Some help for a returning player

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Luv_Shack
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Luv Shack

Some help for a returning player

Post by Luv_Shack » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:34 pm

So I've recently joined the rs3 community again and I have a little over 100m gp. I currently have 95 pray 99 herb and I'm saving summoning for dxp weekend. My gear sets are sub with staff of light, bandos with drygores, and Arma with arma crossbow. What would you guys recommend buying gear wise if I wanted to start bossing and still have good PVM slayer gear? Any tips are truly appreciated I'm just so behind on gear now that I dont know what's worthwhile investing in.

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Re: Some help for a returning player

Post by Twirlindana » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:53 pm

I personally use virtus, torva and pernix armours because they don't turn to dust and can be repaired instead. They aren't cheap, about 60-70m gp for each full set. Malevolent (melee) and sirenic (ranged) armours are actually cheapier but they turn to dust after 100k hits (hmm maybe I should think about buying at least malevolent considering I mostly use melee :p). I see no point in buying tectonic armour (magic), unless you are going to do some serious bossing.
I also have superior pop armour but it takes time to get and it's tank armour.

Speaking of weapons, I tend to spend a lot on them, so I don't think I can give you any useful advice. 😜
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

Ilmondo
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Ilmondo

Post by Ilmondo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:52 pm

Twirl can't you augment Mal? So that it never degrades?

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Post by Twirlindana » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Ilmondo wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:52 pm
Twirl can't you augment Mal? So that it never degrades?
You can augment it but it still has 100k hits.
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

ArchmageEra
Event Team
Event Team
RSN: Mr Era
RSN2: Mini Era
RSN3: Tiny Era

Post by ArchmageEra » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:49 pm

I highly suggest looking at the t87 bow decimation and the t87 staff obliteration. Bow is about 32m and staff is about 29m.

Also, an alternative to malevolent, sirenic and tectonic is the superior ancient warrior sets Statius for melee, Zuriel for magic and Morrigan for range. The superior versions are t88. They work the same as the top armour, with degrading to dust, but are cheaper. Augmenting them is also a great idea. For cost, full ststius is 2.5m (helm, body, legs), and then 3 equipment patches to upgrade them would be 16m (malevolent is 22m) . Zuriels is 25m (tectonic is 104m) and morrigans is 5m (sirenic is 19m. Sirenic is currently cheaper than superior morrigans)

Getting inventon unlocked as soon as possible is also highly recommended.
Mr Era
Mini Era
Tiny Era