My Nomad Killing Guide

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

My Nomad Killing Guide

Post by Diplomatt » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:42 pm

This little guide is how I managed to defeat that foul fiend called 'Nomad'.

I have written it for the Clan members who have been thwarted by the un-sporting techniques he invokes on you when you battle him! It may not work for everyone, but after 5 attempts I was willing to try anything to give him a good kicking, so I thought and thought and came up with this method. I was 84 range when I 'did him' with 90 defense.

Weapons and Clothing

After numerous mellee and combined attempts I used just range. I wore the best range bonus gear I had. If you have better range bonus gear, wear that:

Robin Hood hat
Blessed D'hide top (black D'hide)
Blessed D'hide chaps (black D'hide)
Snake-skin boots
Barrows gloves
Ava's accumulator
Amulet of Ranging
Archers ring
Spirit shield (no loss on range bonus using this shield compared to DFS)
Rune cross bow
150 x Ruby(e) bolts
50 x Diamond(e) bolts

Inventory

I went for the Sara brews/ super restores method. This can be easily used in a '3 drinks of brew to 1 drink of super restore' method. I also brought along a trusty War Tort who was happy enough to carry a full inventory of Sara Brew(4) with him (very nice of him!)(he can carry 18). On that note, I changed the 1 click summoning tab to 'take from BoB'. This way, you can drop empty vials and 1 click for refills from your trusty companion!

12 x Super restore(4)
14 x Sara Brew(4)
Excaliber(e) - you have to be careful if you use this, you dont want to attack him at the wrong time instead of getting some hp!
(1 empty slot for bolts)

Method

Keep away from him at all costs. When you approach him to start, have your little chat, then step back a few paces. Stay cool and calm (how can I say this, when I always mess up prayer switching with Jad!)

Start with Ruby(e) bolts and use Eagle Eye prayer. I know people say protect prayers don't work, but this way worked for me, and I didn't take as much damage as the other 5 tries, so turn on protect from magic. When you get to half your hit-points sip on a brew, and if its the third sip, take a sip of Super restore.

I cant remember exactly what he says, but when he is just about to deploy the mines or has deployed one, run to the left hand side outside of where the mines will be deployed and carry on ruby(e). If you hit one, dont worry, you will loose energy and cant run, stay calm and sip your brews.

When he starts to charge up for a big hit, run behind a pillar. He will blast the pillar instead of you, but be quick in stepping to the side to start attacking him again, if you are too slow he resets!

When he changes in to 4, just keep hitting until you get the right one. It has been written in a guide if you have auto retaliate on, you will always hit him on the second attempt. I cant verify this, I just kept ranging him.

When you are teleported to the centre, switch to diamond(e) bolts and start to range him with these before you brew up. Brew/super restore to just over your max health. You will still be attacking him with diamond(e) as you dont want to spec a ruby(e) on him when you need your health for the big hit you are about to get. You can be hit for up to your max life points -1 at this stage. Brew and super restore up then change back to ruby(e).

All the time, keep an eye on your health and maybe check your range level to make sure you have super restored correctly and your range level is normal. Drop empty vials and 1 click your BoB for more vials (the tort is really sweet because he tries to give Nomad a kicking as well!)

When he gets to the 'Enrage' stage, switch to either protect from mellee or piety and keep eagle eye on. I actually switched between the two every 30 seconds or so (piety and protect from mellee). And keep using the ruby(e) bolts on him until he is around 1/4 health then switch to diamond(e). This is the easiest stage as all you have to worry about is your health. Top up your health when needed and super restore your levels. I have not spoke about prayer levels because you should never get to the stage when you are about to run out of prayer with the amount of super restores you drink! You can risk a quick special attack with Excaliber(e) for health, but dont rely on it.

I hope you have better success using this method and I hope it works for you! Anne Bonney and Avidr Go get him!

Andy C
Last edited by Diplomatt on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Re: My Nomad Killing Guide - under construction, have to eat!

Post by onezerobin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Thank you Matt ! The hitting first with diamonds and then potting up is a very good detail .

Was your auto retaliate on all the time?

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Re: My Nomad Killing Guide

Post by Diplomatt » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:47 am

Yes Avidr. I used auto retaliate all the time, with the exception of using the special attack of Excaliber(e). I used it this about 3 times, but turned auto retaliate off so I didnt run towards him and melle him!

Keeping it on, also makes you fire a few bolts when you are brewing up whilst waiting for the 'big hit'.

Xardnor
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Xardnor

Re: My Nomad Killing Guide

Post by Xardnor » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:12 am

Thanks, Matt (Andy) !

I think I am going to try Nomad soon... I'm starting to go search for info on him so I am reading all I can on him now.