Training methods for fast xp

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Training methods for fast xp

Post by Hid » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 am

Here are my thoughts about fast xp training methods. There probably are other methods, so if you have a good one yourself, please post it too. Most xp per hour I put up are from my own xp, some have been a while ago though, and other xp per hour I had to check other guides for.

If you put up the skill page, it could be written out more. This is just the short version, because I am not much of a long-story writer. If you have questions about any of the methods, just ask.

So, here goes:

Firemaking:
• Very easy, the higher the log the better the fm xp. Just a matter of how much money you want to spent. A good idea might be to combine cutting teak logs and burning them afterwards. This way you get almost the fastest wc xp and also much better firemking xp than maples.
• If you have done the first two parts of the firemaking minigame, you get a ring and gloves, which together give you about 5 % more firemaking xp.

Fletching:
• Feathering addy bolts. Very easy method for very fast xp, Up till 400k xp per hour, if you can click fast. Will lose you money though.
• Putting diamond bolt tips on addy bolts. Up to 180k xp per hour, and you can even make some money doing it.

Crafting:
• Crafting air battlestaves: You can make about 1.800 battlestaves per hour. That is about 250k xp per hour.
• Making dragonhide bodies. As long as you have already tanned them, this is very fast xp too. I think you can craft about 3k+ hides per hour. For using green leather this would be about 200k xp per hour.
• Cutting high level gems. Supposed to be very fast, but I couldn't find anything about xp per hour.

Fishing:
• Barbarian fishing: About 50k xp per hour, using a granite lobster, together with some strength and agility xp
• Shilo village: 40-45k xp per hour
• Monk fishing: 35 – 40k xp per hour

Cooking:
• You stop burning sharks from level 94 on (with cooking gloves), about 250k xp per hour. This is better than sea turtles or manta rays, because you still burn 10-15% of them (even at 99), which makes them less xp per hour.
• You stop burning monks from level 90 on, about 180k xp per hour
• Sea turtles for high levels makes over 200k xp per hour

Summoning:
• Fastest xp is the highest blue charmed familar, then red, green and gold.
• Fastest method is using the kyatt familiar. It has a right click option that teleports you directly next to the piscatoris obelisk. You can do about 60 runs per hour.

Hunting:
• from level 80 on you can get about 70-80k xp per hour at red chinchompas.
• Red salamanders till level 80, near the zmi-altar. About 55k xp per hour.
• Falconry, near Piscatoris. About 60k xp

Agility:
• Ape Atoll: You stop failing the course after level 74. About 50k xp per hour

Runecrafting:
• Zmi-altar. You need to be on lunar spells for it. Tele to the ourania altar and use the cw-ring to bank quickly. About 30k xp per hour.
• Using tabs to blood or death altar will probably be just as fast, no idea about exact xp though

Construction:
• oak dungeon doors (level 74 needed). Just let the butler unnote your oak planks. It‘s about 180k xp per hour.
• Oak larders: dont know the exact xp, should be very much too though

Herblore: Highest potion is best xp. Kal already wrote about this one.

Thieving: already taken care of I heard. Otherwise pyramid plunder with 200k+ xp from level 91 on is the way to go.

Mining:
• granite mining is fastest xp in my opinion. Mine a full load, drop it, and repeat. about 50k xp per hour.
• Iron powermining should be around 45-50k xp per hour.

Farming:
* Just highest level seeds. Mage seeds are expensive though. If you have a spare spirit tree, plant that too. Don't forget the calquats.

Attack/strength/defense:
• Best to train while doing slayer.
• Otherwise the ghostly warriors in the spirit world (high level wildy though) can get you up to 70k xp per hour
• The same goes for the zombies at the chaos altar in about level 13 wildy (from the defender of varrock quest), about 70k xp per hour.
• Pest control can get you up to 60-70k xp per hour too, if you have a high level and find a good team. With a good team I personally got about 100 points per hour.

