Money for old Bolts! Fletching at a profit.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Money for old Bolts! Fletching at a profit.

Post by Diplomatt » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:23 am

I used to make a lot of gp using this method, but it all depends on the GE. I still keep my eye on the prices and manage to make now and again, but more importantly, its XP for nothing or a profit. Here is what you do:

Check the GE price for Dragonstones, Diamonds, Dragon bolt tips, diamond bolt tips, Runite Bolts, Addy Bolts, Dragon Bolts and Diamond bolts. Sometimes the uncuts are cheaper than the cuts.

Divide the cost of a stone by 12 and compare to the cost of 1 bolt tip. (if you can buy 12 bolt tips for cheaper than the cost of a stone, you start to make a little already, but bolt tips can be hard to buy)

Add the price of 1 bolt tip to its relevant bolt and compare to the GE price for the completed bolt. If you can make 100gp per bolt, its not bad, 1.2k per stone. Make them and sell.

I have been through stages where I was buying 200-400 Dragonstones at a time, making bolts and selling on the GE so fast, I couldn't keep up with the demand! As soon as the Dragonstones price starts to drop, this method works well.

You can even go into the (e) market by adding the price of the runes you need and dividing by 10 then adding it to your price of a completed bolt and comparing to the GE price of a (e)bolt.

Sometimes, you can just buy Onyx Bolt tips, add them to runite bolts and sell for profit, but since the game doesn't drop Onyx tips as much as it used to, it gets harder to buy them.

If I am ingame and I see any of these methods will work, I will give a call on the clan chat

Pilgrim Matt
(Andy)

Mabelrose2
Inactive
RSN: Mabelrose2

Re: Money for old Bolts! Fletching at a profit.

Post by Mabelrose2 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:59 am

I made a mint way back when.. I killed Avians for addy bars, made diamond e-bolts...
but it was when diamonds were about 6-7k each...

gotta do the math but can be profitable.. back then it was always better profit to sell as e(enchanted) bolts.. even buying all runes... but havent checked recently

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Will check that one out!

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:57 pm

I didn't get as fancy with all that bolt tipping and enchanting, but I did do bolt creation for a while (mostly addy), and found that it was vertually free xp with no additional expenses. Bolts of any kind sell very well on the GE. (Or at least they did when I fletched them a while back.)