The werewolf game v2 DAY 3

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Lord Anwyn
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Zarakrux

Re: The werewolf game v2 DAY 3

Post by Lord Anwyn » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Seeing as the game is over pretty much now, I shall reveal myself.

I was the seer

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Well, I feel like I´m back in kindergarten.

1. I have heard the complaints that " I was forced to be a werewolf, none of us wanted that" several times and I´m very much surprised that the people who joined the game didn´t know what kind of game they joined.. Was it not clear that the werewolves ( and the other roles) would be picked randomly..? it means that if you didn´t want to be a werewolf then you shouldn´t have joined the game. Simple as that.
Once more- so that everyone understands : By joining the game you should have understood that there is a chance that you´re the werewolf.

2. This game was meant for fun. If you can´t play it without going offensive,dramatic and personal - you shouldn´t play.

3. If you did get hurt by someone´s words in the game - why don´t you tell him/her that?...Instead of making a drama in public. I´m sure that most of our people don´t hurt other´s feelings intentionally and talking to people can work miracles.

4. I know that many people enjoyed the game and with those childish tantrums, whining, complaining and personal accusations- some of us sadly have ruined the game for everyone. I´m very much disappointed by behaviour of some people . Why can´t you act like adults? Is it too much to ask to keep drama out of KoA? Especially in a game that was meant for fun.

Game over. Gratz to the drama queens

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Kaleviplika wrote:
Game over. Gratz to the drama queens
Couldn't have put it better.

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:08 am

Kal deserves an apology, since she invested lots of time in designing this game.

Kal, Thank you for organizing this event, even if it lasted only few days.

Some players emerged as strong suitors for some roles. This is my personal opinion as I might have missed many posts.

Poppy, Kevin, Ed - Detectives
Trix, Jokr, Brad - Witty One Liners
Esme, Mabel, Jane, Matt, Paul - Offense and Defense Reasoning

Most of us had fun and were thoroughly enjoying the game ; and apologies if in the process any toes are stepped on. Game related comments were not intentional/personal and everyone was trying to stay alive in the best way he/she could.

Kal, many including me would like to play again, if given a chance.

Auntpol
Inactive
RSN: Auntpol

Post by Auntpol » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:47 am

Well put Kale! No one could have said it better. I am truly sorry this game ended badly for you, you put such hard work and creativity into it.
The storytellers were fantastic as well. Thanks you so much for putting your time into storytelling.

I for one would love to play again if Kale would start another round.

I love these games and I love the wondering and the detective work and the laughing, especially the laughing.

Hope to play again in another werewolf game soon!

Jax
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Erebos Jax

Post by Jax » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:16 am

That what happens when you have too much fun, someone always gets hurt. Should be some sort of murphy's law. So next time keep yourselves a little back or it WILL end the same way. :?

Ou and in physics it's sad that 'every action has a reaction'.
Qotsisajak
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Steam: Devilnion
Origin: Holgoma
Anime-Planet: Devilnion

Mabelrose2
Inactive
RSN: Mabelrose2

Post by Mabelrose2 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:39 am

honestly and perhaps just my opinon but, a few roles I think hurt the way the game was played

yes with more people more roles may help but.. frankly i think perhaps the lovers encouraged.. wolves to turn on each other.. to out other wolves perhaps... the vigilante is just too strong a role independentaly when the wolves have nothing to counter it.. etc

It was such fun the first time around am sure with some tweaking can be a success again

RedFalling
RSN: Redfalling

Post by RedFalling » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:47 am

well I sad to see it end this way but it was a little out of hand. That said, I would love to play again, and like Mable said before me, with a little tweeking, it would be very enjoyable.

still don't know if i'm going to tell you people if I was a wolf or not.. I'll just let you wonder. =)
[color=#BF0000]A member of KoA since:[/color] [color=#FF0000]A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...[/color]

[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/log/dragon/male/ ... alling.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Redfalling][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/water/7_ ... alling.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu26 ... Oly3rd.gif[/img]

Esme94
Inactive
RSN: Esme Foster

Post by Esme94 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:42 am

Mabelrose2 wrote:frankly i think perhaps the lovers encouraged.. wolves to turn on each other.. to out other wolves perhaps
Frankly, that is complete crap! I didnt hurt the game, I did NOT encourage the wolves to turn on each other and I dont think that even happened and outing other wolves was, I felt, a necessary part of the game in order for my lover to survive. If you had that role, Mabel, I wonder how you would have played it. The way I see it, you've never played that role so dont have any right to criticise someone else for what they did.

