Living wyvern video guide

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Living wyvern video guide

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:05 pm

This guide recommends melee even though living wyverns are weak to fire spells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86X9R67qkYs

Eating rocktails like popcorn....chomp, chomp
morituri te salutant

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Re: Living wyvern video guide

Post by Twirlindana » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:18 pm

I tried them out yesterday. I used magic at melee distance but I'll try meleeing them on the next task.
They went down pretty fast but so did I and it is not a good idea having more than one of them on you at the same time. :p
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Re: Living wyvern video guide

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Posted to the RS HLF:
Luke wrote:The method that has worked best for me is finding one or two in a corner near a fire and using melee.

When you're in melee distance that rarely use breath and you can just pray soulsplit/turmoil for a pretty easy kill.

You can take this a step further by using a vamp scrimshaw and vamp aura as well as an amulet of the souls and you literally use no food at all.

Just run back to the fire in between kills so you don't get too cold as those stuns are very annoying. "Freedom and anticipation does work"

http://puu.sh/l7n5d/2482c91739.png
Arc Hale wrote:...when you get to freezing, run around the boulder (located in the southwest area), and they walk to try to get around it to attack you, then run back north or whatever and camp near the fire while killing them....

...Warm: 500+ poison damage, ~2k max from the wyvern, no ice/very little ice on screen.

Cold: 100-300 poison damage, ~2.7k max from the wyvern, some ice on screen

Freezing: unsure about the poison damage, unsure about wyvern damage, screen completely iced over, and being stunned every 3 seconds.

Otherwise, just melee and then lure them to the fire to warm up, but keep yourself cold
and they're easy.
Aodude wrote:My setup: Full Seasinger, Siesmic Wand, Malv Shield, Silverhawks, Deathtouched, ROD, Souls, Holy Wrench. w/Legendary Pet configured to scavenge/bob (forgot/didn't need aura)

Supplies: 2 Sup Salves (just because that is what I have right now, could do it differently), 2 Super Prayer Flasks, 2 Rocktails, Portent of Life, EEE, Spring Cleaner, Fire/Blood Runes, half a yak with rocks/brews.

Strategy: from the rope looking into the cavern, there is a fire spot directly to the right. I stayed just to the right of that fire. (1 square to warm/2 squares to cool) that way you are only dealing with 1 spawn and only occasionally a second spawn. I always kept myself so cold as not to take any poison damage, yet not so cold as I get stun locked.

My abilities rotated around stun locking the wyverns, and resing->reflecting. Praying SS the whole time. Doing this I was able to camp these at full health for an hour without banking (only because I didn't want my bob to drop my loot/bones). In reality, had I brought another yak pouch I could have stayed for at least the 12mins of my remaining salve doses. At the end of the hour I still had half of my food left too as I only used it as an emergency option.
Audkyrie wrote:i'd not recommend shield camping them like some are saying. you can bank pretty fast with a hoardstalker ring (bring some scrolls to bank it after you tele, as it disappears on death which can be quite annoying) and it's a lot faster to just kill them primarily using dual wield. i use tectonic, seis, att insignia, invigourate aura, and a merc shield to swap to. i get ~200 kph and can last for about 20 minutes at a time, which isn't really a limiting factor if you're doing tasks as they only get assigned 50 at a time or so. invigourate is really important as you can sunshine, impact, and then immediately asphyxiate if you're using adren pots/vigour. in general it's much safer to use invigourate as you spend less time being unable to stun them after you ult.

the most important part for surviving is focusing on dealing lots of damage so you can heal it back with soul split, rotating stuns well, and using debil and shield swap for reso/reflect when needed. i just stay near the fires and walk a few steps in when the poison damage goes away, and walk back out once it gets to ~200 or so. i also typically reflect/debil right before ulting and keep the shield on while i build adren if i can't use pot otherwise the damage can quickly prevent you from gaining the adren to stun them.
morituri te salutant