EW3 puzzle help

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

EW3 puzzle help

Post by TrixStar » Wed May 26, 2010 4:39 pm

I took this from tip it. I havent even started but maybe this will help?

Thought you guys might find this useful to add into the guide some how. Step by step puzzle solutions, don't quite match your solution images for final placement. But they work.

purple is the darker blob, pink is the lighter blob.
It is not a mistake that red and pink do not feature in any solutions, that's just how things work out.
In some solutions it may seem like a pointlessly excessive line move is being made or a block is moving in the wrong direction, do not worry, to make the solutions works sometimes you have to navigate the blank tile around a random route to avoid messing other tiles up and sometimes u have to build small lines of tiles before u move them.

Puzzle 1 (Lowering Right Corner)
C, Blue, B, Purple, C, Blue, E, Purple, C, Blue, E, Orange, F, Blue, E, Green, F, Blue, E, Purple, F, Yellow, C, Orange, F, Yellow, C, Orange, F, Yellow, D, Orange, F, Yellow, E, Blue, F, Orange, E, Blue, F, Yellow, Reset.

Puzzle 2 (The Right Hand Counter, 50 extra moves):
Blue, A, Purple, F, Blue, A, Purple, F, Blue, B, Purple, F, Blue, C, Purple, F, Blue, D, Purple, F, Blue, E, Purple, F, Blue, E, Yellow, F, Green, E, Reset.

Puzzle 3 (Lowering Left Corner):
A, Blue, B, Purple, C, Blue, A, Purple, E, Orange, B, Blue, E, Orange, B, Blue, E, Orange, B, Blue, E, Orange, B, Yellow, C, Orange, F, Yellow, B, Blue, E, Yellow, B, Blue, F, Orange, B, Purple, E, Blue, D, Purple, F, Green, E, Purple, F, Green, E, Blue, Reset.

Puzzle 4 (Left Hand Counter, Infinite moves):
Orange, A, Yellow, F, Orange, B, Yellow, F, Orange, C, Yellow, F, Orange, D, Yellow, F, Orange, E, Blue, B, Yellow, E, Purple, F, Yellow, E, Blue, F, Yellow, E, Green, F, Yellow, E, Reset.

Puzzle 5 (Lowering the Middle):
B, Orange, A, Yellow, B, Orange, F, Purple, B, Orange, D, Yellow, E, Blue, D, Purple, F, Green, E, Purple, C, Blue, E, Purple, D, Blue, E, Purple, F, Yellow, E, Purple, F, Green, E, Blue.

Puzzle 5 cont. NO RESET (Making it Spin):
C, Green, B, Purple, E, Green, F, Purple, A, Blue, E, Purple, B, Orange, F, Purple, B, Orange, F, Purple, C, Blue, E, Purple, F, Green, E, Blue, B.

Puzzle 5 cont. NO RESET (Raising the Middle):
Green, C, Blue.

The Puzzle is now finished and set-up for quick bar making, as along as you do not reset.
How to lower, recharge and raise centre again:
Green, Blue, Green, B, C, Blue.

TrixStar

Re: EW3 puzzle help

Post by TrixStar » Wed May 26, 2010 4:42 pm

Also here it is in numbers if colors throw you off.

Puzzle 1 (Lowering Right Corner)
C, 5, B, 6, C, 5, E, 6, C, 5, E, 2, F, 5, E, 4, F, 5, E, 6, F, 3, C, 2, F, 3, C, 2, F, 3, D, 2, F, 3, E, 5, F, 2, E, 5, F, 3, Reset.

Puzzle 2 (The Right Hand Counter, 50 extra moves):
5, A, 6, F, 5, A, 6, F, 5, B, 6, F, 5, C, 6, F, 5, D, 6, F, 5, E, 6, F, 5, E, 3, F, 4, E, Reset.

Puzzle 3 (Lowering Left Corner):
A, 5, B, 6, C, 5, A, 6, E, 2, B, 5, E, 2, B, 5, E, 2, B, 5, E, 2, B, 3, C, 2, F, 3, B, 5, E, 3, B, 5, F, 2, B, 6, E, 5, D, 6, F, 4, E, 6, F, 4, E, 5, Reset.

Puzzle 4 (Left Hand Counter, Infinite moves):
2, A, 3, F, 2, B, 3, F, 2, C, 3, F, 2, D, 3, F, 2, E, 5, B, 3, E, 6, F, 3, E, 5, F, 3, E, 4, F, 3, E, Reset.