As for the remarks about being a drama queen, which I feel were aimed at me, all I did was leave the game a few hours earlier than I was going to leave it anyway and, despite what many ppl who werent actually there may think, I had very good reasons for doing so. Walk a mile in someone's shoes before judging him, or however that saying goes! The game could easily have continued with 2 fewer werewolves imo.

For the record, I think that having a 'say anything to anyone' policy does not work. For example, the Seer finds out who a werewolf is and then 'goes after' that werewolf with cleverly written posts trying to encourage other players to vote for that werewolf - fair play, all good fun. Then, with the 'anything' policy: the Seer finds out who is a werewolf, tells another player and maybe another and all 3 then 'go after' that werewolf, outing him or her on forums, and picking on everything they say, over and over again - not fair play, not fun.

I apologise Kal, for the way the game turned out. But do not heap all the blame on me and Jokr, there are many factors involved here which led to that happening.

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:55 am

There's obviously a lot that went on in the cc, and I'm a little disappointed about that. I've always seen forum games as a way to have fun with each other through the posts, and after you've finished posting/replying you leave it alone/forget about it until you check the thread out again.

Despite not being a fan of drama, I too would be miffed if the game and comments that go along with it carried over into the cc.

Hopefully this isn't the end of these games, I always enjoyed reading them and the comments/scheming they provide.

(on a side note, just from the forum posts I thought Tom was the seer)
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Mabelrose2
Inactive
RSN: Mabelrose2

Post by Mabelrose2 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:10 am

Frankly, that is complete crap! I didnt hurt the game, I did NOT encourage the wolves to turn on each other and I dont think that even happened and outing other wolves was, I felt, a necessary part of the game in order for my lover to survive. If you had that role, Mabel, I wonder how you would have played it. The way I see it, you've never played that role so dont have any right to criticise someone else for what they did.
I in no way was critizing you or how you played the game. My comment was on the role itself...
I did not criticize nor intend to be critical of YOU for how you played the game...

Frankly I dont know how I would have played it.. quite possibly the same way, but as soon as you put a ROLE in the game that.. to succeed requires a player to give away the identify of all the wolves... well I was just offering my opinon... I believe (my OPINION) is that the ROLES of the Lovers and the ROLE of the vigilante took away from the game.. from how it played out before...

I agree that "say anything to anyone" policy does not work.

my opinion is, since ALL players are villagers it's fair to say "Im just a villager" but that all other roles should be kept secret.. well, wolves need to know who each other are .. but the other roles, seer, guardian angel, etc should not be able to say "Im X" which took away from the challenge and creative story telling we had in the last game.

onezerobin
Inactive

Post by onezerobin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:14 am

Lol, Neltak; I remember you guessed correctly during the first game :)

I thought Brad was Bomb; Mabel, Esme or Jokr were wolf lover in that order; Trix or Jane human lover; Tom seer/herbalist...

Talk about my fail detective skills, ROFL :lol:

This game is not as easy as it seems :) I wonder what other's guesses were?

Esme94
Inactive
RSN: Esme Foster

Post by Esme94 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:22 am

Mabelrose2 wrote:I believe (my OPINION) is that the ROLES of the Lovers and the ROLE of the vigilante took away from the game.. from how it played out before...

I agree that "say anything to anyone" policy does not work.

my opinion is, since ALL players are villagers it's fair to say "Im just a villager" but that all other roles should be kept secret.. well, wolves need to know who each other are .. but the other roles, seer, guardian angel, etc should not be able to say "Im X" which took away from the challenge and creative story telling we had in the last game.
Agreed, 100% :)
Last edited by Esme94 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:24 am

i was the bomb :-)

onezerobin
Inactive

Post by onezerobin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:29 am