Sorceress' garden.
Summer garden.
Requirements:
65 thieving.

Equipment:
Pestle and mortar x 1
Empty glasses x 25

reward:
when you have 2 fruits use a pestle and mortar on them and make sure you have an empty glass equiped. you'll get a sq'irk juice which you can trade to osman outside for 3k thieving experience

Introduction:
simply put the goal of this minigame is stealing the fruit in the centre of a maze without getting caught by the elementals who guard it.
But this is easier said then done. I know out of own experience how frustrating it can be if you keep getting caught while sneaking through the garden.
In this ‘guide' I will point out the safe spots in the summer garden and I will give some hints and tips in general. I hope it can be of help to someone.
The reason I'll only discuss the summer garden is because it's the only garden worthwhile doing. The other gardens are too difficult and not very rewarding.

Safespots:

Hints and tips:
1- be as light as possible. You need to run around a lot. This is a safe game and you won't need armour or food. If you have it wear: boots of lightness, spotted/spottier cape and penance gloves.
2- another way to safe some run energy is to toggle constant run of. When you need to run just hold the ctrl-button while you click on the screen. This way you don't loose run energy at parts where you don't have to run.
3- the elementals have a very narrow line of sight. The can only look in front of them and only 3 or 4 squares far in that direction.
4- the right moment to run past an elemental from your safe spot is when it's next to you. It only sees you when you get in front of it. You can walk through them without a problem.
5- don't play this game with lag. When you know the safe spots the rest of the games consists for about 80% out of good timing. With lag this game is almost impossible to do.
6- the last tip is just try it. or go with someone who has done it before and see how he/she picks the route.

I hope this guide can help. Keep in mind that you will get caught from time to time. Especially in the beginning. Just keep trying and once you get the hang of it you'll hardly get caught anymore.

Feel free to make comments or ask questions. I'm aware that this simple guide is far from perfect

jdo87
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Jdo87

Re: sorceress' garden, the summer garden.

Post by jdo87 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:49 am

haha couldnt have put it better myself :)

4815th person to 99 Hunter
Quest Point cape earned 5/6/2009, regained 9/11/2020