Puzzle 5 (Lowering the Middle):
B, 2, A, 3, B, 2, F, 6, B, 2, D, 3, E, 5, D, 6, F, 4, E, 6, C, 5, E, 6, D, 5, E, 6, F, 3, E, 6, F, 4, E, 5.

Puzzle 5 cont. NO RESET (Making it Spin):
C, 4, B, 6, E, 4, F, 6, A, 5, E, 6, B, 2, F, 6, B, 2, F, 6, C, 5, E, 6, F, 4, E, 5, B.

Puzzle 5 cont. NO RESET (Raising the Middle):
4, C, 5.

The Puzzle is now finished and set-up for quick bar making, as along as you do not reset.
How to lower, recharge and raise centre again:
4, 5, 4, B, C, 5.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Wed May 26, 2010 4:46 pm

Thank you, Trix!

We should start a new title that contrasts with "Trouble Maker of the Week"; namely, "Saint of the Week" (or Month). I nominate Trix! :D
morituri te salutant

TrixStar

Post by TrixStar » Wed May 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Also

Levers opposite each other have same effect at any given time, which is why they match label wise. A on the top row will do the same as A on the bottom row etc.

The best way to think of it is a lever tries to make the gap line up with it. But the top/bottom levers can only slide tiles sideways. The left/right levers can only move tiles up/down.

For example in the diagram pic the empty tile is C 5.
Pulling levers 1 - 7 will make the gap move along the C row to line up with the lever.
Pulling levers A - F will make the gap move up/down the 5 column to line up with the lever.

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Wed May 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Dr Brad wrote: We should start a new title that contrasts with "Trouble Maker of the Week"; namely, "Saint of the Week" (or Month). I nominate Trix! :D
I nominate Trix too !!

I was trying to do the puzzle without guide, did steps 1-4 by myself. Struggling with the fifth one. :-L

Thank you Trix :D

blarny3
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: blarny3

Post by blarny3 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:15 pm

pFFFFFFFFT still a troublemaker...obviously I am a saint.....but ty for the help.
ImageImage

Eleus
Inactive

Post by Eleus » Wed May 26, 2010 6:10 pm

I tried this and got the first puzzle done - ie. the top RH corner dropped (saw the FMV). Then I reset and restarted the 2nd puzzle only to get a message saying 'not enough energy in the system'. So I reset and tried puzzle 2 again - nothing. Logged and tried both again/and also just doing the 2nd puzzle and even though my layout is right, the Top left corner will not drop!! What am I doing wrong??? Pulling my hair out now LOL :-L

I have done it over and over now..it's not as if it's quick either, is it!! Grr...

Draco Ea
RSN: Draco Ea

Post by Draco Ea » Wed May 26, 2010 8:38 pm

Dr Brad wrote:Thank you, Trix!

We should start a new title that contrasts with "Trouble Maker of the Week"; namely, "Saint of the Week" (or Month). I nominate Trix! :D
:evil: Hey whats wrong with the troublemaker of the week? :P

Not that i'm hereby admitting I alledgedly conditionally possibly might have deserved the title.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Draco_Ea][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose ... aco_Ea.png[/img][/url]

Mabelrose2
Inactive
RSN: Mabelrose2

Post by Mabelrose2 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:43 pm

this should help a lot.. but also dang, I hate puzzles like this lol

Anne Bonney
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Anne Bonney

Post by Anne Bonney » Wed May 26, 2010 10:58 pm

Nearly as annoying as the puzzle itself.... they give me a rather lovely new top to wear which matches absolutely nothing in my closet!!

Skimlet
Inactive
RSN: Skimmeh o_0

Post by Skimlet » Thu May 27, 2010 1:07 am

thanks trix, did the whole thing by myself, but ran outa moves, never did the second counter, with inf moves. So i used your guide, definatly worked wayyyyy faster to do the infinity counter and 5th puzzle!

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Thu May 27, 2010 3:14 am

Trix, I've followed your procedure several times but can't get it to work. The result differs from some of the images you have. Thanks, anyways. :)
morituri te salutant

TrixStar

Post by TrixStar » Thu May 27, 2010 3:16 am

Operator error probably :P :lol: i havent even started the quest so we'll see how it goes

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Thu May 27, 2010 3:23 am

Brad, I tried to walk through a friend through the 3rd puzzle. She said it does not work.

I did first four by myself, it took several hours and failed attempts since yesterday.

I failed at 5th one so many times trying to do on my own, that now I will follow Trix's guide.

Edit : Quick search in google led me to these videos for quest puzzle solutions.

TrixStar

Post by TrixStar » Thu May 27, 2010 3:55 am

It's not mine :lol: i just grabbed it off tip