Merchers & Merch-groups.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Rocky
RSN: Magerockyv2

Merchers & Merch-groups.

Post by Rocky » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Merchers & Merch-groups.
Quite curious..
Do we have any merch-groups? Or are there any known active merchers within our clan?
And..
If we do not, or if this is not known..
Would it be a good idea to start a Merch-group, or at least point out some active merchers which could guide other players?

Personally I am a big fan of merching. Especially "flipping".
I've been merching since about the day I've been playing Runescape. =þ
And been flipping since before I even knew it was called "flipping"
I would love to teach others how to flip, or just share some basic/advanced information about merchanting.
And see/share some screenshots of how we are making our millions.

dev
RSN: Hexables

Re: Merchers & Merch-groups.

Post by dev » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Merch groups are tricky because someone will always dump before others to make the biggest profit. Usually this involves the leadership of the group, but if they aren't being greedy, someone within the group will.

Helping other players seems like a good idea, but going in together on one item usually ends up with some people having a huge stack of items they don't want.
ImageImage

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:27 pm

That is true. That is also one of the reasons why I support giving out basic information, and/or various methods.. Instead of just giving out Item names..
Off course you can still share some items.. Especially with only a few people.
If wanted you could also work with a select group of merchers, and/or even manipulate some items.
(Even tho I am not a big fan of making select groups)

Machae
RSN: Machae

Post by Machae » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:33 am

Not done any merching /flipping myself but a few extra GP is always welcome.

Perhaps a quick introductary guide might be an idea and then anyone interested could contact you?

Myztra Roxxs
RSN: Myztra

Post by Myztra Roxxs » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:44 am

What is flipping?
* 2nd accts: Myztra Mini, Myztra HCore
Image Image
Image ImageImage

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:51 am

Myztra Roxxs wrote:What is flipping?
Buy things low, sell them high is a simple way to explain

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:19 pm

We did have a thread on here some time ago for this type of thing. It wasn't a 'merching' thread as such but a 'would you like to know' thread with GE trends, good buy's and the like. I will see if I can find it and bump!

Andy

Torri
RSN: Tynset

Post by Torri » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Just don't let Andy in the group, everything he touches turns to *crap*.

Oh, Hi Andy! Didn't see you there :D
[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img43/5832/36320 ... 081185.jpg[/img]

[spoiler][sig]2012-03_Firemaking_1st-Torri.png[/sig][/spoiler]

zerocoollll
RSN: Zero Smurf

Post by zerocoollll » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:23 pm

lmao

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Any tips, guidance and cooperation about making money is welcome, but if we start a group like that in the clan eventually there's gonna be inner wars...
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:20 pm

I think anytips, tricks, guidance about merching/flipping is great. Creating actual merching groups is not really desirable as there will always be someone who will sell before everyone else and will create havoc :P
Image Image

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:31 pm

Merching now compared to 12 months ago is a little bit harder to do since trade limits have been re-introduced. once you max out on 1 item, you have to wait a 4 hour period before you can re-buy

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Merching has become harder indeed. But when merching with a good team. You can help eachother on some good special items.. And/or even help eachother with small investments.
I agree.. There is almost always one who wants to make more profit.. Caring more for their own pouch instead of caring for our pouch..
That is why I support sharing information with fellow merchers (Talk about profits made or share some special items with good profit at this very moment) and guiding players who want to learn how to merch/flip.
Making lists with items which would be good to flip is pointless... As when you make such a list, the profit/margins of most of those items will drop like crazy.
(Again, there are some special items.. Usually worth a few millions, which could give great profit.. But only for a short while, as off course.. there are more merchers/merch-clans. < One which should surely be shared within our Kingdom!)

I would love to make a simple guide about Merching/Flipping..
Giving at least basic information on how to flip.. What to pay attention to, perhaps some basic items with very low margins.
Yet, I'm more curious about how many KoA members want such a guide, and how many other merchers could add some notes.

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:38 pm

I (personally) buy anything that I can high alch for bottom line profit. GE prices always fluctuate but an items alch value does not. There is a very good site that caters to this kind of trend in Market watching. Anything I can buy & alch (factoring in the current price of Nat runes of coarse) and profit on I will dump my bank on.

For example I bought 10k water orbs for 300ea, attach to a battle-staff (7k) alch for 9.3k. I can hear everyone groaning about alching 10k items but at almost 2k profit per click...who cares?

Players have caught on to this specific item so prices have since stabilized. The item is now relative to the alch value so If I wanted I could just resell on GE for the same profit.
My tip, buy anything...I mean ANYTHING that can be alched for any amount of profit. It's safe and you can always get a little more coin back, wether by GE or an 'ol fashioned "click"

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:33 am

That is indeed, a very good way.. To make some decent money, earn some magic xp.. And perhaps some extra xp (like crafting, mentioned in your example)

This method could also be inserted as a 'Fail-safe' when flipping..
As, only flip items which are currently below alch-price..
Almost all of the items below alch-price.. Will rise above alch-price quite quickly..
But off course, this will take some extra time.. In order to find some decent items.

However, you will still need to spend quite some time in buying items, and alching them.. Instead of just buying items, skilling... And selling with profit later on.