Advanced Guide to Hunting Jadinkos. Up to 250k xp/hr!

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

rilo carlile
Inactive
RSN: Rilo Carlile

Advanced Guide to Hunting Jadinkos. Up to 250k xp/hr!

Post by rilo carlile » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:55 pm

I'll just copy paste from the other threads I've made on this. Hehe, thought you guys might be interested.

Most people who post these draconic jadinko guides are terrible hunters with little clue about game mechanics. I intend to demonstrate and explain how to save as much time and energy as possible doing this. You will save many ticks and frustration by watching this guide. ;)

Be warned, however, this is NOT a guide to teach you how to access/use herblore habitat. You can find that easily elsewhere.

Among things I talk about:

-- The proper way to set your traps and why
-- How to keep your arctic bear out of the way
-- The uselessness of witchdoctor robes/camouflage @ HH
-- Planting box traps with maximum efficiency/speed

Enjoy and pass the word around.

[video unavailable]

Let me know if you have any questions :) I've got 12.5k draconic vines and 2k withered vines, so I'm used to this area ;)
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Rilo_Carlile][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/red/pose ... arlile.png[/img][/url]

[img]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4695/rilosig.jpg[/img]

[size=85][i]"Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness."[/i][/size]

firstknight4
Inactive
RSN: Firstknight4

Re: Advanced Guide to Hunting Jadinkos. Up to 250k xp/hr!

Post by firstknight4 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:45 pm

nice guild !!

was thining as i watched this that when i started RS youtube was not even around

food for thought

RedFalling
RSN: Redfalling

Post by RedFalling » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:19 am

that was a great vid and when I get to that hunter lvl I will use that.
[color=#BF0000]A member of KoA since:[/color] [color=#FF0000]A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...[/color]

[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/log/dragon/male/ ... alling.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Redfalling][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/water/7_ ... alling.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu26 ... Oly3rd.gif[/img]

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks a lot for this guide. Without zamorak's favor and at my lower hunter (81,then 82, now 83 :P) getting 160k+ exp/h is a huge help, both in terms of exp and seeds. I've only hunted there for seeds, but after mining skillweek I'm sorely tempted to get 90+ hunter there the exp is so good.

And this is coming from a person who hated hunter...I couldn't stand it before and it was one of my lowest 3 skills.

I still think wearing camouflage helps slightly as you probably catch a few more, and since I don't know what else I'd wear I might as well wear the camo.

The tips I really liked:

~How to set the trap and why.
~Keeping the bear out of the way.
~How to plant/pick as fast as possible.
~Teleporting after using the hunter potion.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:45 pm

If you have a choice between picking a captured jadinko or picking a wilted marasamaw plant, choose the captured jadinko first. Captured jadinkos tend to mesmerize other jadinkos...you'll see them standing next to the captured jadinko staring at it. This means they are unavailable for trapping until you take the captured jadinko down. As soon as you take the captured jadinko down, the mesmerized jadinko appears to "wake up" and starts exploring the other marasamaw plants (set traps).
morituri te salutant

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Post by Tamal » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:23 pm

*bump* for Slaying Supra.

I used this technique exactly how Rilo says to and I've been getting 250k/hr consistently. Fastest Hunter XP in the game!

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:33 am

Bloody hell. Wish I saw this before I went 80-84 with barehanded butterflies (and the almighty 80k-at-best xp they grant)... Thanks for the bump!
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:22 pm

BUMP!
Image Image

Secesh
Inactive
RSN: Secesh

Post by Secesh » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:15 pm

:( this video does not exist

Mannichester
RSN: Mannichester

Post by Mannichester » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:26 pm

Too bad i could really use the hunter exp :)

Red Anomaly
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Red Anomaly

Post by Red Anomaly » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:05 am

I'm hoping to do some Hunting on Dxp weekend since I don't like hunter - any other resources someone has that could help? I haven't hunted since 2007 probably (other than divine locations), so these jadinko things weren't around yet.

Once I spend my charms and finish summoning, I hope to do as much hunter as possible that weekend to get as close to 99 as I can.

Princess Selene
Inactive
RSN: Selene

Post by Princess Selene » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:28 pm

jlp wrote:I'm hoping to do some Hunting on Dxp weekend since I don't like hunter - any other resources someone has that could help? I haven't hunted since 2007 probably (other than divine locations), so these jadinko things weren't around yet.

Once I spend my charms and finish summoning, I hope to do as much hunter as possible that weekend to get as close to 99 as I can.
To hunt draconic jadinkos, or just jadinkos in general, you need to plant a set of specific items to attract them. These combinations can involve a vine flower, vine bush, fruit tree and some sort of habitat you can build there. If you plan on doing draconic jadinkos, I advise you to take a look at it in advance, and plant the necessary combination of items. Why? as long as the plants are healthy they will attract more jadinkos. So it is better to have full grown plants, because they won't die or become diseased anymore. The vine bush seeds can also only be obtained by catching other jadinkos, or from the offering stone in the place where you can slay jadinkos. More so, some jadinkos also require the use of a juju hunter potion to attract (one dose lasts 10 minutes). These can be bought of the grand exchange now.

Here you can find the jadinko combinations

Here are the items I recommend for catching draconic jadinkos:
  1. enhanced yaktwee stick (increases hunter xp by 6 percent)
  2. witchdoctor mask (free teleports)
  3. Juju teleport spiritbag (if you don't have the mask)
  4. Arctic bear familiar (+7 invisble boost to hunter, lasts 28 minutes)
  5. juju hunter potion (helps attract certain jadinkos, lasts 10 minutes)
  6. Zamorak's favour (potion that gives 10% more xp when hunting jadinkos, lasts 5 minutes)
I added links for all the items, in case you are unfamiliar with them.

In my inventory I would have 6 marasamaw plants, 4 arctic bear pouches, 1 super restore (4), 3 juju hunter potions (4), 6 zamorak's favour (4), the jadinko seeds I wanted to collect (I only cared for the herb ones), one corrupt vine (as a place holder, 100% drop from draconic jadinkos) and 1-2 sacks of potatoes.

This video should explain the above mentioned inventory setup pretty much. If you have any other questions, just let me know. I also may be able to hook you up with some of my residual items (as I did this to 99 too).