Nomad help.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

JulianR
Inactive
RSN: AirmanJulian

Nomad help.

Post by JulianR » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Just beat nomad after over 2m worth of spending, so a few tips to try and help the rest of you :D. This method is good if your levels are close to mine and if your a tad shakey when it comes to fights like this. I do warn you, this probably isn't the cheapest method, especially if your lvls are higher than mine. My levels are : 77 def, 82 hp, 85 range, 80 prayer and 69 summoning.

I have read that sara brews are useful, but i just found that i was clicking them and super restores all the time and not damaging nomad so here is what i used:

Equip:
Helm of neitz
Trimmed skillcape (wasn't sure if attractor would disappear when i died or not, but it is an option)
ammy of fury
ruby bolts (e)
rune cbow
black dhide chest
zammy book
black dhide legs
barrows gloves
snake boots
archer ring

None of this destroys on death so if you dont beat him 1st time you can just pick it all up restock and try again.

Inv :
around 100 ambush scrolls, more if your cautious.
spirit kyatt pouch
2 sara brews (4)
2 super restore (4)
rest rocktails

I also had a tortoise familiar (the beast of burden) full of rocktail, prepared before the fight, and before the fight drank sara brew, super restore and range pot in that order at the bank.
The main reason for the rocktails is that although u get less hp per space, you get more in a bite and dont need to use with restores, this is key when like me you get the shakes, you spend more time beating on nomad, less time crying onto the keyboard. the 2 sara brews are for the enrage phase at the end, as i found that i didn't quite have enough hp worth of food left to manage until i switched in the brews. they also come in handy for nomads freeze attack as sometimes if i used rocktails in order to ensure i was above max at the time i would waste some of the healing, which one dose of sara brew can fix, however make sure that you use a super restore after if you do this, and just hope that you dont waste the prayer points it restores.

I used curses for this fight: deflect range, leech mage, range and defence. i tried both mage and range deflect, and couldnt often tell alot of difference between them, but i read range was better, and i usually got slightly better results. However, it may be possible not to use them, but its likely you will have to make up for it with higher range or defence or something. if this is the case then use pro from range and eagle eye (or whatever its called :P) for the 15% range bonus, along with some form of defence prayer, although this isnt tested by me, so you may need more or less super restore potions.

Now to the combat. Again because of the shakes i choose not to try and use the pillar to hide, as i usually got worse results, as such i just soaked the 750 damage attack, and when he split i just made one shot on each copy. Key point: this may be a bug, but sometimes if i found the real nomad before the last shot, the others wouldnt disappear, keep and eye out for this because it can cost up to 150 hp and beyond, which is alot in this fight. And here is the key point, before i came across this, i was doing alot worse, but i read elsewhere to use a spirit kyatt. I found the best method is to walk into nomads room, then as soon as your next to him and the talking starts, dismiss the turtle of rocktail, summon the kyatt and switch on your curses/prayers, then talk to him straight away and start the fight asap. this is particularly helpful as you can pick up the rocktail when u need, standing on them because you are ranging, aswell as maximising the time the kyatt is out. Over my several tries i never once had the rocktail disappear so aslong as you pick them up when you have time and space it shouldn't be an issue. Before the fight make sure your leftclick summon option is use special, then during the fight spam click it as much as possible, this will use your kyatts move, which can cause a rather usefull 300 damage, aswell as hitting quite often. This also is your main damage in the enrage phase as the brews will take your range attack down but keep your defence up so the kyatt will hit more than you, helping to finish him off.

A few final notes:
Using ruby bolts for the whole fight is risky, if the special activates at the wrong time, particularly the freeze move, it can be fatal, so be careful, or adjust how you see fit. Be warned i reccommend against not using ruby for most of the fight and carrying another set reducing your carried food which is vital.

Work out about 150 hp from your total hp and make sure you never use a rocktail above that value, to prevent waste (unless you need to for the freeze attack of course, but sara brew is a better option here.)

The above equipment is what i had to hand, if you have better, use it, especially armadyl chest/legs. The helm is useful for prayer bonus and melee/ ranged defences so something similar would do. remember if you have a large stockpile of cash you can buy things such as an archer ring or a fury and sell back after the quest, with only a small risk of loss on resale. If you have no prayer book, use a shield with good range/ melee defences, or prayer bonuses, for example full crystal shield or fally shield 3. Barrows is reccommended against because if you die it will have to be repaired from 0 to be used again which adds unneeded expense, which is bad since he will already cost you alot :D

Hope this helps my fellow wannabe nomad slayers :D

Amazing advice incoming!
I see all of your problems and i know the perfect solution if you have 57 summoning. I have died once during nomad and i didnt want to waste another 400k in sups so i got some advice... The kyatts "ambush" ability makes it have an instant attack and has a very high chance of hitting so I questioned to myself... could it be used to kill Nomad in a hearts beat? It was an amazing idea and I killed nomad in 5 minutes after my tortoise ran outa brews. so if you have 57+ summoning I highly suggest that you use a spirit kyatt pouch and defeat this boss and get the best prayer cape in the game! Also for all of you 99 summoners steel titan is always an ace in the hole.

also i want to credit this vid for helping me finish nomads requiem. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU1CSi9eeQw> for beginning parts and <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yh_uQXc ... feature=iv> for Nomad fight.
Good Luck all and have fun owning Nomad!

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Re: Nomad help.

Post by Dr Brad » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:27 pm

Many thanks!!!
morituri te salutant

Pa7uL
Inactive
RSN: Lord Pa7ul

Post by Pa7uL » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:42 am

the fact that you have to use so many words to tell me how to kill him is scary in it self...

JulianR
Inactive
RSN: AirmanJulian

Post by JulianR » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:43 am

Simply copied advice that someone wrote. Didn't follow it to the t use your own judgement.

Kiwi
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Slayer Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:08 am

Nomad is cake if you follow this method as shown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLD2lTrQXHI
Slayer Kiwi - Untrimmed Slayer
Ryan Alan - Going for Iron Man Untrimmed Slayer

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:13 am

Admin, you could condense all our 'I've just done Nomad' threads (standfast Avi!) in one big Nomad guide for ease of access!

I like seeing how others killed Nomad. People still say he is the hardest to kill, but I'm still sticking to Jad!

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Thank you everyone for the wonderful links and guides ! I am planning to post a petition in rsof to making nomad quest optional/extra for the quest cape. Maybe this could be a quest for trimmed quest cape. Any supporters? :-|

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:10 am

Ha ha, NO WAY! If you were male, I would say "Grow a pair" and get on with it! This is really the same as myself and a fire cape. I have tried 8 times now but I wont give up!

Enjay
RSN: greengrrl

Post by Enjay » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 am

Many congratulations!
Yes, accumulator will destroy on drop, but you can get lots of them from ava (I think you may have to use the drop trick to get many).

I used ruby/diamond (bolts, that is, not pokemon games), armadyl, brews/sups and pillar hiding, with c.80 range and 75 hp. Took 10 attempts but only died twice loosing nothing much.

Andy, LOL at your progress bar.....I agree that Jad is harder, if only because of the 1-2 hours required to actually get to him....