Nomad Guide for Low Combat

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Nomad Guide for Low Combat

Post by onezerobin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:53 pm

My Guide to Defeating Nomad with low combat

My stats were attack/strength 75, defense 73, magic 87, range 83, hp/constitution 76, summoning 79, Prayer 71.

Unlike other bosses, I felt Nomad requires some mental preparation too. The two factors that make nomad intimidating are the 1) multiple number of things you have to remember during fight and 2) The huge amount of gp you risk in potions every time you die.

Once you overcome these there are several ways to defeat Nomad. The way I focused for those few hours is by thinking Nomad is the entire objective of the RS game, and all the cash I have is to spend on him.

Links to other well written and useful guides

If you have higher combat or want to try other methods, these guides are very helpful. My fighting was dependent on a combination of tips from different guides. I tried to address small details such as auto retaliate, why you don't want scrolls in the bob,attempting back to back, what to choose for quick pray settings, how many pots are needed by the time you reach berserk stage, etc, that I used. If one method does not work skip to some other guide and see if that will help. Each has to customize their own Nomad fight. Good luck !

KoA Nomad Guides
Pilgrim Matt's Nomad Guide: http://www.koaclan.co.uk/forums/viewtopi ... =67&t=4930
AirmanJulian's Nomad Guide:http://www.koaclan.co.uk/forums/viewtopi ... =67&t=5137
Sir Chri's post and other KoA members hints: http://www.koaclan.co.uk/forums/viewtopi ... =67&t=3340

External Guides

http://www.zybez.net/quest.aspx?id=172
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/a ... 2,60439960

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IKb2nL2njY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yh_uQXc ... feature=iv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5zCnYlnJGA

I) Preparation

a) Memorizing the lines

Nomad had 4 types of attack that repeat for two or three cycles; and one final attack. Before he starts each of these four attacks, a dialogue box pops us letting us know what is yet to come. Here is how I remembered them.

1) circle of tomatoes: "“Let's make things interesting!”
2) hide from 750 hit - "“You cannot hide from my wraith!”
3) 3 clowns - "“Let's see how well your senses serve you,”
4) freeze in a ice chest - Let's see how much punishment you can take.”
5) going crazy mode - "“Enough! This. Ends. Now.”

I remembered one key word for each phase instead of memorizing entire lines: interesting, wraith, senses, punishment. You have to watch out for the last line !!!

Watch you tube videos to know what the phases of fights are.

b) Money

For each serious attempt of Nomad assuming you die at the end of fight in the worst case, you need around 31 sara brews(4 doses), 11 super restores (4 doses), 20-30 diamond bolts(e), 50-100 ruby bolts(e), 50-70 ambush scrolls, kyatt pouch, war tortoise/terrorbird pouch, ava's accumulator. This costs about 400-500k. This is not a lot! You can make this money in one npc shop run, or two herb runs. Its better to have supplies for atleast ten runs in advance. I will explain why soon.

Everything else is safe, since you spawn right next to your grave. It is better to have someone there to bless your grave, just in case you disconnect after you die.

c) Time

Set aside time to do maximum attempts in a row. Because the fight goes so fast, and there are so many things you learn from your mistakes; it is better if you do the attempts back to back. Because of lack of long stretches of non afk time; the first time I ended it after 3 trials and one serious attempt. But this time, with back to back attempts, after each attempt I got better. Also luckily there were two strangers training fletch near the sw bank chest, who kept talking to me and encouraging me to go back in and were blessing my grave just in case. Bring a friend along, if you don't find kind strangers. Turn your pm and cc chat off because you need full focus.

Now you have memorized the lines, watched you tube videos, have the supplies for multiple trials and time; we are ready to roll.

II) Getting used to the environment

a) Trial runs

Before my first attempt I watched you tube videos (with mute on) to mentally prepare myself for the environment.

I spent my first 2-3 trials on getting used to the environment with low armor like black d'hide and monks and salmons just to survive for few minutes. I did not take any bob or expensive armor. I went in and decided which pillar I am going to hide behind, how to run, and how to hide so that so that the first two hits don't affect me.

My goal was just to go through all the 4 different moves just once. Basically getting used to the running, hiding, eating and switching the bolts part. I ate 3 monks and 1 salmon to simulate the 3 doses of brews and 1 dose of restores. When he says "face me", if you hide for too long behind the pillar, you are not killed; and you can walk away safely.

