Short guide on fast xp methods

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Re: Short guide on fast xp methods

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:14 am

magerpainz wrote:Without doing an extensive number crunch, it appears that most herb xp costs approximately 20gp/exp.on a wide avg. after selling the potions. Recently I have found that making harralander tar costs about 10gp/exp after selling it back on the ge.
Anyone with any better methods? Have been doing a lot of herbal habitat as well.
Cleaning herbs with mousekeys is ok exp/h and often profits. I use this spreadsheet for all my exp/h and gp/exp figures (it updates daily). https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... l=en#gid=0
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:34 pm

A new development on fast fishing experience: Dungeoneering.

Setting the complexity to two and solo rushing results in experience gains from 60k/h (at level 80) to 100k-120k/h (in the mid-high 90's).

Best method of C2 fishing (as far as I know anyways):
1. At the start of the floor sell one of the armor pieces and buy a fishing rod and 250 feathers.
2. Rush normally, stopping to fish all spots.
3. Instead of dropping, when your inventory is full log to the lobby and log back in. You won't leave the dungeon and will have dropped your inventory when you logged back in. Pick up your rod and feathers and get back to fishing.

If this stays as it is (faster fishing rates came with the dungeoneering patches this week), even for just fishing experience you're better off c2 rushing/fishing all your dungeoneering floors. If you're like me and need to rush lower floors just to reset it gives even more reason to c2 fish.

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:03 am

new rocktail method about 465k p/h

Cooking Rocktails with Urns 3 Ticks Method
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeAnidhKZzE

Sir_skate420
RSN: Sir_skate420

Post by Sir_skate420 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:07 am

little late reading this but thanks for the tips

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:35 am

Dave wrote:A new development on fast fishing experience: Dungeoneering.

Setting the complexity to two and solo rushing results in experience gains from 60k/h (at level 80) to 100k-120k/h (in the mid-high 90's).

Best method of C2 fishing (as far as I know anyways):
1. At the start of the floor sell one of the armor pieces and buy a fishing rod and 250 feathers.
2. Rush normally, stopping to fish all spots.
3. Instead of dropping, when your inventory is full log to the lobby and log back in. You won't leave the dungeon and will have dropped your inventory when you logged back in. Pick up your rod and feathers and get back to fishing.

If this stays as it is (faster fishing rates came with the dungeoneering patches this week), even for just fishing experience you're better off c2 rushing/fishing all your dungeoneering floors. If you're like me and need to rush lower floors just to reset it gives even more reason to c2 fish.
I heard this was nerfed after todays update...I haven't tested it though

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:55 am

That was nerfed about one week after it was found out, now you get ~75% what you used to get. It still beats C1 rushing 1-35 though. I think you'd need to get less than 30k fishing exp/h for C1 rushing to be more worth your time than C2 fishing your low floors.

big thugn
RSN: Dr Melic

Post by big thugn » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Thank for this post. This awnsers alot of nooby questions I had. Now to find a dungenering guide I can understand.

Dr. Melic
PHD(Googleoligy)