Short guide on fast xp methods

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Re: Short guide on fast xp methods

Post by Dr Brad » Fri May 14, 2010 10:46 pm

It's good to see you, my friend! Have you done the new quest? It's a good one. That'll have you with us for a few hours. :D
morituri te salutant

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Fri May 14, 2010 11:45 pm

Hid wrote:Funny to see this lol

Actually I already moved on again from WoW. I trained a character to level 80, doing 1.7k quests or so, and found out that all you do after reaching level 80 is dungeons, dungeons and more dungeons. I grew bored of it, like I do with almost every single game there is atm. Most games can't even keep my attention for one day. I would like to come back to Runescape, but I have no idea what to do then, seeing I really hate Dungeoneering, and I don't need any experience in any other skill. Guess I got to do some thinking to come up with other goals than maxing out sigh

Wish I could meet you in Combat Arms, Sent, but you play on the american server and I am on the european server. I would have loved to see you pull out the minigun while running away for my big guns ;)

Btw, anyone knows a good online game besides Runescape? :)
lord of the rings online? Everquest2? Not sure if you like starcraft but starcrat 2 is coming soon if not already out

Seibatsu
Inactive
RSN: Seibatsu

Post by Seibatsu » Mon May 31, 2010 2:05 pm

Awesome guide

Draco Ea
RSN: Draco Ea

Post by Draco Ea » Mon May 31, 2010 4:24 pm

Hmm for construction i'd say maho tables in dining room are fastest with clay hammers.
just take some hammers (6-8 ish), a saw and all the planks u can carry, then keep sending the buttler for more when u are down to 1-2 tables worth of planks, he'll give u all u can take and stand right next to u till u can take the rest, when he's "empty" just send him for more rinse, repeat...
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Draco_Ea][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose ... aco_Ea.png[/img][/url]

Crissy88
Inactive
RSN: crissy88

Post by Crissy88 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:58 am

thanks this was very useful! except i hate that stealing creation game...

gk willie
Inactive
RSN: gk willie

Post by gk willie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:48 pm

I'm going to give the oak larders a try to get from 55 onctruction to 68 to get to the Love Story quest. I guess I need to figure out how that butler thing works too. Thanks for the tips.

GrandmasterH
RSN: GrandMasterH

Post by GrandmasterH » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:24 pm

ill add something to the herblore section: if you really dont feel like spending any money and desperate for a quick herb exp. solo half a dung by urself and use all the gold you get for seeds and make pots in there. i got about 20k ~35k exp an hour doing that.(cant remember exactly how much, think ill do it again another day and post the result)

advices:
- most of the time there should be a farm patch 1~2 rooms away from base, if there isnt just rc some cosmics, drop gatekey(playermade) in base, and ggs in the room with the farm patch. that way instead of slow home tele, u can just warp to base, and then take portal to ggs for faster access to farm patch.
- if your only a few levels away from making the next potion, invest in a sagewort seed, that should get u about 5 weak naturalists potions. which boosts ur herblore up to the level you need to make the next potion: that should give u 10~20 xp more exp per potion you make.
- if you are running low on gold just sell some of the pots u made earlier, your not ganna use them anyway. this will keep u going for at least another 10~15 minutes longer. (obvious but might as well point it out)
- learn to use the resources around the dungeon to your advantage, found katagon ore? mine it and smith it: that can sell for a good 20k or so gold. thats good for another 10 potions.

warning: making dung pots will feel extremely slow, and is quite boring.

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:11 am

Mining: It isn't as good as using a Clay Pickaxe, but using a Dragon pickaxe, Lava Titan and high-alching the gold ores as you mine them one can gain ~55k mining exp/h and ~30-35k magic exp/h. I'd only recommend if you don't want/need smithing exp though.

EDIT: Using LOW ALCHEMY instead of high alchemy changes it to ~65-70k mining exp/h and ~30-35k magic exp/h.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

pariah
Inactive
RSN: road kill xd

Post by pariah » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:42 pm

oh quick lil note, a good spot for getting charms other then the waterfiends thing is the chaos tunnel to the west of stealing creation( SC), you can pop down into a moss giant room, you can also train there, you dont really need food and when ur inventory is full, pop out and walk to SC and bank there and go back =D, fire giants are to the south most portal aswell, good spot to train up some melee's if you dont mind being alone, also good for slayer tasks. a quick way to get to SC is games neckalce to wild volcano.

edit: just noticed the wiki was wrong about games neckalaces, anyways yeah sorry about the confusion lolz i dont really do summoning so.
Last edited by pariah on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i hate quests more then arachnophob's hate spiders,

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:33 pm

Sorry, but what's the connection between summoning and moss giants in the chaos tunnels?
morituri te salutant

pariah
Inactive
RSN: road kill xd

Post by pariah » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:44 pm

oh lol after reading my post i can see how anyone would get confused lolz ops ill edit that really quickly
i hate quests more then arachnophob's hate spiders,

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Making more sense with your edit...

Now for "waterlisks"...do you mean waterfiends?
morituri te salutant

Philoz 494
RSN: Bao Cong

Post by Philoz 494 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Thank you for guide, really helpful :)

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:29 am

Bump

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Post by magerpainz » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:40 pm

Without doing an extensive number crunch, it appears that most herb xp costs approximately 20gp/exp.on a wide avg. after selling the potions. Recently I have found that making harralander tar costs about 10gp/exp after selling it back on the ge.
Anyone with any better methods? Have been doing a lot of herbal habitat as well.
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!