Summer's End quick tip

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

serame
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Serame

Summer's End quick tip

Post by serame » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:32 am

So once again my little Runescape self surprised me by deciding it was time to finish Summer's End...and to finish off the beast I first ran screaming from six months ago.

I had heard the middle cave was the worst...but I found it to be the easiest. Took me less than two minutes.

In my typically cowardly way, I hovered near the entrance to the middle cave with a load of shark and my shovel, ready to dash back out at the first threat to my nice shoes. When the beast quickly released the first core, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the beast stopped attacking. I was also surprised to see that I was being attacked now by the core, even tho it was kind of like being buzzed by a mosquito. When I dashed back out of the entrance to calm down, the core just waited for me. I ate my shark, ran back in and dug at the hole nearest the entrance, and the core jumped in. It was great. Just let the core attack you, it's not bad at all. Run back and forth near the entrance (like you did in the first room) till the core is released, duck out the entrance, eat, run back in and dig a hole at your leisure, because the beast will not attack you while the core is on the ground. Voila, you are done. I had enough shark left to head straight to the third cave.

First and third caves, you are on your own. ~:> Timing is everything. Salmoneus.net has a great Summer's End guide for the first room. Third room is different because the beast's attacks are different, and not so bad. I just died once in the third room. Again, just duck back into the second room to rest and refresh. The beast will be waiting for you at the same point you left. And if you die, just use your games necklace to get back quickly to the portal at the farm where all of your sharks and stuff are waiting for you, and the ring in the rubble next to it. Very cool.

I bet a lot of you already knew this, but if you didn't, hope this helps. Scary quest. But if I can do it, so can you. ;) And thanks, Beef, for the encouragement during the quest! :)

Roserey
Inactive
RSN: Roserey7

Re: Summer's End quick tip

Post by Roserey » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:19 am

Wow, congrats for the completed a quest! :) I started this quest long time ago. Thanks for the nice tip and I will try again with steady connection. ~:>

RedFalling
RSN: Redfalling

Post by RedFalling » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:56 am

having recently done this quest, I found that the first room was by far the hardest. The 2nd and 3rd were actually kinda easy in contrast. Also, if you die, just use a games necklace to tele to clan wars, and run to the farm. Your gravestone will be at the portal to the spirit realm. So the risk of loosing something is less because of this.
[color=#BF0000]A member of KoA since:[/color] [color=#FF0000]A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...[/color]

[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/log/dragon/male/ ... alling.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Redfalling][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/water/7_ ... alling.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu26 ... Oly3rd.gif[/img]

Secesh
Inactive
RSN: Secesh

Post by Secesh » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Finally completed this after about 40 deaths on the first room. :P, Guides all said to build all the pyres in the first room, before lighting. That just didn't work for me so I did it one at a time with success and only one death. The last two rooms are much easier :) IMHO

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Post by magerpainz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Gratz Secesh!
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Thanks for the info - when I get enough courage up I'll do what u suggest, lol..... :P
ImageImage

Aero
RSN: Aero of Koa

Post by Aero » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:00 am

Grats Serame! I found this quest hard when i did it as well. Very good tips!

Imp334
Inactive
RSN: Sqwire

Post by Imp334 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:57 am

I was scared to do this quest for a long time too
You seem to have done pretty well on it though, I spent most of my time running in circles XD
Proud Owner of the Quest Point Cape