Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Re: Ripper demon video guide

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:36 pm

From RSOF:
D4 BE45T wrote:Rippers for Newbies

Do you feel like no matter how hard you try, it seems all you do is fall flat on your face?

Do you feel like throwing your computer monitor out the window after repeated failures?

Were you assigned Ripper Demons?

If so, have no fear- D4 is here!

For just the low, low price of reading this thread, you'll become a pro at destroying these pathetic excuses in no time!

First! change your outfit. It clashes with the interface.

Here is what D4 used to anNIHILate these Chtonians back into Infernus. Maybe you can try Melee yourself? Guaranteed to send them back or I'll refund your time spent reading by crying in a corner until satisfied.

Penance Aura
Superior Scrimshaw of Vampyrism (regular will work, but it'll cost ya!)
Full Slayer Helmet
Superior Tetsu Plate and Legs
Darklight with offhand Drygore Mace
Steadfast Boots
Ring of Death (for the noob in all of us who don't want to see that skeleton known as Death)
Blood Amulet of Fury
Tirranwn Quiver 4
aaaaaaand to top it all off: Goliath Gloves.

For the familiar? Pah, you don't need no stinkin' Yak (pun totally intended). You can get along juuuuuuust fine with an Iron/Steel Titan (their might will not only help you smite these unworthy challengers, but it will also help protect you from their useless attempts at killing you)

Now, onto the inventory: Y'all gonna need Excalibur and Holy Overload+ or you're going to have a bad time. Coupla super restores here, a super prayer there, Cavefish+ everywhere, and for the cherry on top: Scrolls to augment your chosen titan's fury onto these puny Chtonians.

Da good st00f now: The Demons themselves.

First! Pray Melee, unless you want these Demons to *RIP* you a new one.

Second! If you see them jump, run away like the Pest Queen! They'll kill ya if ya don't

Third! When ya wipe them from their miserable existence, they'll flail around. Run! Otherwise, you'll get hit hard and da other demons will be like "free food yo" and pile ya!

Thanks for tuning in, everyone!
More here: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/f ... 4,65706435
morituri te salutant

Aerumnous
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Aerumnous

Post by Aerumnous » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:48 am

Thanks for the guides Brad!

I definitely found melee better when I was testing them out on release. Looks like I need to do that Disaster quest for a better darklight!

I went with power armour but tetsu makes a lot of sense.
ImageImage

Beer Mug USA
RSN: Beer Mug

Post by Beer Mug USA » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:20 am

Good guide! Only thing I do differently than stated is I used bandos instead of Tetsu >_> mainly because...well, i don't have Tetsu! lol. Definitely gets easier every time you get a ripper task though, practice makes perfect.

Aerumnous
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Aerumnous

Post by Aerumnous » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:31 am

I got another ripper task, did the darklight improving quest and gave that set up a go minus goliath gloves. Also I use sharks cause I'm cheap.

The blood necklace is really nice there. I haven't used it much since it was nerfed. I tried a steel titan and it ended up dying.

I couldn't stay the whole task and had to bank. I then got a yak and got to 3 left then died whilst checking a text...

I think if I focus more on debilitation, devotion and last hitting with sacrifice I could get through a task without banking, although I'll probably be insta-killed before then.

They are fun, but the constant concentration to not be one hit killed isn't feeling worth it for pretty mediocre drops. At least with wyverns you can let your eyes wander.
ImageImage