~*~ Kev's FIGHT KILN Guide - EoC - Text & Video Guide ~*~

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Kevinsaurus
RSN: Kevinsaurus

~*~ Kev's FIGHT KILN Guide - EoC - Text & Video Guide ~*~

Post by Kevinsaurus » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Kevinsaurus' Fight Kiln Guide

Hey guys, so the evolution of combat came out yesterday, and today I decided I wanted to remake my kiln guide to fit it, so I went ahead and tried fight kiln… and it turns out I managed to complete it on my first try!

With the Evolution of Combat, a lot of people were worried that fight kiln would become pretty much impossible. No need to fear though, for those who still want to get that prestigious cape and the great effects that come with it, or for those who want another cape or an onyx or to just do it for the fun of it, the kiln is most definitely doable now!

This is my guide for the fight kiln, and I hope that you'll find it helpful and useful!

There will be both a text portion to this guide explaining everything you need to know, as well as a video portion to this guide to accompany the text portion to show everything outlined and explained in the text.

Gear
Aura: Reverence > Invigorate > Inspiration > Penance > Vampyrism
Cape: Any Skillcape > Tokhaar-Kal > Soul Wars Cape
Ammo (Bring at least 500): Royal Bolts > Diamond Bolts > Runite Bolts = Broad-Tipped Bolts = Ruby Bolts
Helmet: Helm of Neitiznot (e) > Slayer Helmet (e) > Verac's Helm
Neck: Amulet of Fury > Amulet of Glory
Weapon: Chaotic Longsword = Chaotic Rapier > Abyssal Whip > Dragon Scimitar
Body: Torva Platebody > Bandos Chestplate > Verac's Brassard
Offhand: Chaotic Kiteshield > Dragonfire Shield (melee)
Legs: Torva Platelegs > Bandos Tassets > Verac's Plateskirt
Gloves: Culinaromancer's gloves 10 > Goliath Gloves = Swift Gloves = Spellcaster Gloves
Boots: Steadfast Boots > Bandos Boots > Dragon Boots
Ring: TokKul-Zo > Ring of Vigour

Below is what should be in your inventory. I've bolded what I used when I first did it and what's going to be in the video guide. Note that with the setup I used, a kiln attempt does not cost much at all.

Inventory
Dreadnips (at least 150) --- Highly recommended, dragon/rune pickaxe if you don't have dreadnips and you also don't have a titan, and you'll have to use other tactics for the dill waves
Virtus Robe Top > Ganodermic Poncho > Akrisae's Robe Top > Ahrim's Robe Top
Virtus Robe Legs > Ganodermic Leggings > Akrisae's Robe Skirt > Ahrim's Robe Skirt
Virtus Wand > Ahrim's Wand > Master Wand > Teacher Wand > Grifolic Wand
Farseer Kiteshield > Dragonfire Shield (magic)
Pernix Body > Karil's Top > Royal D'hide Body
Pernix Chaps > Karil's Skirt > Royal D'hide Chaps
Chaotic Crossbow > Royal Crossbow > Rune Crossbow
Eagle-Eye Kiteshield > Dragonfire Shield (ranged)
Steel Titan Pouch > Iron Titan Pouch > Unicorn Stallion > Beast of Burden
Steel of Legends Scrolls (250+) > Iron Within Scrolls (250+) > Healing Aura Scrolls (250+)
10 Super Prayer Flasks (6) > 10 Super Restore Flasks (6)
1 Saradomin Brew Flask (6) > 1 Rocktail > 1 Cavefish = 1 Shark
2 Prayer Renewal Flasks (6)
2 Overload Flasks (6)
Armadyl Runes (at least 750 to be safe) > Ice Barrage (at least 1000 to be safe) > Water Surge (at least 1500 to be safe)

