F2p pk guide

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

korella
RSN: KORftw

F2p pk guide

Post by korella » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:11 pm

To start off i made this guide to put something from me to help the clan.

p.s If someone could make a decent "hugging" guide, i would appreciate if you could add it to my guide.

So here we go!

F2p pk guide by korella

About f2p pk:

F2p pk is based on combat triangle, which is that melee beats ranged, ranged beats mage and mage beats melee. That means that every single pk team has to have at least 1 fighter from each class. Usually f2p pk team consists of mainly melee fighters and has few ranged and mage fighters. For example: if team has 20 fighters in it than 10 of them should be melee, 5 ranged and 5 mage. That's an ideal crew.

There all ways is a leader(which can only be melee). The leader is the person who leads you all the time trough pk. He is calling the piles, and other members of the crew should attack only the person whos name leader calls. If leader calls a command you must do it no matter what. If leader dies there all ways is a second leader who will take over his duty.

Tactics:

List of commands you should know:

Fall in(f in): A command that leader gives that means you have to follow him( for example if you split up during the combat and leader gives a a "f in" command you should immediately follow him)

Dot(dd): A command that means walking on the same spot where leader is standing by clicking on minimap, or right-clicking on leader and using the "walk here" function.

KoA on (insert name here): This command means that you attack the person which name leader calls

Split: you immediately stop following leader and usually form a 3x3 square.

Usually f2p pk is held in wilderness. That's because of the fact, that there is a greater range of other players cmb lvls you can attack. The main damage dealers of course are the meleers because they are more in numbers. Mages primary duty is to bind everything that is still running or walking and ranger is basically the same "role" as meleer only it has few advantages against other mages.

I've made a small map of wilderness to show you the way how pk usually goes:

Legend:

Terms:
Gds-the main fighting area, were we usually will encounter other players or clans.
Gap-the place were we usually regroup if we do split up.
P2p gates- one of the word hop places
new gates- second world hop place.

Routes:
The green route is the route from bh to chaos altar to recharge prayer if anyone needs.
The purple route is the route from chaos altar to the first world hop spot, were we hop to a f2p pvp world.
The light blue route is our first route to GDS(if we encounter any enemies we fight them), and then to the second hop area.
The green route is after our second world hop, we go back to Gds. Encounter any enemies and then we go to the New gates hop area.
The yellow route is the route after our hop at New gates. We go to Gds, encounter any enemies we meet and than we go to P2p Gates hop area.

The yellow and green routes pretty much are a loop. We hop at P2p gates,go to gds,than to New gates. Than its vice versa.

Equipment:
Melee equip:

This is how your melee equip should look like:

Full rune is a must as it provides the best def bonus.As we are not a serious Pk clan addy is acceptable but if you can afford to loose a full rune than i suggest wearing it.

This is how your melee inv should look like:

Lobsters is good food to use, but i suggest taking swordfish as they are 2 hp more than lobsters(an inv of swordfish gives you 54 more hp and (trust me) that sometimes can be difference between life and death. Str pot for additional damage.

Ranged equip:

This is how your ranged equip should look like:

Green dragonhide for the best range bonus and a rune full helm for additional def bonus. Of course addy arrows and maple shortbow is a must.

This is how your ranged inv should look like:

Mage equip:

This is how your mage equip should look like:

For magic robes the perfect choose is blue wizard top and hat, priest robe but black magic gear should do just fine. Anti-drag shield for additional magic bonus and of course a magic ammy. Staff of fire because if using fire blast fire runes will be used most.

This is how your mage inv should look like:

100 blast should be enough so take 100 death runes and 400 air runes(no fire runes required as you are using staff of fire(put Fire blast on auto cast before hoping to a pvp world)).
BINDS ARE A MUST(REMEMBER THIS- A MAGE WITHOUT BINDS IS PRETTY USELESS IN A PK TRIP). 30 binds should do the trick(so 60 nature runes,90 earth and 90 water runes)

A f2p pk is a very fun thing to do and i hope my guide helps

p.s if you have anything more to add to my guide you are welcome to post a reply.

p.s.s could someone run trough my guide and correct the grammar and spelling mistakes.

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Re: F2p pk guide

Post by Sir Chris » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:22 pm

Awesome! Thanks! Although I didn't read it yet I will certainly do it soon. I did get my rear handed to me a f2p pk fight the other day.

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:01 am

My main is too high cb lvl for pking, which is why I'm maiking a range/mage/tank for just such occations. :)

cwadark0ne
Inactive
RSN: cwadark0ne

Post by cwadark0ne » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 am

I am so down for some f2p pk,n I have a lvl 96 zerker lvl 81 zerker and lvl 71 range 2h so please let me know.

Driftdog2k9
Inactive
RSN: Asuka Kirara

Post by Driftdog2k9 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Nice guide, i used to be a pker, all the way back in the old wildy. I can help if clan needs me there.