A GREAT Way to Make Money with Little to No Effort

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

AirJordan
Inactive
RSN: Dcu Zezima

A GREAT Way to Make Money with Little to No Effort

Post by AirJordan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:47 am

Allright, well I guess that since this is viewed as something unfair, I've deleted the guide. I'll make a better guide to compensate for this one in the future ;)
Last edited by AirJordan on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Re: A GREAT Way to Make Money with Little to No Effort

Post by Hid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:19 am

I hope I don't offend you with my opinion about this, but I see this 76k-tricking as cheating, and not playing the game as it is supposed to be. I have always seen the trickers as one of the main reasons why we got such an inflation in Runescape, and I disliked them for it, cause I had the disadvantage of their longing for the easy money without working for it. If you want to get rich, do slayer or go runecrafting.

Make money the fair way, you'll also have the feeling of really earning it.

I'm a little touchy on this subject btw, cause I have a deep disliking of cheating/scamming in any way and form.
KoA achievements

AirJordan
Inactive

Post by AirJordan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:16 am

Thanks for expressing your opinion Hid, and I actually agree with you a bit. I may not agree with you that tricking is cheating, but I agree that it does open many doors to people scamming one another and that sort. I personally have only done tricks very occasionally, and have never relied on it to make money (usually I EP at those places until I get a bounty target to make money), but from what I have seen in the wilderness, there are much dirtier ways of making money that none of us should even touch (yet people do it).

Now let me argue for why tricking isn't so cheating. The main challenge for making money through tricking is getting your EP up. This presents a huge challenge as many people lose their 76 k+ risk item and constantly get frustrated - simply because many of the PKers out there go solely for the EPers. I can guarantee you that most of the PKers don't rely on tricking to make money because of so many obstacles they face when getting their EP up. The red dragon isle place is just a secret I found that not many people know. In addition, not many people know about the yew seed protection method either.

You know this already, but there was a method to make money called "Nat-running," where people would carry essence to certain altars and receive payments for doing so. This method made many high-level runecrafters millionaires and even billionaires in Runescape. It just simply made Runecrafting easier. You may also disagree with this method, but the point I want to get across is that every way to make money has obstacles; and as a result, there are certain methods which make these obstacles easier to jump.

What I really wanted to express in this guide was for people to occasionally find a way to make money if they are feeling lucky. Even at 120+ combat, I don't think anyone consistently makes over 600-700 k per hour. In addition, most of the high-value drops people get are because they already lost a lot of money. This equates to their drop potential (the more you lose in PvP, the more drop potential you get, and the higher your drops). If you asked most PKers, they would say that they didn't make their money off of tricks or PKing, but rather off of some skill such as runecrafting and the sort.

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:16 pm

76king is the whole reason the RS economy is in the shape it's in.

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:51 pm

I frown down on any kind of cheating like bots, and auto scripts. Unlike some other games RS gp is not convertible to real life cash. That does not justify anything, but maybe that is the reason jagex frowns upon somethings, but does not make them bannable offenses. I am sure there are experts in jagex who discuss in detail which are truly reasons for banning; and which are just distasteful but can be continued. I never pk'd and have no intention to participate in it, but imo merchant clans affect the economy equally if not more.

There are several things equally frowned upon by Jagex, not endorsed by jagex and people still do it. Third party software, jagex cache, Clan merchanting, 50-50 tie games, skill running, some D&D and mini game clans. Yes there are people in forums who argue even non combat sc is cheating; because we are not playing the game as it was intended to be. 75k trick is one of those gray areas, which is considered against the spirit of the game.

I feel it is hypocritical if we participate in some things which are not exactly the way Jagex designed them, but critique other activities. The day jagex bans 76k and other stupid tricks, it should ban several other controversial stuff too; especially the merch clans.

Hid
Inactive

Post by Hid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:47 pm

The big difference between this tricking and some of the other activities you mentioned is the effect it has on the game. If I get my penguins 15 minutes faster cause of a penguin cc, it only affects me and not even that much. If we do non-combat stealing creation I have an advantage of maybe 30 points per hour, which again only affects my account.

The statues you get with tricking, which you can exchange for gp's, is pumping alot of gold in the economy. Way more than any alching of items can cause. In the end it affects every single player, because this causes inflation in Runescape and we have to pay more for the items we want. Merch clans are very annoying at times, but the money they earn come directly from other players who "lose" that money. There is no extra gold created in the merching proces.
KoA achievements

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:14 pm

Thank you hid for pointing the difference, I am relatively new to MMORPG economy. So bear with me if I try to understand some concepts. When someone loses in pk world, I would expect the money to go back into a repository. And when people get drops sometime they get way less than others, so I assume it's coming from the same repository. So ultimately it is a balance in some way. If every time people get more than they risk in pk world, than it is unbalanced, and your argument about influx is justified. In either case inflation is unavoidable, because of growing number of players, drops, and other factors.

I do still believe that infinitesimal individual progress by several will affect overall game, that is the reason botting is banned. For example a person botting for 99 agility has no effect on other players in terms of economy, but still it is illegal. Same with merch clans, I don't think few people should benefit from losses of hundred of people. I consider merch clans equivalent to real world swindling, few people gaining from several others ignorance.

Hopefully I am not offending or being disrespectful to anyone by my opinions. I don't have the same expertise as several of you, and this is just an healthy discussion to gain understanding into rs economy.

