Some advice on PoP (Player Owned Port)

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Fothas
RSN: Fothas

Re: Some advice on PoP (Player Owned Port)

Post by Fothas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:44 pm

It's not a bug. The final three ship edits 'lifeboat, specs ect'' stay on your boats forever, or until used (boat).
[center]Runes before god dam f'in doors!
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Fothas][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/red/pose/0/Fothas.png[/img][/url]
[spoiler][sig]2014_01_slayer_1st.png[/sig][/spoiler][/center]

Rocky
RSN: Magerockyv2

Post by Rocky » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:22 pm

I do think its a bug Fothas.
Indeed.. They stay on your boat... As I've said.. They remain active, even after a couple of voyages.
Tho... It are effects... I do think the idea is you should be able to use them once.. On a voyage of your choice.. Like the other effects (Boosting Morale, combat.. etc)
If it should be like it is now... Then I would not define them as effects.. But as upgrades.

Edit: If you do think, or are quite sure, its as it should be (Not a bug).. Then please let me know where you got it from.. (Your source?)

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Here's a bug: Lifeboat was "active" on my ship but one of my crewmembers drowned. I reported this to Jagex.
morituri te salutant

buzzsaw100
Inactive
RSN: Buzzsaw-Buzzsaw100

Post by buzzsaw100 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:24 am

Honestly I hope they fix it, because say I need to put out a 60% or less voyage, I don't want to risk it having its penalties doubled should it fail.
Ironman:

ImageImageImage

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Due that.. I've got 2 ships with the bonuses.. And one without any bonuses..

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:14 am

Earlier I kept checking for random events after sending out a ship.. Or when checking their results when they return... Even in between the 3 if I sent/check em all at once.
This time I didn't do that.. And sure enough.. I got 2 random events from checking the results of 3 ships in a row..
At Barmaids and Black Marketeer... However when I completed the one at Barmaids... The other one was gone too...

So I would advice everyone to check for random events after sending out a ship, or checking their results.. After each one.

That is.. If you're after some nice effects!

Fothas

Post by Fothas » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:19 pm

A quick bit of advice for someone going for sets of the untradeable pop armour for themselves.

Focus on scrolls as much as you can early on, in early regions you will not be able to manipulate your stay as easily but the bowl I recommend pushing your stay there as long as possible to collect scrolls. The main reason for this is that scrolls are the limiting factor for armour creation once in the scythe as trade goods are easier to come by. As well as this, all special missions, including scroll missions scale up in length and difficulty due to your max region. Scythe scroll missions are significantly harder (eg; 11.5k/11.5k) and much longer (17 hours).

If you are like me and you want full sets of tetsu, sea singers and death lotus, utilise adventurer rerolls and prioritise scroll missions.
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Fothas][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/red/pose/0/Fothas.png[/img][/url]

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Yeah, and same goes for the trade goods needed for them. If you come across any at lower regions.. Try to do em, even if its only for 2 or 3.. (And even if you need to use 2 or 3 effects to get some good percentage!)

Another note..
I've got me 4 Judge of dices for each of my ships.. And they will go along on about every voyage..
Because they add 100 to each stat of each unique member..
For that matter I also try to use 4 different crew-members.. (At the moment its only ideal I'm switching to Pincers crew..) Anyway, as said, 'the judge' adds 100 to each stat.. Means (If all unique) +500 morale, combat, searing and speed
Now the last one attracts me the most..

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:39 pm

I have problems with speed in POP. Today, I had a Pincer area voyage of 8 hrs 41 mins. So, I added 3 x Bag of Winds to shorten the voyage. Result: 8 hrs 38 mins. Uggh! Runewiki implies that for each Bag of Wind activated, it should decrease the boat time by 10%. Furthermore, I didn't notice any difference in speed when activating the "Rudder that Parts the Seas". I submitted a Bug Report.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
morituri te salutant

Fothas

Post by Fothas » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Yeah brad it's not a bug sadly, there is a cap on the amount speed can influence a voyage. It's a certain percentage but I can't remember how much off the top of my head. It's stupid in later regions and I wish they'd reconsider it. It makes speed crew utterly redundant.

On another note, oxhead and horseface are bloody brilliant. Best crew in the game

16sweetangel
RSN: 16sweetangel

Post by 16sweetangel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:13 pm

i have a question i dont get many chi voyages and i have 4 jade statues up and occult on 3 poles... is there something im missing

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Sun May 19, 2013 7:23 am

Please someone explain to me how the storymissions work.. I get nothing from them.. Do i have to have a certain number done?

Thanks

Satrianisaxe
RSN: Satrianisaxe

Post by Satrianisaxe » Sun May 19, 2013 8:08 am

Yh Kal. Each adventurer has a storyline which has, I think, 5 parts to it. It is only after you complete the entire storyline that you get trade good rewards. There are then joint storylines with adventurers which again give nice trade good rewards after completing the entire story line. Hope this helps.

Runewiki breaks this down; see link below.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Player- ... al_voyages

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Sun May 19, 2013 10:12 am

thanks Sat !!