Nomad video

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Kofal
Inactive
RSN: Kof JollyElf

Nomad video

Post by Kofal » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:25 am

This video really helped me a lot. After 5 deaths I finally killed that jerk Nomad. I kept auto retal off and when he turns into 4 Nomads, I just stayed hidden behind the pillar and potted up. He eventually turns back into 1 Nomad and the fight is back on.

Wow what a hard friggin fight!

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzf-EPL2Gbg

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Re: Nomad video

Post by Lady in Ice » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:41 am

Congratz!

It wasn´t an easy fight but I personally enjoyed it :D

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:43 pm

Grats!

Biggest help for me was dodging the "75" attack.
After he places mines do about 6 0r 7 whip attacks, walk out south through opening in mines and run behind pillar.

Kofal
Inactive
RSN: Kof JollyElf

Post by Kofal » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:43 pm

I agree Kale, I enjoyed the challenge :) Would like to be able to go back like we can fight Bork. Kill him for some zeal or something once a week.

du lac46
Inactive
RSN: du lac46

Post by du lac46 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Did beat nomad this A.M.

I used a slightly different method. First I used a bgs spec on him. If it failed to hit I would go hide behind a pillar until I could log out, restock and retry. After the bgs spec I went straight behind the pillar making him run over, then step aside the pillar to fight with range. Doing this makes the mines and 75 very easy to dodge. When he clones, I hid behind the pillar the whole time and used the 20 secs or so to heal, restore and exchange with tortoise. ON the big -1 hit I would be careful to switch to onyx bolts as I burned myself using ruby e once. A soon as he hit it was back to my spot. Once he says "enough..." I went out on the dance floor and boogied with him until the end with the bgs on auto retaliate (which was off previously), concentrating mostly on maintaining health. Be careful of hiding, when he says face me you have to face him or he will regenerate.

I used curse prayers, the highest I could.

Equipment: full armadyl, elemental shield, rune c bow, onyx bolts, ruby e bolts, bgs, archer ring, ranger boots, ava's accumulator, war tortoise with 4 rocktail and the rest mix of sara brews, super restores and regular restores. Died 12 times, spent about 2 mill fighting him.

It was only in the last 3 outings that I used the trick of logging out. You are looking for a fight where you are hitting decently and he is not hitting you badly, with experience, I could tell if I was going to get somewhere or it was a lost cause.

Tip: when interfacing with the B.O.B. (tortoise for me) from the safe spot, use the call button from the summoning interface so it comes to you - if you don't you can be drawn out of cover even though it looks like it's right beside you.

I am sure you will do better

Du Lac46

PS At times I cursed Jagex, but I look at players with the quest skill cape with more respect now. I think it was a good move to make the quest skill cape harder to get.
Last edited by du lac46 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Du, what are your CB stats?
morituri te salutant

du lac46
Inactive
RSN: du lac46

Post by du lac46 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:28 pm

LOL Brad, tried cutting and pasting my stats like you do with no luck.

My stats are CB: 130
ATT: 94
STR: 99
DEF: 94
HP: 98
MGE: 85
RNG: 90
PRY: 79
SUM: 83

Du

BTW going on vacation next week so won't be on, also, poor internet at home reducing my playing time.

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Kofal wrote:I agree Kale, I enjoyed the challenge :) Would like to be able to go back like we can fight Bork. Kill him for some zeal or something once a week.
I LOVE this idea!!!

and Grats Du!