Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Universal NZ
Inactive
RSN: Daddy Aaron

jagex deserve to win?

Post by Universal NZ » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:33 pm

http://youtu.be/Tq9MXlPColw

http://youtu.be/Tq9MXlPColw
Watched this video and read it's description all too true..
[img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5735/agility1.gif[/img]
[color=#0000FF]Agility Fan[/color] :) and [color=#FF0000]crazy man.[/color]
No lifed agility from level 74-99 in 36 days straight.

Philoz 494
RSN: Bao Cong

Re: jagex deserve to win?

Post by Philoz 494 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:29 pm

All the bots, advertisers, illegal tradings ruined Runescape, im starting to worry :|

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Post by Cally Raven » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:07 am

Surely Jagex gotta do something about this, bots are annoying at the best of times but that film just shows how out of control the situation has got!
Image]

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:56 am

This is depressing about how true it is.
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

Diplomatt
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:33 am

They really don't give a poop. If they did, they would be instructing MODS and PMODS to these locations to clean them up.

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Makes me sad. I am sure the amount of revenue they would lose by banning all boters weighs heavily on their decision making on whether or not to do something about it.

Huzzah
RSN: Huzzah

Post by Huzzah » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Yeah Jagex doesn't care and its kinda sad.

Think of their 'bot busting' sessions as nothing more then a show to try and keep the belief alive they do.
[b]Classic:[/b] Combat 084 - 1134 Total Level.
[b]Pre-Eoc[/b] Combat 121 - 2288 Total Level.

Retired fall of 2012. Goodluck Koa! :)

DoctorDRAG0N
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: DoctorDRAGON

Post by DoctorDRAG0N » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:40 pm

We should publically boycott them untill the issue is resolved. When they start losing non-bot money maybe they will snap out of it. (although doubtful)

Kaejer
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Kaejer

Post by Kaejer » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:50 pm

That really is sad. Maybe we should try to start a trend of recording bots on hypercam or whatever and posting it to YouTube. If it's widely public how many bots are on RuneScape, Jagex might think a bit more differently.

lil zipperz
Inactive
RSN: zZIPPERZz

Post by lil zipperz » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:14 pm

DoctorDRAG0N wrote:We should publically boycott them untill the issue is resolved. When they start losing non-bot money maybe they will snap out of it. (although doubtful)
When this was up for vote last winter, I was very angry and upset and unsure if I would continue playing a game that I enjoyed due to a fear that much of what we are seeing now would come to happen. I had spoken to many of my friends who felt a similar way and wrote a very angry and sternly written but business-like letter and sent it via mail (yes, real life, actual SNAIL MAIL) to the corporate address in Cambridge UK. I detailed the issues and feelings that myself and those I was speaking on behalf of and listed each of our subscription dates, and that we would not be continuing as paying consumers. And in fact, to my knowledge, each of the accounts listed, did not resubscribe when it was detailed they would not; and Jagex could see maybe that we were not just some people ranting on the forums or sending angry messages in game.

Now I am uncertain who actually read this letter or how far up the chain it got, but after a period of time, i received an email that seemed to be personally written, and each of the accounts listed were given some form of membership credit to continue and to give Jagex the opportunity to show that they had in fact resolved some of these issues and that our well-written and explicit reasons for protest were not unheard. I eventually did come back to playing, and I in fact am still playing on "free" credit :lol: 8)

I have not spoken of this to everyone ingame because the way in which i play is as a mechanism to have fun and relax, and the way I express myself in game reflects this, I'm just a fun-loving girl that likes to range and make silly comments and not prone to writing very angry letters to companies in real life unless such a situation warranted. The only choice you have as a consumer- is not to pay!
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Zzipperzz][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/purple/p ... pperzz.png[/img][/url][img]http://koaclan.info/sigs/2011-07_Fishing_2nd.jpg[/img]

[color=#BF0040]Most of my posts are unsuitable for any sort of work, or home viewing.[/color]
[color=#40BF80][b]There is no Real Life, only AFK[/b][/color]

B F O A
RSN: B F O A

Post by B F O A » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Imo (and reading some of the RSOF opinions); Making sure Jagex loses this year's GJA is the best way to bring their attention back to RS.
I voted for League of Legends. Never played the game, but it's more deserving than the current state of F2P Runescape.

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Wow, what a poingant vid! Perhaps we can take some form of action as a clan of over 100 members? Do we carry any weight?

Universal NZ
Inactive
RSN: Daddy Aaron

Post by Universal NZ » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Darth Kaz2 wrote:Wow, what a poingant vid! Perhaps we can take some form of action as a clan of over 100 members? Do we carry any weight?
No not really 100 adult clan members against 20,000+ active bots, gold sellers,scum.

Truth is a lot of people complain about it but then say without them it would be to hard to skill. Which is complete bull. They don't want to pay high prices or collect on there own so this is why there is such a massive bot market. And for the ones who do actually want to collect can't because of this.

The rest is lazy people who don't want to spend hours training skills and feel no self accomplishment which is sad if this is what people's mind set's of today is.Then we are truly screwed for the future with so many parts of game already made easier and easier

Sadly the player that recorded and made these vids jiblix was demodded because this is his second video showcasing bots and there true effects on rs.
quote from youtube.

Heard you were Demodded around forums, True/False? Confirm please:c
LimeyLaura 25 minutes ago

@LimeyLaura They removed my modship today. Apparently I was posting Anti Jagex content on my YouTube and discouraging players not to vote for Jagex in the Golden Joystick awards.
[img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5735/agility1.gif[/img]
[color=#0000FF]Agility Fan[/color] :) and [color=#FF0000]crazy man.[/color]
No lifed agility from level 74-99 in 36 days straight.

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:07 am

Wow, that's pathetic of Jagex to do, but it does seem that it is anti-Jagex stuff only because Jagex is doing nothing to really solve the problem. If anything that video is meant as a call to action for Jagex to fix the dumb botting problem. Feel sorry for the Jiblix. :<
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

Britta
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Britta

Post by Britta » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:11 am

Omg - I knew it was bad, but not this bad =( very sad
(Just thinking of the goldfarmer - the conditions they are living in and no to forget the support of this in 3rd world countries)
:-?
They should just stop free trade again and a big part of the problem is solved.