So...How Was Your Weekend?

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

So...How Was Your Weekend?

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:11 pm

How did you fare this Bonus Weekend? What worked for you, and what didn't? If Jagex sticks to the pattern they have established, we should be having another Bonus EXP Weekend in September. Therefore, anything you can suggest now may help everyone then!

I made about 4.4m exp in Herblore, 350k in Fletching, 40k in FM, 400k in Crafting, and 100k in Farming.

-- Farming: I had planted the best trees already, so did a quick 5 minute run checking tree health. Bang, 100k.
-- Herby: I started by making 1k Extreme Ranges...the seconds stack. :) Then I made other extremes in batches of 100, and made 100 overloads, and repeated. Ended up with 800 overloads done. :)
-- Fletching: I have 30k unfeathered Addy Bolts, which I feathered. Nice fast xp!
-- Firemaking: Had loaded up Beacons with mage logs, so did a quick run. No Bonus Exp, so only got the normal 40k. :(
-- Crafting: Had 1k bstaves and air orbs. Sold them on the spot to an alcher for 9.5k ea. :)
-- Theiving: Once I ran out of materials for other skills, I did a bit of pyramid plunder. 100k. Ended at 1.2x EXP.

All in all, it was awesome. I got 95,96,97,98 Herb and 96 Fletching and 94 Theiving. Sweet! :D

du lac46
Inactive
RSN: du lac46

Re: So...How Was Your Weekend?

Post by du lac46 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Wow, you did extremely well, I runecrafted, even at double xp, I found it hard.

DU

GrandmasterH
RSN: GrandMasterH

Post by GrandmasterH » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:23 pm

started things out with 2 spirit trees at 52k xp each = 104k took about 1minute.
from there i did hours straight of herby: total of about 2.6m herb xp
then i did a bit of everything from there
magic, runecrafting, mining, summoning, crafting, hunter

levels gained: 77 -> 87 herblore, 89 farming, 65 runecraft, 69 summoning, 84 crafting, 87 magic. (and 74 prayer cause i beat up nomad)

Iamshe
RSN: Iamshe

Post by Iamshe » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Well I have this rule that I won't drop below 10m in my bank. Mostly cos I have such a hard time making money, and I always want a little cushion in the bank. So I farmed, and killed spectres, and did all I could to get as many herbs as I could, and ended up buying a load of potato cactus and other secondaries, and went for herblore during the big bonus times. I started the weekend parked by my spirit tree, checked its health and gained 1 farming level. Then added secondaries to all the unfin pots I'd made. Managed to get up to 85 herblore and then realized I had a LOAD of papayas and could make recover specials. Ended up at 87 - 3 total levels there. Not bad, but I was grumpy, as I was hoping to get up to 89 at least, so I could pot and do 91 effigies.

What I learned there - when calculating, I neglected to count in the pots I would be ABLE to make at the next level up. I was thinking, man, I have to make a LOT of mage pots (they sell decently, so I usually use those for herb xp). The recover spec thing hit me and I felt so stupid for not planning for it. I should have picked up more avantoe, more mort myre fungi, so I could have made even more xp.

Then I had a moment when NOTHING sounded fun, and I tried various things I knew I needed to level in - I fished a bit, tried a couple runs through Ape Atoll agility (1 level gained there), cooked some of my raw sharks (1 level gained there), and then, frustrated, I got Iron to go dunge with me. Went from 46 dunge to 49 (3 levels!), and had fun for a while.

The next day I was seriously grumpy. And it hit me - I was NOT logging in to Runescape when I normally would, because I wanted all my XP to count. And I didn't want to do anything like agility, which I know I need, or RC. When I did log in, I did some ZMI altar runs, and got even more grumpy. I hunted for a while, since I was close to leveling, and then did the Impetuous Impulses activity for a good couple hours (2 hunter levels gained!), and had some fun doing it, but still felt like it wasn't REALLY what I wanted to do. I also did some summoning (1 level gained) til I ran out of crimson and blue charms. Oh, and I burned maples to gain 1 fm level.

Finally I decided that who CARES if it's a bonus weekend. I love love love to slay. I spend probably 70% of my time in RS slaying. I wasn't slaying because it didn't make sense - I have 99 att/str/def/hp, and 95 slay, and the stuff I really needed to level seemed like it should be the focus. "But to hell with it", I thought, "I'm SLAYING."

Spent the last part of last night killing gargoyles for my task, and realized that for the first time all weekend I wasn't all grumbly about playing. I was enjoying myself. So I guess what I learned is that the FUN matters to me. I know some people have fun leveling things they need to bring up, but I FAR prefer to accidentally level while I do things I enjoy.

Next bonus XP weekend? Herb again, and maybe hunter. But this time, when I run out of supplies, I'm going to do things I love, instead of forcing myself to work on things I hate.

