** Nomad Guide **

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

hairylemons
Inactive
RSN: Sour Pulp

** Nomad Guide **

Post by hairylemons » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:32 am

This is an old guide I wrote after I beat nomad. Hope it helps some people :D

Requirements: 75+ Range, 67+ Summoning (War Tortoise), 71+ Prayer (Full Effect of Curses)

I finally did it after about 20 or more tries and after spending 10m. I tried numerous different ways to kill nomad. My stats are kinda low and my cb is also. Im level 112 combat, 88 att (during the fight 89 after), 78 str, 80 def, and a very low 75 range *edit* and 84 hitpoints. After a lot of different scenarios and a lot of determination the day has finally come. Thanks to a ton of info that everyone has given me. I do not recommend the melee option especially if your stats are around what mine are. I tried and FAILED. My inventory consisted of 12 super restores (4), 16 sara brews (4), and I had war tortoise which holds another 18 sara brews (4).

My equipment consisted of Helm Neitz, Sara D'Hide top, black d'hide legs, braces, elemental shield, rune cbow, 800 ruby (e) bolts, dboots, and skill cape.

Now, if you plan to use ruby (e) everyone knows the spec can leach your own hp's. It is very critical that you keep an eye on this.

When the fight first starts I took off to the left side where the pillars are and hide behind the second pillar from the entry. I used this tactic because I'm a little slow at potting. Hide behind the pillar then when he follows you att him. If you wait to long hiding he will teleport back to the center with full health. Don't ever give him the chance to teleport back to full health. If he shouts "Face Me!" you better get to it. Just watch your hp's and eat wisely. Don't over pot yourself or you will run out. Second Nomad drops bombs around you. If you are near the pillar they will surround it along with you. This is ok because his next att you still have room to hide behind the pillar before he has a chance to hit you with his 750 att. Make sure you pot up and get ready to battle again.

His next att he tests your senses. You will see 4 Nomads. When he says "Let's test your senses, it's time to hide behind the pillar. Don't stand in the open because you will get hit with consistant "50's". This give you time to restore health, drop empty pots, and grab full ones from familiar. After waiting a few mins the real Nomad will eventually come after you. When he does get to it. His final att he will teleport you to the center and freeze you. Pot up well over you hits and restore your range. Continue attacking Nomad because you can't go anywhere until after he hits you with your hp lvl -1. Be careful here as you may go below your hits and will result in death. you must be ABOVE your hits. He hits you your hit point lvl -1. After he attacks you, run back to your pillar (second one from door you walked in on the left). He will then repeat through all his attacks.

He will heal himself only once and it is not to full hp. After that when he falls below 1/4 hp he will then state "It's time to end this". Jump out and face him. Make sure you are not beside or behind a pillar. Jump right in front of him. Continue to watch your hp's as he melee's you. Switch to melee prayer as it helps a tiny bit. Continue attacking Nomad and you will eventually put him to his death.

Good luck to all who will attempt this horrific quest. Thanks to all for the great info. I hope that I could be of some help.

Moon Zina
Inactive
RSN: Moon Zina

Re: ** Nomad Guide **

Post by Moon Zina » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks Hairy! I'll keep trying, :) Like I said in cc I have a problem brewing, restoring, switching arrows and when exactly to change to Diamond(e).

Xardnor
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Xardnor

Re: ** Nomad Guide **

Post by Xardnor » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:04 am

Thanks for the guide, Hairy! :)
The computer I usually play on doesn't have the most reliable internet connection so the quest sounds pretty scary.
That quest is all I have left to get my quest cape back.
(I haven't figured out how to update my questpoints on Runetrack.)
I still am trying to get my courage up to try...