magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Bonus XP weekend!!!

Post by magerpainz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Discuss it here: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/l ... 6,64037594
Game Updates
Hallowe'en Treat: Scary Bonus XP Weekend!

17 hours ago

We're really getting into the spirit of Hallowe'en and Trick or Treat, and would like to give you - the community - a giant treat! Want to skill up in preparation for the Evolution of Combat launch, or just getting into the Hallowe'en spirit? Then join in one of our famous Bonus XP Weekends!

For the first time ever, free players will also share in the Bonus XP Weekend, with 20% more XP. Naturally, though, being a member will always give you a significantly greater bonus: double XP!

Grab your gear, examine your skill levels and start scheming – the weekend will run from noon (GMT) Saturday 27th October to noon (GMT) Monday 29th October.

Keep an eye out for further details – we'll tell you more as the event draws closer.
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Re: Bonus XP weekend!!!

Post by syfyqueen » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:40 pm

I just read about that - WOOHOO!!! Time to start gathering/planning. They didn't say if it's going to be the sliding scale lowering the bonus xp every half hour or if it's going to be double xp the entire weekend. I'm praying it's double xp the entire weekend but, unfortunately, I doubt it will be, lol.... [-O<
ImageImage

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:44 pm

syfyqueen wrote:I just read about that - WOOHOO!!! Time to start gathering/planning. They didn't say if it's going to be the sliding scale lowering the bonus xp every half hour or if it's going to be double xp the entire weekend. I'm praying it's double xp the entire weekend but, unfortunately, I doubt it will be, lol.... [-O<
Just looking at the post, it does look like double exp. Would be nice :D
Image Image

G L V
RSN: Jack Lentils

Post by G L V » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:39 pm

sounds good to me i dont know why everyone is complaing in the rs forums.

Darkstar
RSN: Darkstar God

Post by Darkstar » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:47 am

G L V wrote:sounds good to me i dont know why everyone is complaing in the rs forums.
I think it is because Jagex previously stated that they didn't want to do double xp weekends any more because it's unfair for people who can't play during the weekend. They would rather do rewards that players can do whenever they so wish. Personally I would prefer these types of rewards as I can't commit to playing for an extended amount of time during the weekend as I work in a bar (not going to be a problem soon as I have a new much better job) but still. The point still stands that they've already gone on record saying they won't be doing double XP weekends any more.

Perhaps they've realised how much the Promissory Note has affected the market and want to change. Who knows.

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:55 am

Anyone thinking about herblore you can only do 1260 potions per hour MAX so don't drop too much coin on needless herbs or supplies

Torri
RSN: Tynset

Post by Torri » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:48 am

TrixStar wrote:Anyone thinking about herblore you can only do 1260 potions per hour MAX so don't drop too much coin on needless herbs or supplies

That would apply to me....yet I wasted 90 mil last week finishing it. :evil: Crock of poop this bxpw is...
[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img43/5832/36320 ... 081185.jpg[/img]

[spoiler][sig]2012-03_Firemaking_1st-Torri.png[/sig][/spoiler]

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Post by SnowAngel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:12 am

Every time we turn around, they're giving us bonus xp in some way. I think it's all ridiculous.

One day we will log in and see that we have an instant 99 in a skill of our choice. :roll:
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

Torri
RSN: Tynset

Post by Torri » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:36 am

:oops: I wouldn't turn that down for hunter, Ashlee
[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img43/5832/36320 ... 081185.jpg[/img]

[spoiler][sig]2012-03_Firemaking_1st-Torri.png[/sig][/spoiler]

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by magerpainz » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:00 am

One day we will log in and see that we have an instant 99 in a skill of our choice.
Insta-skill dart!!

Or... How does this work for ya? http://services.runescape.com/m=news/sq ... rial-packs
Image Image Image
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:54 am

No more bxpw=sell all items I've been hoarding. O yeah BTW, trick or treat, BXPW. :facepalm:

Kevinsaurus
RSN: Kevinsaurus

Post by Kevinsaurus » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:20 am

Torri wrote::oops: I wouldn't turn that down for hunter, Ashlee
I second this. Hunter can go die lol... lowest skill smh

As for the topic on hand... I'm not going to complain about BXPW... it would've been nice to have an earlier notice about it. I can see why people are upset about it, but when you think about it, the whole BXPW idea is working. I don't see people quitting because of it; if anything, people are even more encouraged to take advantage of it and people want to play for it. Strategy-wise, it seems to be effective. On an honor and pride standpoint, I'm pretty annoyed and pissed off about it, but oh well.
[center][url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Kevinsaurus][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/t5lejie/ ... saurus.png[/img][/url]
[sig]2012_08_magic2.png[/sig][/center]

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:23 am

Free xp for a game that I enjoy is always welcomed, its not gonna affect me irl, its gonna help me enjoy a game. Why all the negative feedback about free xp?

Darkstar
RSN: Darkstar God

Post by Darkstar » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:50 pm

PvM Shorty wrote:Free xp for a game that I enjoy is always welcomed, its not gonna affect me irl, its gonna help me enjoy a game. Why all the negative feedback about free xp?
I'm annoyed about it because I'm hosting a house party on that weekend. So won't be playing on the Saturday and probably won't want to play on the Sunday depending on how hungover I am.

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by magerpainz » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:08 pm

probably won't want to play on the Sunday depending on how hungover I am.
Everyone has priorities! :)
Image Image Image
I want a Spartan Woman!