Champion's Challenge

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Milly
RSN: Milly

Champion's Challenge

Post by Milly » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:42 am

Here are the locations and equipment I used for the champion's challenge... Some are maybe not the best but they work :)

There is a big red warning in your chat box when you receive the drop, even if you have filter off, so no need to check every drop.

Banshees: You can't use cannon in slayer tower but in Pollnivneach dungeon (down the well in the middle of town) you can, and they drop so much pure essence that it pretty much pays for the cannonballs if you pick it all up. It's the main room in the dungeon so just go in and run North, I set up cannon on the middle west side of the room and just left them to it. Used melee for this also. Don't forget slayer helm

Earth Warriors: Used a zammy spear and steel titan in the chaos tunnels. Luckily got this one pretty quickly as this place is horrible and they spread out all over the place. Would try cannoning in the edgeville wildy dungeon but I'm too wimpy. There is a good map of the portals in chaos tunnels on here

Giants: in Edgeville Dungeon, run down to the most southern part and go into the resource dungeon (can also get there using the brass key and going into the house west of Cooks Guild) set up cannon and put auto retaliate/momentum on. Easy :)

Goblins: I tried a couple of places for these. In the Security Stronghold there are a few goblins in the room one south of entrance but I think the goblins east of Lumbridge castle by the river are more kills per hour. Again set up cannon and you can AFK these

Ghouls: South of the slayer tower. Cannoned these with melee but could maybe use chinchompas? Not tried

Hobgoblins: Tried cannoning in the dungeon under Tree Gnome Village (there's a trap door just outside the broken fence) there is a key in a box in the eastern room and the hobgoblins are in the western room. There are 7 of them, and they respawn fast enough that you're not really waiting around much BUT - and I don't know why I didn't try this sooner - When I went to the hobgoblin mine in lvl 46 wild (just south of lava maze) I killed a few with chinchompas and got the scroll within 15 mins. Only took 5k chins and black dhide into wild so I wasn't risking much. And used the 2400+ world to minimize chances of being pked. Wish I had done this sooner!

Jogres: Use fairy ring code DKP and run south, set up cannon to the north of the glider

Mummies: I killed these at Ullek, in the desert. From sophanem running east, you go over the little sandbag bit and run past the agil pyramid east, then up the rope and there are about 6 mummies as soon as you get up there. I cannoned these and alched the rune drops, which probably made back about half the money I spent on cballs as there are a lot of rune drops.

Skeletons: Used chinchompas in lumbridge catacombs. The catacombs are in lumbridge graveyard, so you go down the stairs and then down the next set of stairs and just keep running through the tunnel until you get to the skeleton room. As they are packed in together, you usually kill 3-4 at once and they are pretty much 1 hittable most of the time. So this is cheaper, faster and more effective than cannon... Win win!! Wish I thought of this sooner. Could maybe use for goblins as well but works best on the low levels that are confined in a small space

Zombies: If you go over the ledge from mummies, and run north into the big open space filled with skeletons, there is a little room full of dried zombies to the east. Set up cannon here. I wouldn't recommend killing skeles here as they are too spread out to kill with cannon effectively.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aberrant Spectres: Again got on a slayer task years ago, but there are some which you can cannon in Pollnivneach dungeon but don't forget slayer helm!

Imps/Lessers: Can't comment on this as I got both of these ages ago, but I have heard that there is a resource dungeon in karamja dungeon where you can kill both

Good luck all Champion Scroll Hunters!!! Please ask if you have any trouble finding any because of my dodgy directions ;)

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Re: Champion's Challenge

Post by Diplomatt » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:21 am

I'm in.................................................Buying cannon balls!

Viz
RSN: Viz

Post by Viz » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:07 pm

Thanks for this Milly! This is one of the goals i've been putting off for ages
[b][color=#FF4000][center]Viz ~ 1,196th to reach 200m Dungeoneering Xp on the 12th August 2013[/center][/color][/b]

[center][sig]2013_Interclan_Viz.png[/sig][/center]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks so very much, Milly! I moved this valuable resource to the Guides topic. :D
morituri te salutant

Milly

Post by Milly » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks Brad, maybe I'll put in some pics if it's in the guides section :D

Wynn Andye
Inactive
RSN: Wynn Andye

Post by Wynn Andye » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Many thanks, Milly! Really smart game play... you know a ton about this game. ^:)^

Wynn =D>

Katy
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: K aty

Post by Katy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:38 pm

*likes*
Having a dirty mind makes ordinary conversations much more interesting

“She who dies with the most shoes wins!

celegorn
RSN: celegorn

Post by celegorn » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Thanks for the info
i have sigs turned off

jc_hammy
Inactive
RSN: Jc Hammy

Post by jc_hammy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:45 pm

Any tips on beating the champions? I have a lesser demon scroll and the rules are no equipped items. So, pre-EOC you could use magic and take him down easily. Now, you have to equip an item to wield magic, so I have been stumped. Has anyone tried this yet?

Milly

Post by Milly » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:31 pm

All of the champions are stupidly easy, I did the lesser demon one ages ago but I think you should be able to punch him no bother

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:37 pm

morituri te salutant

jc_hammy
Inactive
RSN: Jc Hammy

Post by jc_hammy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Thanks guys...guess that means I need to pot up and throw down.

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:19 pm

Bump
ImageImage

Aeversme
Inactive
RSN: Ace Aardvark

Post by Aeversme » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:26 am

Very helpful, I'm collecting these now as breaks from Dungeoneering. Got the skeleton scroll stupid-fast with chins in the Lumby catacombs - used about 600 chins to get it.