Bandos Boots > Dragon boots > Rune boots > Climbing boots
Ring: Wealth > Life > Zerker
Weapon:Saradomin Godsword- Bandos Godsword - Armadyl Godsword - Zamorak Godsword -Whip
Shield: ESS > DSS > Dragonfire > SSS > Obsidian >Granite
Cape: Fire Cape > God Cape (mage arena) > God Cloak (Treasure Trail) > Skill cape (t) > Skill Cape > Obsidian > Legends
Gloves: Barrows > Dragon > Rune > Black/God D'hide
Spec Weapon: Dragon Claws > Dragon Halberd > Dragon Dagger (p++)
Arrow Slot: Saradomin Arrow( if using sgs can switch this for zamorak arrow

Inventory

1x Saradomin brew
1x Extreme Str pot or Super Str pot
1x Extreme Att pot or Super Att pot
1x Super Restore potion
2x Prayer potions
3x Home teleport tab
1x Zamorak Top
1x hammer
4x law runes
4x fire runes
Rest food( sharks or better) i prefur rocktail.

in this set-up summon up your beast of burden(yak, War tort, or Spirit Terrorbird) and fill it with food

How To Get There

Once you Teleport to trollheim drop 2 of your food
then use your house telleport or another form or to get back to a bank grab 2 more food
Then Teleport back up to Trollheim and Grab The other 2 Food you dropped earlier.

now to make your Way to the Godwars Dungeon.
Follow the Red line all the way till you Get to the green line, once you get to the green line you will see 4 or 5 ogre rangers so protect from range while you run past them) they can hit quite high, once your back in the red you can take your prayer off.
you will arrive at a massive boulder just lift it and sqeeze through.

now if you want you can put on the zamorak robe top in you inventory on before you enter the dungeon so at least 3 of the 4 gods will be unaggressive if wielded ags all 4 will be unagressive.

now for getting Kill Count there are 3 good places to get kc 4 if wielding ags.
the blue area is good if you have a bandos,zamorak, and sara item. < kill goblins and hobgoblins
red area is good if you have all 4 god items(zamorak,Armadyl,bandos, and Saradomin items) <kill goblins
green area <decent only good if you dont have a zamorak item) <i rarely use because i always have a zamorak item

Strategy
run back and forth between the top blue and red area for super fast kc killing nothing but goblins.

Killing General Graardor and his minions

Once you have gotten you 40 Kc you want to use your Hammer on the big door.

now if your on an open world get to the front door and pot up in order
Saradomin brew(for extra starting hp and Def)
Super Restore (to fix all your stats)
Extreme str and att or super str and attack
then Turn on your prayers
for basic prayer turn on
piety.chivarly , protect item and protect from melle

if on curses
Or if you are on Ancient Curses;
~Deflect melee
~Protect Item
~Berserker (If not using overload)
~Leech Attack/Defence (both recomended)
or
~Turmoil

now once inside it gets a little tricky.
Graardor
now if your using Ags,or Bgs,claws use up all of your Special on General Graardor . if using sgs wait till your hp falls below 60 to 70 hp or your prayer is below 50. in hopes that it will heal you and restore some prayer points.
now make sure you keep your hp above 60. why cause Graardor can hit 35s with range and if his mage or range minion hit at the same time it can be an instant ko, = a loss of items.
now the only thing you need to Remeber is to make sure you reclick and attack Graardor after everytime you eat or pot up. as your auto retaliate is off.

now that general graardor is Dead you have 2 options.

Once Graardor is dead, pick up the drop, and either;
A)Stay and kill the 3 minions, starting with Steelwill (Magic), then Grimspike (Range) and lastly Strongstack (Melee).
Pray Protect (deflect) from Magic until Steelwill is history, then switch to Protect (deflect) from Ranged while you kill Grimspike and Melee afterward. I highly suggest leaving Protect (deflect) from melee on if you are staying for another kill.
If you have enough food for another kill, use the altar, then activate your boost and protect item prayers and get ready.

B) Teleport out to a safe spot, preferably your house (you don't lose any items on death there).

REWARDS

now you have your chance of getting once of those reallly good drops
and here they are
~Bandos Hilt (1/150)
~Bandos Chestplate (1/80)
~Bandos Tassets (1/70)

General Graardor

TOP DROPS
Godsword shard 1, Godsword shard 2, Godsword shard 3, Bandos hilt, Bandos boots, Bandos tassets, Bandos chestplate, Shield left half, Dragon spear, Dragon med helm, Clue scroll (Level-3), Clue scroll (level-4), Starved ancient effigy

Other Drops
Ourg bones (100%), Coins (19500-21000), noted Grimy snapdragon (3), Snapdragon seed, noted Adamantite ore (17-20), noted Coal (115-127), noted Silver ore (100), Nature Rune (50-70), Rune platebody, Rune pickaxe, Rune 2h sword, Rune longsword, Rune sword, Rune sq shield, Rune kiteshield, Rune spear, Rune battleaxe, Adamant javelin (15), Magic logs (15-33), Super restore potion (4), Eye Patch, Dragonstone, Uncut gems, Death rune (40), Blue charm, Crimson charm, Green charm, Gold charm, Steel arrow (145), Rune arrows (41-43), Shark, Law rune (40)

sergeant_strongstack

TOP DROPS
Godsword shard 1, Godsword shard 2, Godsword shard 3, Bandos tassets, Bandos chestplate, Bandos boots, Clue scroll (elite)