Some people advice hiding behind the left pillars and some advice the right side pillars. You have to test it out which is convenient for you. I hid behind the 3rd right pillar relative to the throne. Behind the pillars there are two squares. Only one of them lets you hide safely.

I also tested BGS special attack here, and decided it is a waste. I wasn't hitting him at all.

b) Serious runs

I had two failed serious runs because I forgot bob, took wrong pouches etc but did not die. I died only twice that too because I went to wrong spot behind pillar and my constitution level is only 76. his 75 hit killed me. The next 5-6 failed attempts were because I did not know I had to stand right next to nomad in berserk mode. I defeated him in my first attempt of berserk mode.

b.1 Armour

Wear the best mage defense + range attack armor you can afford. I saved up for full arma and that is what I wore. Below is the picture of my gear. The full slayer helm has the focus sight, so is better than neitz for range bonus. I am also enclosing a picture of my stats with the armor on. Please click on the spoiler. If you have higher stats than me, you can go with cheaper armor.
setup1.jpg
setup1.jpg (31.61 KiB) Viewed 4610 times
setup2.jpg
setup2.jpg (24.85 KiB) Viewed 4610 times
b.2 Inventory

My war of tortoise was filled with 18 sara brews (4 doses).

I had total 11 super restores and 14 sara brews in my inventory. You need more than the 3:1 ratio of brews because of the extra sips you need in the 4th and 5th stages of attacks.

You also need about 50-100 diamond (e) bolts, 1 kyatt pouch and about 200 ambush scrolls. DO NOT put your ambush scrolls and super restores in the bob, because if you die you will lose them all. every chance you get while hiding after the 3rd stage of attack, rearrange the inventory so that you know which pots to click exactly and don't have to second guess locations of your restores etc.

Click on the spoiler to see how I arranged my inventory.
invo.JPG
invo.JPG (20.43 KiB) Viewed 4610 times

b.3 Prayers

I had the eagle eye + steel skin + protect from melee set as my quick prayer. It is easy to switch the quick prayer on and switch from melee to magic for the fights. In berseck mode you won't have time to switch prayers, hence the reason for protect from melee in the quick prayer. I tried curses, but they weren't as effective; due to lack of eagle eye and steel skin.

b.4 Auto retaliate

Definitely on. But be careful and make sure you are running away as soon as the freeze attack hits you.

b.5 Familiars

You need beast of burden ( mine was war tortoise), spirit kyatt and ambush scrolls. Set you familiar button option to special move. While you are hiding behind pillars, call familiar to you before you withdraw stuff. Else you might accidentally step out of safe spot. Once you run out of stuff in bob, dismiss it and summon kyatt. Spam click the special attack whenever you have a chance.

Do not load your ambush scrolls in your enchanted helm (neitz/slayer helm) because if you die you will lose all the scrolls, in case you die. The ambush scrolls are expensive.

b.6 Weapons

Ruby bolts for the first three types of attack. Switch to diamond bolts as soon as he teles you to center (4th attack type), and switch back to ruby while you run back to pillar for the dirst type to start again.

III) The fight

Step 1:

As soon as you enter, talk to nomad. While talking to him turn your camera angle to see a top view. As soon as talk ends, run behind the pillar. While running turn on the prayers. You have one second to switch to mage prayer, before he says "face me". Keep hititng him. If you have to eat, step behind pillar quickly to take two sips of whatever pots you need. ratio is for every 3 sips of sara, one sip of super restore. you have time only for two sips, and then you MUST attack him again. Or else he will call you coward and fight ends. Everytime he says face me you have 2-4 seconds before you have to hit him again.

Step 2:

Since you are near the pillar the bombs/tomatoes wont hurt you. As soon as he says "you cannot hide..." it is time to hide. Step into the hiding spot and stay there. This is time for you to quickly sip doses, or drop empty pot. After this he runs towards pillar and then you start attacking him again.

