Grand's Daily/Farm Run all at once path (with pictures :D)

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

GrandmasterH
RSN: GrandMasterH

Grand's Daily/Farm Run all at once path (with pictures :D)

Post by GrandmasterH » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:29 am

before we start, a few pointers
* I DO NOT USE JUJU POTS FOR THE HERB PATCHES (cause i cant :cry: )
if you use juju potions you might have to mix mine and dr brad's http://www.koaclan.co.uk/forums/viewtopi ... =67&t=5846 method up so it works better
** something not that big of a deal but, i need to replant my brimhaven spirit tree in miscellenia so i can get an extra 700 farm exp a day from poison ivy bush i'll re-add it in later
*** some of the stuff in here requires you to wait 24 hours real time before you can do it again so keep that in mind (such as buckets of sand, seaweed, and others which is why this REALLY IS a DAILY'S run)
**** and lastly this is just a method that IM using to do my farm/daily runs all at once to save myself trouble, not everyone can use everything that i have here. but i hope this can be found useful to some of you.

Well now all that's aside lets begin~! :D

oh and i only plant 4 fruit trees, 4 trees (not going to lleyta, and i have a magic tree planted in gnome stronghold next to bank)
first thing first, items that i have with me
ImageImage

I'll be using spirit tree, fairy ring, ardy cape teleport the most during this run.
so we'll start at any convenient spirit tree ( for me its the one at GE, or draynor's spirit tree patch since i have one planted there too)
first stop: Tree Gnome Stronghold -> directly east of the spirit tree is fruit tree patch #1
spirit tree once more to :: Tree Gnome Village where you head out of the maze to our fruit tree patch #2
*remember that the leprechaun will note your fruits*

*do this next part only if you plant maple trees and you do NOT have the oranges. else skip it
Go directly north and take the glider, go down 2 floors in the Grand Tree and head East first to the Funch's Fine Groceries shop here you can buy yourself 10 oranges!
head west to bank if you need space and then north from the bank to Grand Tree Groceries shop here you can buy another 10 more oranges
(throw them into baskets if you have the baskets from bank with you and we're set.

Ardy cape teleport to Kandarin Monastery! (bush patch here: Poison Ivy bushes -> requires 70 farming : 120xp for planting, 674xp for health check, 45xp *4 for picking the berries = 974xp)

Head up north and east to the dock in ardougne and take the ship, you'll arrive in brimhaven southwest of you will be our fruit tree #3
do your farm stuff here, then east take the travel cart to shilo village and pick up 1010 vials of water from the general store. bank if you need to.

take the travel kart back to brimhaven and head down south to find Dell Monti who gives you some 40 free pineapples (if you ask nicely) ;)

*Next part is only if you need to plant Calquat tree which i do, if not skip this step too
run down south to the calquat patch and do your thing :p
now cast your trollheim teleport and we can do the herb patch that My Arm is keeping an eye out for us
*here you can follow Dr Brad's method for herb run if you use juju potions it could work out i cant promise anything since i dont got any juju pots but we'll just continue with my path for now *

ardy cape again after harvest/replanting .. you know farm stuff, head west of the Kandarin Monastery to the fairy ring we'll be heading to Miscellenia and NorthWest of Yanielle ( CIP, CIQ respectively ) mine ores/chop trees at Miscellenia you know you wanna stay popular!, and Yanielle to pick up some buckets of sand for FREE from Bert!

Since i have my house in Yanielle i just head in and use my Camerlot portal, if you dont have that.. *hands you some air runes and law* :P
in Camerlot head down southwest to the flax field and Geoffery has some free flax :x (only if you did seers tasks, amount depends on your task completed), head east to farm patches for herb patch (i do limpwurts during this run but sometimes i do stawberries too), south of the bank in Catherby out on the dock there's a general store there where you can buy 80 seaweed and 40 pineapples a day. do so and bank anything that you no longer need and head west to our last fruit tree.

after all that ardy cape to Kandarin Monastery one last time, head directly north and pass through the zoo to the general store, here you can buy yourself another 310 vials of water a day. head east, bank and prepare yourself to slay the vine monster for that extra (1500 farm/1500 slayer exp a day) if your too lazy which i usually am, just skip it and run northeast towards the market area, if you have a high enough thieving level feel free to "find" yourself a free gem at the gem stall while your passing by keep going northwest til you reach the mage's house and he has.. free pure essence a day for you! now circle around the east side and up to the farm patch or (ardy cape 3/4 has teleport to farm patch)

Ectophial yourself to the next allotment/herb/flower patch which is west of the ecto place. and explorer's ring cabbage port to our last allotment/herb/flower patch. (yes pretty new trees in this update)

Now cast Home teleport to lumbridge and the Cook has free food! (after completion of rfd) every 24 hours of course. head downstairs to the culinary chest, bank what you no longer need, and help yourself to really cheap goodies such as 300 chocolate bars, grapes(used to buy em now i just dont feel like it anymore lol, but i still buy the chocolate!) now prepare up for planting trees (i had 4 baskets of oranges and 4 maple saplings), game necklace is required here, so are the grappling hook and crossbow. flame ring/gloves/tinderbox was to burn the logs its not really required but up to you. you can just drop the logs and save urself the trouble

after getting ready, head out and west out the lumbridge castle where theres our first tree patch, head east to the canoe station next to the river and head up to Champions guild, here you can plant yourself another poison ivy bush for nice/cheap/easy farm xp. run up north into varrock's staff shop and buy yourself some battlestaves, then into varrock's castle for our second tree patch.