Wave Notes
Waves 1-3: Stand Southeast, Protect from Ranged, Melee Rangers and Titan Meleers
Wave 4: Stand Northeast, Protect Mage and range the mage, turning on Protect from Ranged if the rangers start attacking you. Then run South and Protect from Ranged, melee rangers.
Wave 5: Stand Northeast, 1 square south and 1 square west of the southern tip of the northeastern barrier that runs north-south and touches the north wall. Lure and trap the Dill on the barrier, Protect from Ranged, range Dill and kill it with a dreadnip and titan. Alternatively, flinch it if you're using a pickaxe.
Wave 6: Stand Northeast, Protect from Magic, Same as Wave 4 except also kill the mage southeast before the rangers.
Wave 7: Stand Southeast, Protect from Ranged and range the mage, then melee the rangers.
Wave 8: Wait in the L-Rock alcove south, Protect from Magic, melee the ranger that's lured, then range the mage.
Wave 9: Protect from Ranged, melee rangers
Wave 10: Start Southeast, Melee Ranger, then mage and kill the Jad southwest.
Wave 11: Protect from Magic, range the mages.
Wave 12: Stand southwest Protect from ranged and then kill ranger, then Protect from Mage and kill rest.
Waves 13-14: Use Range Crystal (Optional). Protect from Magic, range mages.
Waves 15-16: Wait in the L-Rock alcove south, kill the ranger, Protect from Magic, and range the mages and kill everything else.
Wave 17: Wait in the L-Rock alcove south, mage meleer that gets lured south, and then Protect from Magic and kill rest.
Wave 18: Start Northwest, Protect from Magic, melee the ranger, and then run east and melee the other ranger. Run around and trap the meleers behind the middle rock or the mage. Optionally, tank the meleers and mage them. Then range the mage.
Wave 19: Stand in the middle east so Dill gets trapped behind mage from northeast, Protect from Magic, kill the Dill and then kill the mage northeast after the Dill.
Wave 20: Start Southeast, Protect from Magic, range the mage and then kill the Jad southwest
Waves 21-23: Take off Tokkul-Zo, Protect from Melee, Mage the meleers.
Wave 24: Re-equip Tokkul-Zo. Stand 1 square east of the middle rock, Protect from melee, use constitution crystal now (optional). Mage all the meleers, and then protect from ranged and melee the ranger lured to the west of the middle rock.
Wave 25-26: Start Northwest, Protect from Magic, Melee Ranger, then run around and trap the meleers behind either the middle rock or the mages. Optionally, you can just tank the meleers. Mage the meleers and range the mages.
Wave 27: Start Northwest corner, Protect from Melee, Kill Ranger, wait for meleers to come northwest, then mage all the meleers. Then Protect from Magic, run east to the northeast corner and range the mage.
Wave 28: Take the square 1 west of the northern of all the squares for the northeast barrier running north-south that touches the north wall. Call this square X. Start 1 west and 3 south of square X. Protect from Magic. Wait for the northeast Dill to attack you once, then run to square X. Wait for the northwestern Dill to be lured and stuck and unable to reach you because of the first dill. Then proceed to range/mage the western of these two Dills first while using dreadnips and a titan to kill it. Then kill the southern one (the one you first lured) the same way. Then range the mage and kill it, turning off your protection prayer afterwards. sThen run south and circle clockwise around the middle rock. Then stand 3 squares north of the middle rock and kill the Dills one by one as you lure them and get them stuck. If flinching with a pickaxe, do the same thing but use a pickaxe instead of dreadnips and a Titan. Note: ranging or maging the Dills is done to keep you in combat so you can use dreadnips or Titans.
Wave 29: Take off Tokkul-Zo, Use Magic Crystal, Protect from Melee, Mage the meleers.
Wave 30: Stand 1 square north of middle rock, Protect from Melee, mage the meleers that can attack you there, and then mage and kill Jad.
Wave 31: Protect from Ranged, Mage the rangers if magic crystal is still active, otherwise melee them.
Wave 32: Protect from Melee, Mage the meleers
Wave 33: Re-equip Tokkul-Zo. Stand 1 square north of center rock, Protect from Magic. Wait for the 2 south mages to be lured to the center, then walk straight north several squares. Turn run off, then attack either the northwest or northeast mage, and then kill the other one afterwards. Turn run back on and kill the two south mages. Range all the mages.
Wave 34: Stand 1 square north of middle rock, Protect from Melee, Mage the meleer, then kill Jad.
Wave 35: Use Invulnerability Crystal upon seeing the "“Wave 35” message. Stand 1 square west of the middle rock and Protect from Magic. Wait for the meleer northwest to attack you once, then run to the square 1 north and 2 east (should be 1 north of the east side of the middle rock). Then, wait for the mage southeast to be lured to the center. Then step 1 square east to push the Jad back 1 square and then step 1 square west again to move back. Then kill the jad like your normally would, and then kill the meleer, mage, and ranger one at a time.
Wave 36: Double Jads, Stand 1 square north of middle rock, Lure the Jads to the center, Mage Jads.
Wave 37: Stay in a corner and use protection prayer against the type of tentacles that there are the most of attacking you, activate magic crystal upon seeing the head. Head hides for roughly 45 seconds before appearing for 30 seconds every cycle.