Ranged:
• Red chinchompas: xp per hour depends strongly on your ranged level, but I heard it can go up to 200k+ xp per hour. There is a good guide on Zybez about it. It is very expensive though.
• Cannon: I know it is very fast, but I have no idea how much xp you can get per hour
• Yaks: use knives on them. The place will be crowded, but you can get about 60k xp per hour there

Prayer:
• Gilded altar: only real fast method is using dragon bones on a gilded altar. If you have one yourself, just tele to your house and back to castle wars. I always bring a war tortoise familiar with me, so you can use 41 bones on the altars without having the burners extinguishing. If you do prayer in your own house, try to set up something with a mage (if he alchs) or a flethcer (if he makes diamond bolts, or just feathers bolts). Having someone stay in your house reduces the loading time of of it very much, and thus you will get more prayer xp per hour. You could even have the fletcher/alcher light the burners for you. For them it is an advantage too, because randoms are more seldom in a poh. Without having someone else stay in m house, I could do about 800 bones per hour, about 200k xp. With it, this raised to almost 1k bones, so about 250k xp per hour.

Mage:
• High alching: about 60-65k xp per hour. It used to be more for me with the old alching emote, but maybe that is just me
• Stunning: wear mage reducing armour and cast the spell over and over. About 100k xp per hour, expensive though.
• Ice barrage monsters in multi-attack zones, like the chaos dungeon mummys: no idea how much xp you get per hour. I heard it is pretty much, but expensive too.
• Plank making: You need lunar spells for this one and it makes about 120k xp per hour. Best plank to make is mahogany. Hard part is to get them sold afterwards, might take some time.

I hope it helps.
KoA achievements

9_red_monkey
Inactive
RSN: 9 red monkey

Re: Training methods for fast xp

Post by 9_red_monkey » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:09 pm

thanks hid! I'll try some of those out

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:37 pm

Actually you could post it somewhere in public too.. idk. Rs guides maybe?

Very nice work!

Bass
RSN: Bassjason1

Post by Bass » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:45 pm

Don't forget Woodcutting! All I have are free play estimates because I got 99 in f2p.

Willows at Draynor yield around 40k xp an hour with a rune ax.

I've got to go to work at the moment but I have a few more suggestions when I get back. :-P

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:41 pm

I just recently (yesterday lol) figured out about fletching bolts for fast, cheap fletching xp. My little "test" didn't yield me any unf addy bolts though. No one was selling any. So, I tried unf mith bolts and bought them right away for under mid price, fletched them and sold the finished bolt for mid price right away, losing nothing, and gaining pretty quick xp, especially for my low-ish fletching level. lol :D

valtrax
Inactive
RSN: Poetic Slays

Post by valtrax » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:16 pm

I enjoy playing stealing creation, and use full mage gear at hill giants. With picking no drops up average xp 100k an hour casting wave spells, 120k an hour is possible .

6cats
Inactive
RSN: 6cats

Post by 6cats » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Nice and quick reference material for all of the skills Hid :)

I also use alot of your methods for my own personal skilling, thank you ;)

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Post by Hid » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Thanks 6 cats :)

Back then I actually didn't make these tips for the "public", I just made them as a help for the olympics and put them in the olympic coordinating forum. That's why it ain't all written out, and some skills ain't even really mentioned, cause they were already taken care off by others. Thank Kal for this "guide", cause she just moved my post to here lol

Seeing that people do make use of them, maybe I should update it, cause much has happened since then, like stealing creation.
KoA achievements

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:18 pm

hid675 wrote:Seeing that people do make use of them, maybe I should update it, cause much has happened since then, like stealing creation.
Yes, please do, Hid.
morituri te salutant

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:26 pm

hid675 wrote: Construction:
• oak dungeon doors (level 74 needed). Just let the butler unnote your oak planks. It‘s about 180k xp per hour.
• Oak larders: dont know the exact xp, should be very much too though
How about mahogany table flatpacks? Then, "donate" the flatpacks at Miscellania in exchange for gp credits.
morituri te salutant

sweet drmr
Inactive
RSN: sweetstdream

Post by sweet drmr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:22 am

thank you very much for such an insightful guide. I learned alot.

Geve
Inactive
RSN: Geve0

Post by Geve » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:24 am

That is the great thing about this clan Sweet, we pass on knowledge whole heartedly :-P

old s k o0 l
Inactive
RSN: s1imm shady

Post by old s k o0 l » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:05 pm

Thanks a lot hid. I always love advice from a god like you :x

beckiebabe
Inactive
RSN: beckiegran

Post by beckiebabe » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:43 am

Thanks for the guide Hid, very useful to me :D
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Beckiegran][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose/260/Beckiegran.png[/img][/url]