Hunting red chins tips

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Hunting red chins tips

Post by Hid » Sun May 31, 2009 7:39 am

Hunting red chins tips

As we all know, hunting red chinchompas is the best possible hunting xp per hour. The only annyoing thing about it is, that all good spots are always taken and people are constantly trying to steal your spot.

In the last weeks, that I've been hunting, I finally found a very quiet spot, where I can get between 300 and 350 chins per hour (80k-100k xp). The spot was always empty and not one person has even tried to steal it in over 15 hours of hunting. The chins per hour is based on 80+ hunting btw.

The spot is one of the newer ones:

The best method in my opinion is to focus on one spot on a full (or almost full) world. The respawn rate is very fast, just 2 or 3 seconds, and if you corner the chin with your traps, it keeps on running in them all the time. In case the chin runs away from your trap, just range and kill it (put attack method on longrange attack, it keeps you from running too much after it). It respawns in between your traps again.

This is the way I put up my traps:

I advise to take a hunting familiar with you, like for example polarbear, spirit larupia or wolpertinger, and of course wear the proper hunting outfit.

Outfit I use:

Not much else that can be said about hunting red chins. The rest is just basics and should be known by everyone.

I hope this information helps and good luck with more peaceful hunting.

I put this under the guides-section on homepage too, but it doesn't show up there.
KoA achievements

jdo87
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Jdo87

Re: Hunting red chins tips

Post by jdo87 » Sun May 31, 2009 5:03 pm

tis a good tip, this spot was added after i got 99, but i will definitely remember it if im low on cash :P

4815th person to 99 Hunter
Quest Point cape earned 5/6/2009, regained 9/11/2020

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Re: Hunting red chins tips

Post by Dr Brad » Sun May 31, 2009 10:04 pm

Thanks for the guide, Hid! Great stuff.
morituri te salutant