Bonus XP weekend!!!

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Rocky
RSN: Magerockyv2

Re: Bonus XP weekend!!!

Post by Rocky » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:41 am

Will only comment that I'm growing sick & tired of all them f...ers saying one thing and doing another..

benson300
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Bam Yoo

Post by benson300 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:13 pm

I will obviously take advantage of it but people ask about the negative feedback...those of us who have played for 5+ years earned their capes without any of this bxp. The capes we spent hours upon hours earning are not as prized as they used to be. A good example, when I got my slayer cape I was ranked below 1000 then they came out with slayer points, effigies, bxp and all the other new mini games that give ridiculous xp. This isn't a tirade, it's just an explanation as to why there would be negative feedback about bxp!
ImageImage

Aeversme
Inactive
RSN: Ace Aardvark

Post by Aeversme » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:49 am

Hooray! Gotta decide what to train...

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:37 am

Quote from Mod Emilee on the rs forums:
The official FAQ will be total confirmation, but as it stands now (remember, sometimes things change!):

1. Bonus XP will apply to Summoning at the full 2x rate on members worlds.
2. On members worlds, players will receive a flat rate of 2x XP (it will not reduce).

syfyqueen
RSN: Syfyqueen

Post by syfyqueen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:49 pm

As to hosting a house party during bxp weekend - maybe you could call it off & host it on another weekend, lol..... :D
As to complaints about all the new ways to get bonus xp - things must change with the times. With all the irl events people have such as jobs, families, kids, etc they don't have much time to devote to games so the bonus xp is very helpful to them. If everything stayed the same like it was "back in the day" it would be boring with nothing new to look forward to. Computers, calculators, cell phones, internet, game systems, etc didn't exist when I was young yet I've learned to adapt. Unfortunately, you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time no matter whether it's in irl or in games. Like the old saying goes - when life gives you lemons, make lemonade! :)>-
ImageImage

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Post by Hid » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:35 pm

FAQ on the forums (future game updates)

When is the Bonus XP Weekend?
The Bonus XP Weekend will run from noon (GMT) Saturday 27th October to noon (GMT) Monday 29th October.

I'm a member. How much bonus XP will I get?
You'll get twice the XP you'd ordinarily earn from most skill training activities.

Will the Bonus XP apply to training Summoning?
Yes! You will receive double Summoning XP when training on members' worlds.

I'm a free player! Will I receive bonus XP?
Yep! Players on free worlds will benefit from a x1.2 XP boost.

Will the XP modifier reduce over time as with previous bonus XP events?
No! The bonus XP modifier is set at x2 for members' worlds and x1.2 for free worlds for the whole weekend. Note that members on free worlds will only receive the x1.2 modifier.

How will other XP boosting items/effects work with the bonus XP?
Items such as skill training pendants or skill gear training sets will work in addition to the Bonus XP Weekend's benefits.

For example, if you were cutting normal trees while wearing the full lumberjack outfit during the weekend, your XP would be calculated as follows:
The 25 XP normally received from cutting the tree would first benefit from the lumberjack boost, resulting in a bonus of 1.25 XP.
The bonus XP modifier would then boost the standard 25 XP to 50 XP before adding the lumberjack bonus, totalling resulting in an end gain of 51.2.5 XP.

The following items will work during the Bonus XP Weekend:
Lumberjack outfit
Golden mining suit
Constructor's outfit
Black Ibis outfit
Master runecrafter robes
Fishing outfit
Squeal of Fortune training sets: Artisan's, Blacksmith's, Botanist's, Sous chef's
Squeal of Fortune skill training pendants
Brawling gloves
Loyalty Programme auras that give a percentage XP bonus, such as Salvation, Corruption and Harmony.

Which training methods will be excluded from receiving bonus XP?
Barbarian horn boosts
Offering bones on a gilded altar
Sacred clay items
All Fired Up rewards
Quest XP rewards, including Early Bird bonuses.
Any items giving bonus XP which aren't listed in the list above (e.g. ancient effigies, strange rocks, genie lamps, tomes of experience, goldsmithing gloves, Ectofuntus, altars in player-owned houses, etc).
XP rewards at the end of minigames/D&Ds (e.g. Tears of Guthix, Soul Wars, Pest Control, Jade Vine, Skeletal Horror, giving sq'irk juice to Osman, etc).
Anything which allows points to be exchanged for XP (e.g. Dungeoneering tokens, Penguin Points, Brimhaven Agility Arena tickets, Slayer incentives, Mrs Winkin's World of Seeds shop from Vinesweeper, Dominion Tower item exchange, etc).
Any XP earned through the Assist System.
KoA achievements

duc_donald
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Duc Donald

Post by duc_donald » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Seems to me people "need" something to whine about. Probably mostly teens with nothing else better to do (he said with a hint of jealousy).....
Given my lowly level status free XP is gratefully accepted :)

Nice summary hid!!!

Shhhhhhhh
RSN: Shhhhhhhh

Post by Shhhhhhhh » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:04 pm

It sucks for me since i only work on the weekend lol

Signature
RSN: Signature

Post by Signature » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Sounds good to me, always enjoyed these bonus weekends, even though I always spend them on noob chars of mine, not on Siggy :P

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:31 am

Shhhhhhhh wrote:It sucks for me since i only work on the weekend lol
yeah, that sucks :(

Well I've emptied my kingdom to hopefully make some nice profit and I will be prepared to dung all weekend if anyone else is up for it
ImageImage

I San I
RSN: I San I

Post by I San I » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:59 pm

If anyone needs some herbs, I can give ya some. I am not guna do herb.

Kevinsaurus
RSN: Kevinsaurus

Post by Kevinsaurus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:01 pm

So ready for this, 99 construction in oak planks bought, and planning on getting 99 summoning as well from it.
[center][url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Kevinsaurus][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/t5lejie/ ... saurus.png[/img][/url]
[sig]2012_08_magic2.png[/sig][/center]

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Post by magerpainz » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:04 am

Good Luck Kevin and all others!
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

Damion
RSN: Ohfaq

Post by Damion » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:01 pm

I am torn between the bonus xp only when I am unable to take advantage of it :-P

Had it not been for the promissory note, I would still be waiting for my access to KoA. I will make as much use of bonus XP weekend as my wife and kids will allow. Any particular skill? Nope - will just work on everything I feel like working on for a bit unless there is some cool contest to work on one thing in particular and then I will most likely swing that route.

Now, once I get my character maxed (a seriously long way down the road), I will start griping about bonus xp :)
[url=http://www.facebook.com/mscoast]Add me on Facebook[/url]
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Ohfaq][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/blue/pose/117/Ohfaq.png[/img][/url][url=http://leetsigs.com/][img]http://advlog.leetscape.com/black/ohfaq.png[/img][/url]
[sig]2012_12_mining2.jpg[/sig][sig]2013_01_rc_3rd.jpg[/sig][sig]2013_02_wc_3rd.png[/sig]