Lil Dunny suggestion needed

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Lil Dunny suggestion needed

Post by Sir Chris » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:55 am

Problem is, the way my playing time works, it's difficult for me to team floors so I frequently solo. What would be the best way to approach it?
In general, I have been thinking that zipping through the lower floors (1-19) on small and with 1 complexity, while drilling the upper floors on 6 complexity maybe even medium size may be the best overall strategy for max dunny xp.

Any suggestion on how to approach the floors?

Thanks in advance.

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Re: Lil Dunny suggestion needed

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:02 pm

I have the same time issues. :P

Personally, I rush through the first 10 floors as fast as I can, but I use complexity 6. On the lower floors are so easy on any complexity that it seems just as fast on 6, and you get a little more exp.

Also, even on the lowest floors, I always open all the doors before killing the boss. Again, it hardly takes any time at all to run past guards and open doors, and the extra exp makes me feel like I am getting somewhere.

Has anyone seen a study on the actual efficiency of how to handle the lower floors? That would be very useful info.

Looking forward to Dung Week!! :D

Sir Chris
Inactive

Post by Sir Chris » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:37 am

Darth Kaz2 wrote:I have the same time issues. :P

Personally, I rush through the first 10 floors as fast as I can, but I use complexity 6. On the lower floors are so easy on any complexity that it seems just as fast on 6, and you get a little more exp.
Complexity level 6 on early floors sounds good :)

Poppy
Inactive
RSN: Poppy Koc

Post by Poppy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:49 am

Ask 10 different people this question and you'll get 10 different answers. There is no right or wrong. Some methods will give you better xp but those methods always take longer and you could argue time was better spent doing a different method!

If you are mostly soloing floors, I would personally do all on medium c6 for maximum xp. I would rush the lower floors more as the boss fights can be done virtually without any supplies.

Sir Chris
Inactive

Post by Sir Chris » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Makes sense, ty Poppy :)

Ziff
RSN: Zifflequint

Post by Ziff » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:11 am

Biggest problem with comp 1 is if you get poisoned you can't buy anti-poison.

Sir Chris
Inactive

Post by Sir Chris » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:50 am

Ziff wrote:Biggest problem with comp 1 is if you get poisoned you can't buy anti-poison.
lol, been there, also had to fight the boss that requires a pick-axe to "break through" his armor However I discovered mage was an alternative.

Poppy
Inactive
RSN: Poppy Koc

Post by Poppy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:53 am

Ziff wrote:Biggest problem with comp 1 is if you get poisoned you can't buy anti-poison.
C3 is still pretty easy/fast yet it gives you access to a decent range of supplies, including anti-poison.

Sir Chris wrote:also had to fight the boss that requires a pick-axe to "break through" his armor However I discovered mage was an alternative.
There is usually a pick-axe in the corner of this boss room.

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:58 pm

Chris I have similar problem as you do. Even if I am technically logged in for several hours, I have to be afk every few minutes, or log on and off quite often. One uninterrupted hour in game is a rarity. So I tried soloing. Based on my limited experience and advice of few in cc, this is what I noticed.

1) Medium maps might get me twice the xp, but sometimes it takes me more than twice the time to navigate them. Here 'twice' is just an approximation. Don't know the exact ratio.
2) Using c1 as opposed to c6 cuts the xp by almost half, but not the time. I prefer c6 because of availability of gate teles, if I am fighting boss, and in case I ran out of food from npc drops; I can always fish.

So decided to set all floors to small if I solo, till 1-20 or 1-25 to small and higher floors to medium maps. I don't like large floors; takes way too long. Even if I am in a team I prefer small maps; unless it is 4 or 5 people in which case medium maps are not too bad.

Sir Chris
Inactive

Post by Sir Chris » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:25 pm

ty all