Step 3:

Keep hitting him, till he says ".... senses..." (I memorized only senses word), and then quickly step behind the pillar. you will see 4 clowns are standing watching the pillar. My trick was to drop an empty pot at safe spot as soon as I can, so that I always have a red dot on my map showing where to run to. You have 30-40 seconds to relax here. Now turn off prayers, drop empty pots, take stuff from bob, rearrange your inventory, see how many more pots left in bob. Turn your quick prayers on, switch from mage to melee (since quick prayer is set to melee). You will see other 3 disappearing and the real nomad running toward pillar.

Step 4:

Start hitting him, and teles you to the center. You have 5-10 few seconds here. First make sure you spam drink enough sara brews to raise your hp way above your maximum hp. switch to diamond bolts, attack nomad. you can get 1-3 hits in if ur lucky. He will freeze you and as soon as u see ur hp down to very vey low run towards the safe spot. While running switch back to ruby bolts. Remember we dropped an empty pot at safe spot, so we know eactley where to click on mini map. While you are running spam click the sara brews to get ur hp up, and drink super restore. I did not have time to make sure I am keeping to 3:1 ratio, i just made sure to be above 40 hp, and if I had 1 second checked my stats. And now you are back at step 1.

Step 1-4 goes on 3-4 times. I did not count, just made sure I am alive and he is going down.

At some point in cycle two or three of step 3 hiding behind pillar, your bob will be empty. Then dismiss it, and summon the kyatt. Once you summoned the kyatt, spam click him every chance you get irrespective of which step you are in. Always make sure you have enough prayer points

Step 5:

This usually happens after third or fourth cycle of step 4, so make sure you have ruby bolts equipped right after he hits you in step 4. As soon as you see the dialogue "Enough this ends now ! " the game is on.

1) By the time you reach this stage, you should have at least 4-5 sara pots, and one full super restore pot.
2) First make sure you are standing right next to him. Or else he will tele away. Because I did not know this 5-6 of my trials ended here.
3) Quick prayers on. You don't have time here to switch prayers, that's why you need quick prayers to melee and not mage.
4) Spam click spirit kyatt and sara brews. You need super restore here just to keep prayer lvl on. While watching your prayer, just spam click familiar button, and sara pots. Don't care from which pot you are drinking, just stay alive and spam click kyatts and sara brews. I defeated nomad on my first trial of berserk mode. But I was lucky, he was dead when I had 12 hp left. Since you have ruby bolts equipped, your hp is most important here. The ruby bolts attack and kyatt will get him as long as your hp is not too low.

Good luck all Nomad fighters :) Special thanks to all the authors of the nomad guides in the KoA forum guides sections, and the people who encouraged me to fight Nomad :)

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Re: My Low Level Nomad Guide

Post by Fluff » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 pm

OMW... no excuses now :s
ImageImage

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Re: Nomad Guide for Low Combat

Post by Diplomatt » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:42 am

Hmmmm Avi, apart from the extra summoning pouch, it looks like the method I posted ages ago! Copyright infringement!

By the way, if you used a different helm, say Arma Helm, you could put the scrolls on your helm and have an extra inv spot, but you really don't care anymore, YOU DID IT!

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:10 pm

Sorry Matt, I apologize for similarities in the fight methods. Once again sincere thanks for your guide, and answering hundreds of my questions.I relied on few videos and guides to have a winning fight. I will be adding links to these helpful guides in the beginning of my post, and links to some other guides I liked at other sites. Give me some time please.

Few differences are I did not use excalibur and relied entirely on the kyatt in the end. I wanted to cover each and every single detail because many online guides skipped on small details like auto retaliate, why you don't want scrolls in the bob,attempting back to back, what to choose for quick pray settings, how many pots are needed by the time you reach berserk stage, etc; which I think do matter big time.

Also I did not put any in the helm because if I die the scrolls will be lost which runs into hundreds of thousands. Thank you for pointing this out. Will add this too.

Enjay
RSN: greengrrl

Post by Enjay » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:12 am

An excellently written and detailed guide :)

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:11 am

Finally killed nomad. Thanks to all your guides. THANKYOU!!!
ImageImage

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:23 pm

BUMP
Image Image

BayouTrix
Inactive
RSN: BayouTrix

Post by BayouTrix » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Thanks for the bump Oober
[center][color=black]+---BayouTrix---+[/color]
+----Now with 1.2bill and rising----+
[url=http://img546.imageshack.us/i/1102281937588.png/][img]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9783 ... 588.th.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... outrix.png[/img][/center]

Jax
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Erebos Jax

Post by Jax » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Little side notes:
1) Don't place your scroll into your helm, you can't use them (or at least I couldn't with the Helm of neitiznot (charged)).
2) Don't take Enchant Excalibur (first you loose it if you die and second you need special bar for ambush moves).

