Did You Know ..... II

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

beefeater555
RSN: UNCLE LER0Y

Did You Know ..... II

Post by beefeater555 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:08 am

This was not really what the original post was meant for but it is applicable.

Did you know that even if you have already used 10K Red Chins on Skeletons in the dungeon under Ape Atoll you must stay ever vigilant?
Did you know that if you accidently stand on one of the poison spike tiles that while you will not be poisoned since you drank super ati-poison coming into the dungeon, you will die within 30 seconds from the 4 damage you take from every hit.
Did you know that if you have the best tombstone (lasts 5 minutes) you can easily make it back into the dungeon.
Did you know that even if you make it back into the dungeon you can still not find your tombstone before you run out of hp and are forced to tele out.
Did you know that when you die there is a counter in the middle right of the screen counting down the time left before your tombstone disappears?
Did you know that if you tele out, you still have enough time to go back a second time to find your tombstone? This info is thanks to the newly found tombstone timer in the screen!
Did you know that as you are rushing back to your tombstone for the 2nd time you can be wisked away to enjoy a random event?
Did you know that as you are enjoying said random event you can easily watch the tombstone timer counting down?
Did you know that when you are finally released from the random event and placed back on the shore of Ape Atoll with less than 50 seconds left you know you are screwed and all your items are lost?
Did you know that if you continue on at this point hoping for a miracle you are an optomist?
Did you know that with less than 30 seconds left on your tombstone the odds of someone coming by are huge, especially since it took a while to find a world that was this empty?
Did you know that with less than 30 seconds left on your tombstone the odds of someone coming by and actually blessing your tombstone are astronomical?
Did you know that Ranger Boots and Unholy Book (in the eyes of Jagex) are worth less than some pieces of Void Knight Armor?
Did you know that with less than 30 seconds left on your tombstone and someone actually blessing your tombstone and you actually making it there and getting your stuff back, that the Red Chins, you had on you, had already disappeared when you died, even though there was 4K of them?
Did you know that I almost quit Runescape?
Did you know that there are players out there that will bless random peoples graves just for the "GP" (General Principle) and those players make all the difference in the world? (several of us clan members were talking specifically about this exact situatuion the other day and here is a prime example of it)

Did you know that the person that blessed my grave was quite gracious and I lavished them with thanks for doing so?

FYI - Did you know that the recent "update" changed the way you hunt Red Chins? Now if you click more than once on a box trap in your invo, your character will make the same sound effects and go through the same antimation as if it were actually "setting the trap" but in the end will only drop the box trap on the ground instead of "setting it". Grrrrrrrrrrrrr..............

I now have 400 Red Chins, only 3600 more to go to get back to "even" - Have A Nice Day :)

kodirodio
Inactive
RSN: Kodirodio

Re: Did You Know ..... II

Post by kodirodio » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:00 am

Oh Beef!

Geve
Inactive
RSN: Geve0

Post by Geve » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:09 am

At first i was baffled by this post Beefy, but i now realise you were describing a series of unfortunate mishaps that you experienced in game! So so so sorry hun :-O

*hugs*

du lac46
Inactive
RSN: du lac46

Post by du lac46 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:45 am

Did you also know that if u r a low level agility like me and did not want to have the bank space taken by an extra dusty key that u will not have the time to get back into the Taverly dungeon and get ur guthan's and fury back.

Yes, I've had this experience more than once.

I bless any grave I come across.

And one occasion have had someone bless mine when for some reason in Morytania slayer tower I was killed by Abberant spectres even though I was praying protect mage and had my slayer helm on.

valtrax
Inactive
RSN: Poetic Slays

Post by valtrax » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:05 pm

I like the post, beefs series of unfortunate events and bugs. Think we have all had it happen

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:39 am

oh, sry to hear, Beefy.. :-(

I found it out myself hard way that if you die then chins just " run away"... This is why I never take more than 1k chins with me.

btw- you can get a new free unholy book in the lighthouse. ( just in case someone does not know that)

Takuna
Inactive
RSN: Takuna Nuva

Post by Takuna » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:33 am

Yeah, you can get your book back free. I like to take my book to dangerous places for that reason. :P

But dang. Yeah, that really sucks. But hey, at least the random event came to comfort you...

They really need to make randoms optional... It's not like an autobot would know what to do...
The more cheese you have, the more holes you have.
And the more holes you have, the less cheese you have.
Therefore, the more cheese you have, the less cheese you have.
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

Lawidget
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: La Widget

Post by Lawidget » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:43 pm

OH wow. I always "bless graves". Sorry you had such an unpleasant "series of unfortunate events". "HUGS"

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Sorry for the rough time, Beef. Remember, what doesn't kill makes you stronger...and happy for not dying. :P