Starwolf
RSN: Starwolf

Post by Starwolf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:02 pm

I was just firemaking for my weekend. Went from 92-98 firemaking in a matter of about 8 hours. Well worth it with Magic logs, there you pay about 1-3 gp per exp. It might of been the most costly way of raising the skill, but hell it'll sure save me countless hours of playing barbarian assault and then more countless clicking firemaking lol :XD:
[img]http://sigs.runeslayer.com/MzSxNrHOtTYy ... arwolf.png[/img][sig]2012-02_Farming_2nd-Starwolf.gif[/sig]

Joedakiller
RSN: Joedakiller

Post by Joedakiller » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:00 pm

I went from 72 to 79 smithing. I was hoping for 80.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:01 pm

i spent the first half hour making overloads and gaining approx. 800k herb xp and arriving at 99 herblore. Yeah!

Next, I hunkered down with ZMI (RC). Found the best way to train RC quickly is to use the ZMI bank (paying 20 body runes per access) coupled with Ourania teleports. Got 93 RC. While doing this, I joined up with KoA friends on Mumble, and we told stories, reminisced, etc. Lots of laughing. Good times.

After 10 hours, I switched over to cooking 10k monkfish...always using decorated cooking urns. Ran out of fish with about 400k cooking xp shy of 99. No rush. :)

I finished up with 2400 total lvls too.

It was great seeing the leveling and the bounty of "Grats/Gratz" that followed in CC and Mumble.

Next September? Probably start with RC. Go for 10 hours...and then finish the weekend with summoning & slayer. (staying away from skills that use sacred clay or the penance horn for other times)
morituri te salutant

Draco Ea
RSN: Draco Ea

Post by Draco Ea » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:12 pm

I ended up with 6,361,303 xp gained (5th place in tracker yay ! )

I started with herblore : kept all the herbs i got since last double xp weekend, including herbs from kingdom.
Ended up with 3 mil herblore xp (3.080.000 something) mostly making super+ extreme defence, attack and strenght, some other pots, and ended herblore with 800 pray pots.
Next time i'll focus on extreme range and magics, the time after that all out overloads.

I dabbled around a bit after that (herblore took way longer then I expected, as i didnt calculate anything lol), did 1300 bstafs (crafting), some woodcutting,...

Once i Hit 1.1 i went all out on summoning , and ended up 140k short of 96 summoning, couldnt end it there, so I did familiarisation, then some more charm hunting, and even gathered 500 swamp toads, so i ended up with 96 summoning.
Pack Yacks here I am !! lol

Overall a very productive dbxp weekend.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Draco_Ea][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/ice/pose ... aco_Ea.png[/img][/url]

Dave
RSN: Neltak

Post by Dave » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:56 pm

Spent the first 1-1.5 hours making a few hundred overload supplies and 600 overloads (2.3M exp, got to 96)

The next 3 hours, 1.5-4.5 hour timeframe, woodcut at teaks (460K woodcut exp, 160K firemaking exp). Planned to spend the rest of my >1.1x multiplier here but got too bored.

Rest of the weekend I Dg'd. (2.6M exp)

For a total of 6,326,491 experience (looks to Draco...might as well say we tied! :P)
Currently playing: Civilization V, Hearthstone, Dwarf Fortress II, Golf (IRL).

Aridan
RSN: Lady Aridan

Post by Aridan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:09 am

I was disappointed that I had little time to spend this weekend on Runescape, but I did gain an herblore level. I think I still had a 2.0 multiplier when I logged out. Sad day, lol.

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:25 am

Yeah, Aridan...weekends are when I play the least. Oh well.

One thing I loved about the weekend...all the 'congrats' offered in the CC. It was just amazing to see our clan racking up those levels. Great job everyone! :D

Xardnor
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Xardnor

Post by Xardnor » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:14 pm

I thought I wasn't going to get any time on, but I did manage to get a few hours. I mixed a few overloads, checked 2 spirit trees, a calquat, fletched a few magic bows and used what little time I had left on rc. Not much, but it was better than I thought it would be for the time I had.

korella
RSN: KORftw

Post by korella » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:02 pm

I was also doing herbalore. I gained around 1.1m xp and leveled from 60 to 75. I was making super strength potions. One thing that i found quite annoying was how the timer works...specifically that timer starts when you log on to your account. I forgot to prepare for bonus xp weekend, so i wasted around 10 minutes buying all the supplies. It would be a lot more better if the timer starts when you actually begin training(gaining xp). That would save some valuable minutes for short-memory lads like me.

Lawidget
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: La Widget

Post by Lawidget » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:47 am

I was judging a National Qualifying Debate Tournament at University of Oregon but I did manage to squeeze in an herb lore level!

Laurie

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:43 pm

I planned to skip the whole bonus weekend, but few hours before it started bought enough supplies to get me from lvl 88 to 90 (almost 91). Took me 1.5 hr to get around 1.3m xp. I managed to train 8.5 hrs of rc during the remaining weekend. Since I did not have long stretch of time I had to login and out a minimum of 50 times, and realized every time I was logging in or out I was losing a minute. This was not the case during the previous bonus xp weekends, where the timer would remain the same.