We're almost done!! yeah.. i know im crazy rofl.
now game necklace -> Gamer's grotto and climb the north fally wall, inside you'll have our third tree patch, run northwest to taverly and we're done with our trees!

... oh wait im not done yet :P, head to a bank any bank~ (i cabbaged ported to drop the roots in the compost bin and took the draynor spirit tree patch to GE)
originally i wasn't going to take a screenshot of this spirit tree.. but the new update made the spirit tree look so sad and tiny i had to do it.

This part is what I do, you guys dont have to do this. but i do it for the free mage exp.
i make 15 staves -> air battlestaves and high alch it using explorer's ring charges then i take out full inventory of gold ores (gaunts equipped)
and superheated them (explorer's ring 4 has 15 high alchs, 27 superheats, and 30? low alches charges a day)

and with that! we're finished :P hope that wasn't so bad, and hope this helps out anyone who reads it :)
(i usually play with full screen but i played in a smaller screen so the screenshots are easier for the eye and less scrolling :) )
Last edited by GrandmasterH on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shivvyy
RSN: Shivvyy

Re: Grand's Daily/Farm Run all at once path (with pictures :

Post by Shivvyy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:10 pm

damn grand, that is one hell of a fine run. how long does it take you?
[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/stat/black/femal ... hivvyy.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/skill/black/magic/99/Shivvyy.png[/img][/url]

[b]I don't know how to say this, but I'm kind of a big deal.[/b]

GrandmasterH
RSN: GrandMasterH

Post by GrandmasterH » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:14 pm

takes hour or so

and everything i did added up:

4 papaya trees : 25521.6 farm exp
2 poison ivy bushes (3 soon) : 1948xp (2922xp if 3)
4 limpwurt patches
5 herb patches
4 maple/willow trees 13613.6xp for maples/5825.2xp for willows
1320 vials of water
40 free pineapples
1 calcuat tree : 12225.5 farm xp
Be popular in kingdom
80 buckets of free sand
200 free flax
80 seaweed for 160gp
40 pineapples for 80 gp
kill a vine monster -> 1500 slayer,farm xp
"find" a free gem (16 thieving exp)
150 free pure essence
free food with the cook (random amounts)
300 chocolate bars
64 battlestaves (costs 448k)
15 high alch (975 mage exp)
27 superheats (1458 mage exp)

Results:
Exp gained
: 54808.7 farm exp(not including herb/limpwrut exp since it depends on harvest)
: 1500 slayer exp

free/cheap items gained
: 80 pineapples
: 80 seaweed, 80 buckets of sand
: 200 flax
: 150 pure ess
: 300 chocolate bars
: 64 battlestaves
: 1 free gem
: 1320 vials of water

Dvdrak
RSN: Dvdrak

Post by Dvdrak » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:53 pm

Nice guide. You might want to put the pictures into spoiler tabs to shorten the page a bit

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Dvdrak wrote:Nice guide. You might want to put the pictures into spoiler tabs to shorten the page a bit
Ditto :)

My routine is similar, but now I no longer do the tree runs. Herbs, jade vine, daily free stuff, battle staffs, bork, lumby chest, unfinished arrows at sumona. Takes around 30 mins in total.
I miss the profit I used to make from death, earth and water runes from mages shops. The rune prices crashed like crazy in ge.

Xardnor
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Xardnor

Post by Xardnor » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:58 am

Thanks for posting this, Eric!

hanceyman
RSN: Itz Hancey

Post by hanceyman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:33 pm

if i had a hour i would do all that but im to lazy but god guide!
[center][url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Cudi_Prayer][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/gold/1_m ... Prayer.png[/img][/url]

Top Drops
-- 2x hexcrest
--14x dragon boot
--2x focus sight
--2x G maul

[size=150][color=#0000FF]
These are what levels i can assist on Effigy
Magic lvl 99
Cooking lvl 99
Fletching lvl 93[/center][/color][/size]

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Grand,
What's your total approximate profit for the run?

The reason I ask is, I figure I can make around 250k per hour training about half the skills, and about 1m per hour hunting Grenwalls. I stopped doing all my normal daily tasks when I realized they added up to about 250k per hr profit. I figure I would rather train a skill and make the same profits plus the exp, rather than run around collecting free stuff.