Here is a picture of the map of the Fight Kiln area. The dots on the map indicate areas I mention in the waves guide above as follows:
Red - Northwest, Light Blue - Southwest, Blue - Southeast, Green - L-Rock Alcove, Purple - Northeast Barrier, Yellow - 1 North middle rock, Orange - 1 East middle rock, Brown - Middle east, Black - 1 West middle rock

Abilities / Action Bar
I recommend making 3 action bars for the kiln: one for melee, one for ranged, and one for mage. Personally, I don't always use all 3 action bars. Sometimes, I like to just stay on one action bar and go to my magic spellbook and switch there to the other two combat styles. This is more click intensive, but is probably preferable and more to your liking if you don't like scrolling between different action bars.

Here are the abilities I have on each of my action bars (in order listed):

Melee Action Bar: Slice, Dismember, Sever, Fury, Punish, Slaughter, Assault, Preparation, Resonance, Regenerate, Anticipation, Rejuvenate
Ranged Action Bar: Piercing Shot, Snipe, Ricochet, Binding Shot, Bash, Fragmentation Shot, Escape, Preparation, Resonance, Regenerate, Anticipation, Rejuvenate
Magic Action Bar: Impact, Wrack, Combust, Chain, Wild Magic, Asphyxiate, Metamorphosis, Preparation, Resonance, Regenerate, Anticipation, Rejuvenate

You'll notice that the last 5 abilities have been placed on each of the 3 action bars. That's because these are key abilities and are needed for survival or for just building up adrenaline when you're idling on ability usage.

You will definitely NOT want to use momentum during the fight kiln, so sorry, but it's definitely better to use abilities and use them often (for those who like afking more, although kiln is not really afkable anyways).

The Resonance and Preparation abilities go hand in hand and are very useful. Resonance can heal you, and preparation reduces the cooldown timer of Resonance, so keep that in mind throughout the fight kiln.

The biggest question you may have about this is where food is in this setup and process. In my suggested inventory, I included 1 inventory space for food. This is to be used as a safety measure or to be used or dropped if you need inventory space for crystals. But how come you don't need food for fight kiln anymore? The solution is the Rejuvenate ability, which I have included on all 3 of the suggested action bars. This is an ultimate ability, but it restores 40% of your hitpoints. This means that basically, any time you need to heal up, Rejuvenate can be used. This is why using abilities often is important when doing kiln; it allows you to build up adrenaline quickly and get a full adrenaline bar so that you can heal if necessary. As your adrenaline bar will drain if you are not engaged in combat for a while, it is not a bad idea to use Rejuvenate in between waves as often as possible to heal up if you wish. In addition, if you're already full health or near full health after a wave, saving some of your adrenaline bar to continue with on the next wave to activate threshold abilities or build up to Rejuvenate faster is also a good idea. And if you're wondering, yes, Rejuvenate is enough to keep you alive when fighting even the final boss. It's slightly riskier if you use a magic crystal on the final boss to ensure a fast boss kill, but still definitely manageable.

Crystals
Crystals to Pick up after Waves 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 17, 23, 25, 27, 29, 35
Most important crystals to get (in order of importance): Magic Crystals (at least 1), Invulnerability Crystals (at least 1), Consitution Crystals (Optional but helpful), Ranged Crystal (Optional but helpful)

Video Guide to the Fight Kiln with Live Commentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VggDJMfYN4

Let me know by contacting me or replying if there is anything I missed or if you have any questions. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed and found it helpful.

Good luck on all your Fight Kiln endeavors!
[center][url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Kevinsaurus][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/t5lejie/ ... saurus.png[/img][/url]
[sig]2012_08_magic2.png[/sig][/center]

Kevinsaurus

Re: ~*~ Kev's FIGHT KILN Guide - EoC - Text & Video Guide ~*

Post by Kevinsaurus » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:58 pm

For anybody who's already read the guide before the video was released, just a notice that the video accompaniment to the guide is out now, and I've embedded it into the post above. Feel free to help me out with a like =P (lol). But I hope that you find the video guide helpful. It basically just shows how to do each wave for the entire fight kiln, and I've added live commentary to the whole thing to pretty much explain what to do as well (the text version is in the above post). In the video I also discuss some tactical issues and various topics. Hopefully you find the video helpful, and good luck with any kiln attempts! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about either the text or video portion of the guide, and I'd appreciate any feedback on the video especially.
[center][url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Kevinsaurus][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/t5lejie/ ... saurus.png[/img][/url]

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Kev, if you have it, do you recommend using the new Tzhaar armor in Fight Kiln?
morituri te salutant

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Dr Brad wrote:Kev, if you have it, do you recommend using the new Tzhaar armor in Fight Kiln?
I used the new armour earlier today, it worked very well.
Image Image

Kevinsaurus

Post by Kevinsaurus » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:38 am

Dr Brad wrote:Kev, if you have it, do you recommend using the new Tzhaar armor in Fight Kiln?
Haven't done kiln with it yet, but I don't see why not. Better LP boost and DPS.

