Blackxp's Merchanting Extravaganza

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Blackxp
Inactive
RSN: Blackxp

Blackxp's Merchanting Extravaganza

Post by Blackxp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:15 pm

So I was bored and realized I am too busy to really log in and do things in-game so I thought I would merchant so at least the time is not wasted. Here is my crazy idea. This is either the story to how Blackxp got very rich or lost all of his money :D
So my first merchant is a long-term and hopefully lower-risk merchant.

Buy: 150k Clean Avantoe for ~ 2050gp each (some for 1994gp and some for 2073gp ea)
Planned Sale Price: ~4400 each

Reasoning: Avantoe feels very stable for two reasons. It has a secondary that is literately dirt cheap so the price of avantoe is not dependent on other items. For instance look at Serum 207's where tarromins used to be 700ea and are not perhaps 50ea? The reason is because ashes jumped in price dramatically and tarromins had to drop to compensate. Another Factor is that its a high level and low level herblore item. You can use them for some of the cheapest xp/gp for low level and high level training through super attack or extreme attack potions. Both only dependent on the avantoe for its price and no secondary involved.

Also remember that bonus xp weekends seem to be "guaranteed" now while previously there was some risk investing since we were not sure if the bonus xp weekend would be a trend Jagex was going to follow. So the cyclical pattern you see in the graph will hopefully repeat in September and spike from the current 2000gp ea (previous low) to the 4500gp ea (high during bonus xp weekend).

Also upcoming bot nuke 2 might temporarily choke the supply of herbs since many of the sorceress garden bots will be destroyed in the process. This could help. Any thoughts? :D

Total Investment: ~307.5M
Planned Net Revenue: ~660M
Planned Profit: ~350M

So yeah.. I got 150k avantoe basically now (like 80k and buying the rest). Lets see how dis goes :D

Tristabella
RSN: Tristabella

Re: Blackxp's Merchanting Extravaganza

Post by Tristabella » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Best of luck, hope it all works out! :D

Blackxp
Inactive

Post by Blackxp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:47 pm

That or go terribly wrong! But I wanted to make some sort of record before hand so you can see the progress :D

All in all everyone gets 1 noted beer upon the completion of the extravaganza :D

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:16 am

Good luck, you're braver than I.
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:31 am

I tried doing this with lantadymes in preparation for spring '11 bonus xp weekend.. which failed horrendously. Invested 800m and they crashed down to make the investment worth 250m. I held on to them though and sold them for what I bought them for 8 months later after BND. It's not worth doing. >.<
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:24 am

Blackxp wrote:All in all everyone gets 1 noted beer upon the completion of the extravaganza :D
Here here! <):)

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:14 am

I wish I had that much money to invest!

Blackxp
Inactive

Post by Blackxp » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:00 pm

I might still give it a shot though. Avantoe seem pretty stable. Pre-Extremes they were stable at 1500gp ea and they are 2000 gp ea now. They seem to have been stable over the last few years at 4500gp ea or even higher with spikes near 6000 and 8000gp ea.

So I suppose I might try the risk since they are not dependent on a secondary and span training levels for low level players entering the game and high level players working towards 96, 99, and beyond.

I think for gp/xp when I was training to 96 extreme magics were about the same cost but slightly faster xp but in the end less usable. While extreme attacks have much more use than extreme magics imo. (You can boost +10 now on bosses, vecnas is free, etc).

So I might still try it :D But I promise I will be like... "You were right starwolf :(" when i fail terribly :D

Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:59 pm

Do what you want. I made the mistake in investing over half my bank in something that I thought was a repeated trend with herbs for bonus exp weekend. If a bot nuke is around the corner, then you'll most likely strike it rich.
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

Blackxp
Inactive

Post by Blackxp » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah, just wanted to do something with my money since all I am doing is really logging in and spinning and logging out. Maybe my kingdom every week?

I was considering sharks/red chins at first actually but sharks worry me since in the event that a new food item is released that would kill sharks. Not that it is very likely but I wanted to find something as low risk as possible. Red chins I made tons of money when I bought 99 range for 700ea and they went up to 1.9k ea and I sold but even with a second bot nuke update I doubt people will panic the same way since this time around people know bots can get around the updates. I think most people assumed botting was gone forever.

Huzzah
RSN: Huzzah

Post by Huzzah » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:36 am

Best of luck.

Can be risky but that would be a nice payoff.
[b]Classic:[/b] Combat 084 - 1134 Total Level.
[b]Pre-Eoc[/b] Combat 121 - 2288 Total Level.

Retired fall of 2012. Goodluck Koa! :)

Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:12 pm

Blackxp wrote:Yeah, just wanted to do something with my money since all I am doing is really logging in and spinning and logging out. Maybe my kingdom every week?

I was considering sharks/red chins at first actually but sharks worry me since in the event that a new food item is released that would kill sharks. Not that it is very likely but I wanted to find something as low risk as possible. Red chins I made tons of money when I bought 99 range for 700ea and they went up to 1.9k ea and I sold but even with a second bot nuke update I doubt people will panic the same way since this time around people know bots can get around the updates. I think most people assumed botting was gone forever.

Bots that specifically hunted chins were gone a few months. I wouldn't count Jagex out of this just yet, but they do a good job at stalling.

Blackxp
Inactive

Post by Blackxp » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Haha true. Think I completed my buys today, have not logged in yet but I will take a picture of the 150k soon :D

This thread lacks some pirate :pirate:

There we go!

graber10
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: K Graber

Post by graber10 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:17 pm

I think this is a great investment. However i find it a lot better to just do small investments instead, whenever i try long term i get drilled with a downfall and panic sell lol. Warren Buffett is pretty famous for the small gains he goes for instead of for huge investments (seems huge to us but tiny for him) he just does many of them and they add up quick. here's a good little quote from him that i like to think about when i'm deciding my next rl investments or rs investments "I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over."

Blackxp
Inactive

Post by Blackxp » Sun May 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Current Status:

Clean Avantoe price: 1791 each
Current volume: 150k
Average buy price: ~1950ea

Net Gain: -23.8M

The game is on :D!