Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

PhelimReagh
Inactive
RSN: Sean na Gael

Champion Iron Mining

Post by PhelimReagh » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:03 pm

*** Will Add Graphics When I Can ***

Champion Iron Mining
This is a not-so-terrible method for mining Iron ores if you're planning on keeping the ores. It is a bit faster than any other method I've heard of, but the tradeoff is making use of teleportation jewelry, some of which is rechargeable, while some isn't.

Step 1 - Equip Yourself
1.1 - Varrock Armor (for double ores!)
1.2 - Fully Charged Amulet of Glory (for increased chance of gems)
1.3 - Mining Pick (should go without saying, but...)
1.4 - Ring of Dueling (8), and have more Ring of Dueling (8)s in the bank
1.5 - Combat Bracelet (4), and have more Combat Bracelet (4)s in the bank
1.6 - Your best Beast of Burden Summoning familiar (optional but recommended)

Step 2 - Tele to Champions Guild
Operate the above-mentioned Combat Bracelets, and choose the "Champions Guild" option. This will take you outside the door of the Champions Guild, only a click away from the south-west Varrock mines.

Step 3 - Mine the Silver and the the Iron
There are three (3) Silver and two (2) Iron rocks at the southern end of the mining area. Mine the Silver first, then stand in between the Iron rocks and mine back and forth until the Silver respawns.

Step 4 - Ring of Dueling to Castlewars to Bank
Operate the Ring of Dueling mentioned in Step 1, and select the "Castlewars" option. Teleporting to the lobby of Castlewars Arena, bank the ores and gems carried by both you and your familiar. Keep an eye on charges left on your Ring of Dueling and Combat Bracelet. If you they're out, you'll need to get a new one at this point! Once ready, go back up to Step 2 and repeat this entire process over and over.

Tips and Tricks
  • When your Ring of Dueling (8)s eventually become a Ring of Dueling (1)s, don't use up the last tele. Instead, bank the Ring of Dueling (1)s for high alchemy later. You get the same amount as any other Ruby Ring, but you've gotten 7 of 8 teleports out of it as well (the same goes for Digsite Pendants and Games Necklaces).
  • Sometimes the Iron rocks spawns a bit slowly, so I sometimes run to one of the nearby tin nodes and just hammer away to keep busy and get a bit more XP. Remember to drop those tin, though. Who needs 'em?
  • Keep an ear out on some of the Star Finding Clan Chats for stars falling in Misthalin. Find one of the worlds that has one due, and mine in that world. The Varrock west mine is a location for Starfalls!
  • Even if you don't have access to the Legends Guild to recharge your Combat Bracelets, you can always find a friend to do it for you. I usually have about 50 Combat Bracelets in my bank for this specific purpose (to help lower-level folks trade uncharged for charged).
[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/stat/leaves/male ... a_Gael.png[/img][/url]
[size=85]I'm bitter that Jagex has spent $50+ million of RS subscriptions developing other games instead of improving RS. If you're reading one of my posts and I even allude to Dungeoneering as a "skill" instead of minigame, keep that in mind.[/size]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Re: Champion Iron Mining

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Thanks for the guide, Sean!
morituri te salutant