RS3 Opinions/suggestions

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

RS3 Opinions/suggestions

Post by magerpainz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:49 am

So what's everyone think of the new Interface/graphics update? Post opinions and suggestions or advice below.
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

Amatista
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: 08psycho

Re: RS3 Opinions/suggestions

Post by Amatista » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:34 am

like it, too many bugs, they should of tested it way more instead of releasing it for us to be screwed. but other then that i like it, it gets me to do more skills instead of combat until its more stable which helps me in the long run, some good some bad, depends on how you look at it as a whole ofc.

Forever_Mad
RSN: Forever_Mad

Post by Forever_Mad » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:48 am

It's great,

Just need an option to change text colours and i would really like pm's like the old days
Kinda without moving the whole bar with it, that takes me to many screen.
[sig]2013_Interclan_Forever.png[/sig]

[sig]2014_01_div_3rd.png[/sig] [sig]2014_01_slayer_3rd.png[/sig] [sig]2014_02_agility_1st.png[/sig]

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:11 am

Still having to think where things are but I can't see it taking long to get used to it all. I'm liking being able to put things wherever I like... a nice personal touch :)
ImageImage

Viz
RSN: Viz

Post by Viz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:48 am

Amatista wrote:like it, too many bugs, they should of tested it way more instead of releasing it for us to be screwed.
Every "big" Jagex update seems to be this, not thought out properly, loads of bugs, no real testing (isn't this what the beta was for? You'd expect it to run for atleast a couple more months given only a select few were allowed on it) just loads of overhyped PR bs and a let down at the end.
[b][color=#FF4000][center]Viz ~ 1,196th to reach 200m Dungeoneering Xp on the 12th August 2013[/center][/color][/b]

[center][sig]2013_Interclan_Viz.png[/sig][/center]

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Post by Tamal » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:18 pm

The Zammy/Sara cutscene was jarring and not very cinematic.

The UI is many steps in the right direction but very unpolished (how did that bank transparency make it into the live game?)

The music is fantastic but I still have audio problems. Client crashing problems. Server crashing problems.

The website is a huge disappointment, they tweaked the visuals on the homepage and hiscores. Wiki, forums, adventurers log, GE is all the same. All that hooplah for what?

RuneScape needs more than the shiny flashy stuff. We need substance and polish. If Jagex wants RS to act like a "real" MMORPG like GW2 or WoW, they have a *long* way to go. "Don't do anything risky" is bloody amateur hour.

RuneScape is down to 611k paying members, about half of what it was a year ago.

The Duckness
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Katys Noob

Post by The Duckness » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Tamal wrote:The UI is many steps in the right direction but very unpolished (how did that bank transparency make it into the live game?)
You can change that in the settings.
The Duckness has been shelved for the time being, only playing on Katys Noob for the moment!

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Post by Tamal » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:36 pm

The Duckness wrote:
Tamal wrote:The UI is many steps in the right direction but very unpolished (how did that bank transparency make it into the live game?)
You can change that in the settings.
Bank transparency is tied to the global transparency setting. What works for the chat boxes does not work for the bank interface.

zerocoollll
RSN: Zero Smurf

Post by zerocoollll » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:46 pm

the little i was playing was laggy and the screens are just to busy. Hopefully I can get them sorted out and fix the lag.

Secesh
Inactive
RSN: Secesh

Post by Secesh » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Things I like: Resizable minimap, Transparency for chatboxes/backpack.
Things I don't like: Transparency on bank tied to chatboxes, Health/Prayer/Summon levels now attached to action bar, don't like that at all. Preferred them as two separate ideas.

Seems that enter to chat should be removed if we now have the action bar separated.
Don't like the big lock on my pack whenever I go to bank...reflex is to click on backpack not the little window next to bank...lose time every time I bank.

That's all for now

Lawidget
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: La Widget

Post by Lawidget » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:43 am

It is ok. I like some of it. I need to play a bit more to really decide.

Laurie

duc_donald
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Duc Donald

Post by duc_donald » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:04 am

I don't mind it so much, although the bank interface is annoying. I tried a few interface presets and definitely preferred the new setup to the old "classic" view. I particularly like the adjustable mini map and the ability to have different layouts suitable for skilling ir fighting.