Other Drops
Cosmic runes (25-35), Steel arrows (100), Beer, Kebab, Combat potion (3), Super Strength (3), Steel dart (97-102), noted Limpwurt root (5), Chili potato (3), Shark (2), Nature runes (15-19), Eye patch

Sergeant Steelwill

TOP DROPS
Godsword shard 1, Godsword shard 2, Godsword shard 3, Bandos tassets, Bandos chestplate, Bandos boots, Clue scroll (elite)

Other Drops
Cosmic runes (25-35), Steel arrows (100), Beer, Kebab, Combat potion (3), Super Strength (3), Steel dart (97-102), noted Limpwurt root (5), Chili potato (3), Shark (2), Nature runes (15-19), Eye patch

Sergeant Grimspike

TOP DROPS

Other Drops

Frequently Asked Questions

Q.

A.

Q.

A

Credits

myself(shortd00d,DxC) - for writing the guide
Zybez - for information on monsters and drops.

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Re: shortd00d's Solo Bandos Guide

Post by Dave » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 am

Nice guide. :)

Here's a few questions/suggestions:

- If you are using bandos tassets or chestplate, are dragon boots better than bandos boots (due to strength bonus)?
- Is it better to bring a bandos chestplate instead of a karil's top? I find with the chestplate the mager really hits hard.
- Chaotics should be mentioned. With maxed stats and a shield Rapier = Longsword > Godswords > Whip. With maxed stats and a defender Rapier > Longsword > Whip > Godswords. With less than maxed stats Longsword > Rapier > Godswords > Whip
- I find using a bandos item and a zamorak item is sufficient protection. All I do is protect mage as I enter the dungeon, run north/northwest to the top blue rectangle, drop protect mage and attack the goblins, and run from this to the red rectangle (avainsies there hardly hit a person) and back for the killcount.
- (small mistake) - When talking about heading to GWD you mention the green and red line. I think you meant to say "green" where you said "red" and vica-versa.

On another note, I sure hope you beat Poison on Wed. Never liked them. :P
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Supra
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Tarmogoyf

Post by Supra » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:03 pm

For starters its a pretty good guide overall, but there are some things that could be changed that i find work better.
Helmet: Neitiznot >Verac's > Torag's/Dharok's
Amulet:> Fury > Glory > Unholy Symbol
Chest: Karil's > God/Black D'hide> Bandos chestplateThe reason i say this is in a solo you want the extra mage def as the mage does a good amount of damage, now if your in a ffa or some sort of team then ya can play around with this one.
Legs: Bandos Tassets > Verac's > Torag's/Dharok's
Boots: Dragon boots > Rune boots > Climbing boots> Bandos boots The added str bonus and cheaper cost in case of death be better then just couple more def bonus.
Ring: Wealth > Life > Zerker
Weapon:(Chaotic rapier/longsword> whip with shield/def)Bandos Godsword - Armadyl Godsword - Saradomin Godsword - Zamorak Godsword
Shield: DSS > ESS > Dragonfire > SSS > Obsidian >Granite divine is thee best shield in the game, completely overshadows elysian in every aspect.
Cape: Fire Cape > Soul wars cape> God Cape (mage arena) > God Cloak (Treasure Trail) > Skill cape (t) > Skill Cape > Obsidian > Legends id say that soul wars cape would be the second best choice to take as the prayer bonus be nice to have.
Gloves: Barrows > Dragon > Rune > Black/God D'hide
Spec Weapon: Dragon Claws > Dragon Halberd > Dragon Dagger (p++)
Arrow Slot: Zamorak arrow When gettin bandos kill count you really only need a bandos and zammy item.
Main account
Second account (Ironman)

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:14 pm

I have a question. What would an inventory look like if you used overload potions?
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:54 pm

Starwolf wrote:I have a question. What would an inventory look like if you used overload potions?
I'm not an expert and only know basic setups to start from for bossing then figure it out from there. Somebody else (Supra?) could probably give you a more accurate setup as mine here would most likely need a bit of fine tuning.

My start inventory would be as follows (rapier as weapon, shield equipped):

1 - Dragon claws
1 - Hammer
1 - Dragon Defender (for anticrash)
1 - Special Restore (for anticrash)
5 - Teletabs (idk why but I always bring more than one)
2 - Overload (4)
4:1 - Sara brews : Super restore ratio (Try to only sip potions between attacks so you don't miss out on a turn. Try to only sip once from brew every 15 seconds, if you have to more than that sip 2-3 times and a super restore after. Always try and time sips for 1-5 seconds before overload repots.)
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

shortd00d
RSN: D X C

Post by shortd00d » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:49 am

Starwolf wrote:I have a question. What would an inventory look like if you used overload potions?
never played around with overloads due to not being able to do make me yet so idk really so ill have to gather information on it, but yea i made this guide a while back and found it on my computer did a little updating but never really cared to fix the weapons and ill do it sooner or later.

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Mon May 02, 2011 11:29 pm

Wow ! Very nice guide :) If every I reach a decent combat level, I know where to look for an awesome guide !

Likatutu
RSN: Likatutu

Post by Likatutu » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:29 pm

did you get this from cor forums? hehe jk
Awesome guide drewbeeboobieboo