Also I used curses, here is the notes that I made for myself, hopefully it helps someone else too.
Nomad (Note: this is .docx file)

Edit: change it into direct download link :| (took me some time to find a good upload site where all you could download it).
Qotsisajak
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Steam: Devilnion
Origin: Holgoma
Anime-Planet: Devilnion

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Ken, what's the file format type for the download?
morituri te salutant

Jax
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Jax » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Its a Microsoft Office Word 2007 file so a .docx (didn't allow me to upload because its .doc :| ,so I packed it into winRAR)
Qotsisajak
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Do I need to extract if from the winRAR file format? If yes, how?
morituri te salutant

Jax
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Jax » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:29 am

If you have winRAR (or something that opens winRAR's) on your computer:

1) Download(select open)->Double click on Nomad.docx (this should open it) or drag it to somewhere and it should be unpacked.
2) Download (remember where you placed it) -> open winRAR (or the program that could open it) ->Find the file with the program ->
a)-> find "extract to" button (this should unpack the .rar, if you don't change the path it should extract it into the same directory with the .rar file]) or drag it to somewhere and it should be unpacked.
b) -> double click on the .rar file -> double click on the Nomad.docx (this should open it) or drag it to somewhere and it should be unpacked.
3) Download (remember where you placed it) -> double click on the .rar file ->
a) -> double click on the Nomad.docx (this should open it) or drag it to somewhere and it should be unpacked.
b) -> find "extract to" button [if you don't change the path it should extract it into the same directory with the .rar file] or drag it to somewhere and it should be unpacked.

If you have Total Commander

Download the file (remember where you placed it) -> find the file with Total Commander -> double click on the .rar file -> double click on the Nomad.docx (this should open it) or drag it to somewhere and it should be unpacked.

If you don't have winRAR you can use 7-Zip this should open it too and its open source software (which means its free).

Note: I'm windows XP user (but the same or similar process should apply for other operation systems too).

I hope you have Microsft Office (2007) otherwise the unpacking and downloading would be pointless or would have been since it seems like the .rar file got blocked, so hopefully it helps in other stuff.
Qotsisajak
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

GrandmasterH
RSN: GrandMasterH

Post by GrandmasterH » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:07 pm

wait you needed special bar for ambush moves?? thought it was the summon's bar. and i was using ambush and i used claw specials on nomad

Jax
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Jax » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:27 pm

My bad the wiki may some times be confusing :?
From RS wiki wrote:When a special move is used, the "Special moves" points will be reduced a certain number
But still Enchant Excalibur will be useless since you probably use sara brews and 200 or 400 hp isn't worth the time and space plus you lose it when you die (can't get it back).
From Tip.it wrote: If you view the follower details tab, ...
... Cast Scroll: Clicking on this will activate your familiar's scroll, which can have one of a variety of different effects, depending on what familiar you are using. View each familiars scroll in the Scrolls section. You can also hover over this to view the name of the scroll and how many special points it uses. Above this box, you can view how many special points your familiar has remaining, out of a maximum of 60.
But anyway you don't want to start spamming ambush scrolls before nomad goes berserk. They take 3 special move point which is 20 casts.

Edit More info:
From RS wiki wrote:Like the special attacks of a weapon, the special moves energy bar will naturally recharge over time. It does so at a faster rate of 15 points per every 30 seconds versus 10% per every 30 seconds for the special attacks bar.

A Summoning potion restores 15 special move points per dosage as well as restoring Summoning points. It is the only method available that can raise the special moves energy bar besides the natural recharge rate or a player's death, as the level of the special moves energy remains with the player even after a familiar is gone.

Wearing a Spirit cape will reduce the special move point cost by 20%, but only for combat familiars.
Don't know if super restores work the same way as summon pot in restoring those points. but if they do :-? ... Hallelujah, be praised the big Z ^:)^ (take the kyatt, ambush scrolls, some sara brews, super restores and knock yourself out :twisted: )
Qotsisajak
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.