Fothas
RSN: Fothas

Post by Fothas » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:23 pm

Have you tested the different auras in EOC kiln? From what I have seen penance far out strips other auras due to the heavy demand on prayer in EOC, with penance I have to use almost 0 prayer points throughout the kiln. Obviously this isn't all that useful for experienced Kilners as you can do it without using any food either, making inventory space useless, however for inexperienced ones it is usefull to be able to take more prayer.
[center]Runes before god dam f'in doors!
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Fothas][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/red/pose/0/Fothas.png[/img][/url]
[spoiler][sig]2014_01_slayer_1st.png[/sig][/spoiler][/center]

buzzsaw100
Inactive
RSN: Buzzsaw-Buzzsaw100

Post by buzzsaw100 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:41 pm

I'll definitely have to use this guide, but as stated above, using obsidian armor, it gives a void-like accuracy boost, super simple to hybrid, and has a damage absorption boost.
Ironman:

ImageImageImage

Kevinsaurus

Post by Kevinsaurus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:27 am

Fothas wrote:Have you tested the different auras in EOC kiln? From what I have seen penance far out strips other auras due to the heavy demand on prayer in EOC, with penance I have to use almost 0 prayer points throughout the kiln. Obviously this isn't all that useful for experienced Kilners as you can do it without using any food either, making inventory space useless, however for inexperienced ones it is usefull to be able to take more prayer.
I basically just made this guide roughly the day after EoC came out, so I didn't put too much thought into it. Penance is nice if you have it though, I think I might have added that to my video description on youtube.
buzzsaw100 wrote:I'll definitely have to use this guide, but as stated above, using obsidian armor, it gives a void-like accuracy boost, super simple to hybrid, and has a damage absorption boost.
Yeah definitely use obsidian if you have it, it'll help.

I'm going to have to remake this guide yet AGAIN soon given the nerf to rejuvenation. Shouldn't be all too hard to do though.

buzzsaw100
Inactive

Post by buzzsaw100 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:51 pm

Additionally for switching between combat tabs, right click on the little number at the right of the action bar, and choose "Customise Modifier Key" and choose between CTRL, ALT, or SHIFT, I personally chose CTRL, and you can hold down your modifier key, and the number of the ability bar tab that you want to use. :)
Ironman:

ImageImageImage

buzzsaw100
Inactive

Post by buzzsaw100 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:39 am

Thanks for the guide Kevin! I got a cape using the method, and had a ton of supplies left over (Opted for the old school safe way addition of bringing a tort (+3 pouches).)
Ironman:

ImageImageImage

buzzsaw100
Inactive

Post by buzzsaw100 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:38 am

Ok, so I've done this three times now using Kevins guide (2 capes and an onyx, plan on doing 1-2 more), this is my gear/inventory that I am currently using.

The second aura is in case the first one runs out, then I at least have something, and the super restore is for summoning points for a second geyser titan (best combat familiar I can use)

In my latest trip, I only used 2 flask sets of ovl/renewals, 64 broad bolts, 223 armadyl runes, and 3 & 1/2 Super prayer flasks.

Again big thanks to Kevin for posting the guide, couldn't have done it without it! :)
Ironman:

ImageImageImage

Hackymaster
RSN: Hackymaster

Post by Hackymaster » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Bump. I'll be needing this soon.

buzzsaw100
Inactive

Post by buzzsaw100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 am

Heads up, the regenerate/rejuvenate abilities have been nerfed since this guide (like three days after my last post in this thread) Regenerate's heal amount was lowered I believe, and Rejuvinate was lowered and had its cooldown extended to five minutes, you will probably need some food for this now.
Ironman:

ImageImageImage

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Post by Cally Raven » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Bumped :D
Image]

crashed dave
RSN: mr un-lucky

Post by crashed dave » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:45 pm

Is this based on the before eoc guide that somkey had?
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Mr_Un_Lucky][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/fire/pos ... _Lucky.png[/img][/url]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[sig]2013_04_ranged_2nd.png[/sig]