miscellania hint

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

serame
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Serame

miscellania hint

Post by serame » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:45 pm

Did you know that there is now a chat option with Advisor Ghrim where you can change your requested stuff before you talk to him? Say, for example, that you are set to coal and herbs, like me. You realize, like me, that to get your next construction rock you are going to need 50,000 mahogany logs. You can change from herbs and coal to logs, then when you just talk to him, he will give you what you just asked for, quantities depending on how long it's been since you've collected.

When you talk to him, just click "Manage my kingdom", change your stuff, then talk to him. Maybe its always been there, and I just now noticed it. Very cool.

IZZI
Inactive
RSN: o0 IZZI 0o

Re: miscellania hint

Post by IZZI » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:57 pm

And after you use those 50k mahog's to make flatpacks you can give then to him (use) to help refill your coffers, although youd make more gp's selling on GE TBH.

KevinsLunchbox
Inactive
RSN: Kevins a God

Post by KevinsLunchbox » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:18 pm

I hate kingdom.

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:31 pm

Thank you serame for sharing this :) Though it has been there , its always good to have such tips.

Also its a misconception that one has to keep approval rate high every day. Just make sure approval is 100% before you got to talk to him. Mining with fremnick boots is fastest way to get high approval. Another misconception is the more time in between your kingdom access, the more returns you get (that is checking every day, vs once a week or a month). The average returns for a single day are the same.

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Post by Tamal » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Avidr wrote:Also its a misconception that one has to keep approval rate high every day. Just make sure approval is 100% before you got to talk to him. Mining with fremnick boots is fastest way to get high approval. Another misconception is the more time in between your kingdom access, the more returns you get (that is checking every day, vs once a week or a month). The average returns for a single day are the same.
Have you extensively tested this? I've always heard it the other way. If not, I'm willing to test.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Tip.it says:
there are free bonuses after subjects collect a certain number of items. If you do not collect often, you will get more bonus items. Around 10 days between collecting is effective.
morituri te salutant

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Tamal, Brad: You both could be right. But in my experiments I did not find proof of this. I have been logging my kingdom returns in thorough detail for past one year. I tried different combinations of percentages, days and did various calculations and charts. I am planning to share this soon. To get certain items like nests, they are percentage of the logs. So in some cases decimals add up to 1-2 extra items over a period of time. For maximum cash of 75k per day and employing all 15 workers, this doesn't matter much. Overall it is indeed a good balance to check once in 10 days, so that you can reinvest the profits in something else.

Lawidget
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: La Widget

Post by Lawidget » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Thank you! I completely forgot about this feature!

Laurie

Lord LLoss
Inactive
RSN: Lord LLoss

Post by Lord LLoss » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:02 pm

i didnt no any of them cheers!

Philoz 494
RSN: Bao Cong

Post by Philoz 494 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Very interesting, going to try it out, thanks for sharing!

Enjay
RSN: greengrrl

Post by Enjay » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:36 pm

When chatting to Advisor Ghrim, you could decline to get the items, then change the items collected by the workers in the next screen.

So you could always do it....but this is easier :)

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Post by Tamal » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Avidr wrote:Tamal, Brad: You both could be right. But in my experiments I did not find proof of this. I have been logging my kingdom returns in thorough detail for past one year. I tried different combinations of percentages, days and did various calculations and charts. I am planning to share this soon. To get certain items like nests, they are percentage of the logs. So in some cases decimals add up to 1-2 extra items over a period of time. For maximum cash of 75k per day and employing all 15 workers, this doesn't matter much. Overall it is indeed a good balance to check once in 10 days, so that you can reinvest the profits in something else.
I recently did an extreme test to see if your approval per day affects the rewards.

Setup: Filled up coffers and got approval to 100%.

Day 1
Approval ticked down to 99%. Got it back up to 100% and collected rewards:
100% approval.png
100% approval.png (50.16 KiB) Viewed 4471 times
Then went outside and killed villagers until approval was at 0%.

Day 2
Approval ticked up to 1%. Got it back up to 100% then went to collect rewards… NOTHING!

Conclusion: Your approval rating at the time MTK ticks over to the next day (varies for everyone) does affect your rewards.

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Tamal wrote: Then went outside and killed villagers
Boy am I glad I don't live in your kingdom. 8-X
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Enjay
RSN: greengrrl

Post by Enjay » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:37 am

I noticed last time I went (Saturday last) that there were now right click quick collect options as well as manage options...very useful hidden update