Hid
Inactive

Post by Hid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:29 pm

Don't get me wrong, Avi. I dislike merch clans myself very much too, and I hate botters (should be IP-banned for eternity in my opinion). I see merch clans as scammers, just like the good old armour-trimmers for example, and I wish it was reportable. Too bad Jagex seems unwilling to do much against them.
KoA achievements

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:50 pm

I wonder who was 76k'ing in real life to blow our economy!

AirJordan
Inactive

Post by AirJordan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:50 pm

I guess that my perspective is kind of skewed, as I constantly have to witness so many dirty things happening in Runescape. I'm in the bounty hunter worlds quite a bit, and there are so many things happening that I frown upon everyday. It will be very rare for me to NOT see a pure brag about their stats, when clearly that pure has used some third-party software to help. You also see people with very expensive gear and 99 hunter capes, which frankly they have not earned in my opinion. I guess that Runescape is both a Kid's and Adult's game as well, and it pains me to see so many kids break the rules to the extreme. Having worked for what I have earned, I kind of cringe at these type of people. I'm thinking about quitting Runescape simply because everytime I go into a bounty hunter world and even into the game, I see flaming, unfairness, extreme cheating, and everything else.

In RS, I've tried to find good ways to effectively earn money. In RSC, I killed fire giants in the wilderness, seeing how a DMed was worth 2.5 M while PHats were worth 1.5-6 M. However, I never got a DMed myself even though I killed over 1000. 3-4 years ago, when green dragons were completely unknown in the chaos tunnels, I used a prayer method to get some good cash. However, green dragons are constantly occupied by autoers now, and every place I go, I can see someone potentially breaking the rules in of itself.
Last edited by AirJordan on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hid
Inactive

Post by Hid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:56 pm

Sorry AirJordan, your guide was good, it was just my personal opinion of the whole subject that messed it up. My apologies.
KoA achievements

Draco Ea
RSN: Draco Ea

Post by Draco Ea » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:11 pm

Hid wrote:Don't get me wrong, Avi. I dislike merch clans myself very much too, and I hate botters (should be IP-banned for eternity in my opinion). I see merch clans as scammers, just like the good old armour-trimmers for example, and I wish it was reportable. Too bad Jagex seems unwilling to do much against them.
I agree with most u said till this point Hid, but think the merching clans point should be more nuanced.
As I see it you have 2 main typers of merchers/merching clans:
- "True" merchers : they watch, note and analyze the natural weekly/monthly/jearly/holliday fluctuations of an item and from that decide to buy or sell that item at certain point in that natural fluctuation
- The Manipulating Merchers (theres a better name for them out there on rs forums, but couldnt remember) : These ppl manipulte the economy as some real world stock market players (try) to, by dumping tons of an item to push the price down, or buy heaps of it to artificially (keyword here <-> natural for previous type of mercher) push the price up. This type of "merching" is just plain stock manipulation and is illegal in the real world also.

In my early days/early days of the GE I used to make quite a nice gp using the weekly fluctuations of certain items, for that I didnt need tons of gp to manipulate the prices, but just study the natural evolution of the items. That takes effort, insight and a bit of luck also, just throwing a massive heap of gp at an item to make it rise artificially takes no skill, insight or even luck at all.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Draco_Ea][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose ... aco_Ea.png[/img][/url]

Hid
Inactive

Post by Hid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:20 pm

I agree with you Draco, but I only ever heard of the scamming kind of merch clans, the ones shouting loud at the GE. The second kind of merchers are, as far as I know, single persons, or small groups of friends. In my opinion that's ok, since it's main goal is not to get rich purely on purposely disadvantaging members they lured into their clan making false promises.

I thought the "definition" of merch clans was clear enough, my bad and sorry, Draco.
KoA achievements

Universal NZ
Inactive
RSN: Daddy Aaron

Post by Universal NZ » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:05 am

76king does bring money back into the economy that people lose pvping i myself pk and you risk 10m gear and get a 30k drop its crap to what it used to be. I have killed people risking 100m+ and receive nothing more then sharks and a str ammy.The thing is pvping you never make back what you lose but for 76king people use it over and over and over and totally (rape) abuse the system. as for most pures they are botted and get away with it first ban for botting is 14 days. second is 24 days. third is a perm but inbetween these bans these bots make 100m+ and in 2009 jagex said any bots would be perm banned instantly no toleration but i think they have gone soft on it now just because they need the membership money that these bots pay.

As for merch clans they are corrupt they are all scammers in my opinion.the leaders always dump the item while rest of clan still buying them up. which results in loads players being lured into false prentences then scammed out there money.

personally i think there is so many parts of runescape that are being abused and not properly used. but as long as there is human greed and lazyness this will always be the case.And for all us who do play fair and just want to have a good time just have to grind our teeth and get on with it. I try not to think of all these bad things about runescape so much because i enjoy my time here playing with koa like a second family for me that cancells out all the other bullshit i can be myself and just get on with whatever.

On the bright side i read your guide airjordan and u put alot of effort into detail and explaining great methods so tyvm for that :)
that's clan spirit sharing so gj m8.
[img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5735/agility1.gif[/img]
[color=#0000FF]Agility Fan[/color] :) and [color=#FF0000]crazy man.[/color]
No lifed agility from level 74-99 in 36 days straight.