swift kit

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Kaye
RSN: Kayezz

Re: swift kit

Post by Kaye » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:41 pm

as I said it was to my understanding ,
one of our members, Abuthen, had actually helped this Stryder fellow with some of the 'swift' development in some way or another; and had told me Gower approved of it;
but, I suppose that could be inaccurate as well
~ sorry if it is :oops:

elvyra_slay
Inactive
RSN: msy_Saints

Post by elvyra_slay » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:41 pm

There are no longer any unfair advantages in Swiftkit and it conforms to all rs rules. I just went through the complete checklist for 3rd part software and the only potential problem I saw was that IRC uses gold and silver stars next to op ranks. That could cause a problem if a crapload of ppl started saying "jagex mod or game mod told me so in sk!!" which is probably why Jagex does state not to use the star rankings. OTOH, the SK culture doesnt tend to come from that crowd. I will continue to use it with confidence but I can understand why some folks would decide not to do so.

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:04 pm

Ya there's no way I would risk my account and all the time i've put into with something I don't trust. It's legit.

Abuthen
Inactive
RSN: Abuthen

Post by Abuthen » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:12 am

Deep_Pain wrote: I'm not so sure this is true, it is as you say no longer bannable program, however they advise against using any 3rd party software to play the game, in effect, this would mean they advise against using firefox etc i guess, and to only use their applet.

Also swiftswitch was against the rules and a bannable offense for a long period, so I would be surprised if either Gower supported "swift" software, would seem strange as swiftswitch broke the rules, maybe they supported (or pushed) swift to make changes to remove the unfair advantages and the bypassing of navigation so it no longer broke the rules.
To give you guys a bit of history .. SwiftSwitch was frowned upon as it "switched" worlds.
When I told Stryder that RS had launched its own "switcher", Stryder switched tracks and dropped quick links to worlds. and moved the stats to the right hand side. (i mocked up a screen for him)

Since then, although Jagex still frowned on it, Stryder took pains to make it conform to Jagex's requirements. It now loaded RS's own webpage to launch the RS world select and login.
I think Stryder actually was the first to make contact with Jagex to resolve anything that would be non-conforming and though Jagex will NOT come out and "support" or "approve" a 3rd party - we believe we had a tacit "blessing" of some sort.

To date, SK is basically a browser container - it still uses your own browser (IE) in the container, and marked out areas where you could load useful tools, calculators, notepads, calculators. Much the same if you had launched a few applications yourself. It added to ability to "expand" as RS also improved this area with their Hi rez improvements.
Because of Stryder's links with Zybez, it has neatly integrated the databases from them, and if you noticed, this went through an improvement recently.

Note that I am not part of the development team and just one of the users who give feedback to the team now and then. Stryder had actually stopped developing back in the SwiftKit days cos he had stopped playing. But he felt the need to support the users as the transitions of RS and SK changed.
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"

TheBigFo
Inactive
RSN: Stacked Team

Post by TheBigFo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:17 am

I used swift switch since it's inception and had moved on to swift kit when they stopped updating the links for SS. Does KoA have an irc channel, or no?

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:19 am

TheBigFo wrote:I used swift switch since it's inception and had moved on to swift kit when they stopped updating the links for SS. Does KoA have an irc channel, or no?
I don't believe we do, though Trix did set one up (#Trixstar) and I'll be using it until we get one.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Post by Hid » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:05 am

KoA doesn't have an IRC channel, and we don't plan to make one either.
KoA achievements

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:49 pm

I stayed away from naming it KoA or anything having to due with the clan. Anyone is free to use it though.

Son_Of_Judas
Inactive
RSN: Son Of Judas

Post by Son_Of_Judas » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:37 pm

I used to use SK, but I prefer full screen playing over the lil faster lookup of things :)